webthing
Forum King

Casio G'zOne Commando 4G

The new 2013 model

Takes nice pics too. Resized from 3264 x 2448

Old 5th October 2014, 07:40   #3762
sgtfuzzbubble011

Last purchased:

Three 4-packs of Rosewill 3000K A-19 shaped LED light bulbs for $20 a pack. They're rated for 560 lumens each, so they put out about as much as a 50W incandescent bulb, but they take 8.2W (so they're a bit more efficient than CFLs with similar output). I had already ordered a few of these from Newegg a week or two ago to see how I'd like them. They're doing a good job so far, and I just happened to find these 4-packs of the same bulbs even cheaper on NeweggFlash earlier today. Gonna outfit the whole apartment with new LED bulbs.
Old 15th October 2014, 07:25   #3763
Editha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
I've been running a 1055T for a while. The 1075T has better power consumption than the 1055T and is a little faster. It makes for a really fast machine. You can overclock them a lot!

What I bought was this:

http://www.furhatworld.com/mouton-sh...ack-p-911.html

You would probably like this hat with the weather you get Ted. A friend of mine was sort of goofing around wearing his dads hat circa 1975. I remembered these old cossack ambassador hats were really popular in the day. I found one. I had to order from Canada.

It's nice out here in Oregon in February, aside from the piercing wind. I would have to say... this is the warmest hat I have ever owned. I like being outside. This hat is gonna save me a cold. It's real lambs wool and has fold down ear muffs.... Comfy...

The seem that way, but I remember a couple of vintage cars... like a Corvette my buddy had that you had to "cherry pick" the motor to get at the last spark plug. I've done a lot of work on pretty modern cars, and the thing is "buy the book". Haynes makes good books. Sometimes you look at something and just don't understand because it's nothing like you've ever seen before. That doesn't mean it's a tough or big job. Sometimes (and often) they are actually easier to work on than the old stuff.

http://www.haynes.com/catalogs

These guys do a complete tear down and rebuild of a car and write these manuals. It will at least tell you how much trouble DIY work is. I've bought one for all my cars for the last 30 years. It will tell you how much of a bitch things are in detail. Then you can decide whether you want a pro or not. Sometimes this stuff is just so simple... if you have the book.

As computerized as these things are today, they'll practically diagnose themselves in anything newer than 2000. It's sort of plug and play..... Pay a shop or buy a reader... or if you are really cheap, you can count square waves with a voltmeter.

Then you can decide if your time is worth $95+ an hour? I can turn a wrench, and most of this stuff isn't rocket science.... well it is.... but they already launched the rocket. I think some of the design consideration in cars lately has been dedicated to making them halfway reasonable to repair. Cost of repair numbers for cars are widely reported.
So how was that hat? Because I was thinking of buying even a warmer furry hat. This one looks promising :O http://www.rabbityhats.com/fur-hats/...ouch-of-nature
Old 13th November 2014, 20:15   #3765
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Finally I have a new parfum in the house. I use this one parfum since 22 years, and the last time I had bought it in July 2011. After 3 and a half I did that again.

There are also some other parfums, but I want to use this one parfum, although the price had doubled.

I will open the new pack on 24th December...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Old 14th November 2014, 10:55   #3766
fleur

I almost forgot it since it has been years ago.
Old 26th November 2014, 18:43   #3767
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta

Click to enlarge.
It would be this pistol.

Old 29th November 2014, 06:31   #3768
huskspawned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skryingbreath View Post
This:
I also bought a mouse, but it's a wireless logitech in color pink
Old 6th December 2014, 21:53   #3769
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Primo 601118, a hidden-tank-style/bottom-loading water dispenser. This provides insanely hot water or ice-cold water whenever I'm thirsty at work. I had one of these things at my last job, but it wasn't mine, and I therefore lost it when I changed jobs. I missed having it available, so I bought one for this new job.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 19th December 2014, 04:15   #3770
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

In addition to the stereo mentioned in this post, I also recently bought Shy Jr. a new 7" Android tablet to replace her ageing and ailing Acer Iconia B1-A71. The new one is a CHUWI V17HD:

It cost 72 USD including delivery from China or Hong Kong. I also picked up a generic case-plus-keyboard, micro USB style so that she doesn't need to stuff about with Bluetooth.

The tablet arrived last week, and the keyboard/case arrived yesterday. I'm quite happy with both products, however... the tablet was advertised (and still is advertised) as having an HDMI-out port, however it does not have one. The manufacturer produced two versions of this tablet – one with HDMI-out and one with physical volume up/down buttons. I thought I was ordering the HDMI version (as the images on the product page show the HDMI port) however I have now learned that the HDMI versions have not been available since August.

It's not a deal-breaker, however I was looking forward to Shy Jr. being able to connect her tablet to our main TV and stream videos from the tablet, so it was pretty disappointing to receive the non-HDMI tablet. The seller isn't being too apologetic about it, blaming their failure to alert customers to the fact they can no longer provide the HDMI version on the website (Alibaba) not allowing changes to existing ads. They've offered me a 5 USD partial refund, and I'm pushing for 14 USD; if I can get 10 USB back, I'll be happy with that.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
Old 19th December 2014, 17:22   #3771
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-955-_-Product

Click to enlarge

Old 19th December 2014, 17:34   #3772
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Old 19th December 2014, 18:46   #3773
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Wide angle lens is wiiiiiide.

Old 25th December 2014, 07:27   #3774
sanufdutta16

I remember yesterday on Christmas eve bought a Beer and snacks!
Old 25th December 2014, 09:24   #3775
sgtfuzzbubble011

I have a Opteka 6.5mm fisheye lens for my camera. It's field of view is over 180 degrees, so it can actually see behind itself slightly. Not the best quality, but jesus christ is it wide. o_o
Old 2nd January 2015, 00:57   #3776
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Currently being shipped to us are these two:

Old 2nd January 2015, 17:47   #3777
InCUbuS-94

Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo white. With a black cover, because reasons.

It cannot rain forever
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:50   #3778
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Spent the last couple months building this British monarchy coin set.

http://imgur.com/a/mYzYs

I have from Queen Elizabeth II to Queen Anne; 12 monarchs in a row. I plan on going back as far as I can.

Old 3rd January 2015, 08:48   #3779
sgtfuzzbubble011

@jaz

Good choices.
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:45   #3780
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Being a Sega boy, I never had an N64 as a youngster. Today was my first attempt at playing 007 Goldeneye... and it was fun. Very tricky getting the hang of the controls, but that'll come with experience.

We briefly started a new Zelda OoT game on Christmas day (there was a 99%-complete savegame already on the cart when we bought it, but I promptly deleted it because I'm hardcore like that). Got through the Deku tree dungeons and talk-fest... it'll be good to get to whatever's next.

We had OoT on an N64 PC emulator in the States; we went through the whole game with the help of a walkthrough, but it's been so long that I don't remember the sequence of events, which is a good thing.

Old 3rd January 2015, 09:50   #3781
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
Spent the last couple months building this British monarchy coin set.

http://imgur.com/a/mYzYs

I have from Queen Elizabeth II to Queen Anne; 12 monarchs in a row. I plan on going back as far as I can.
The King George III from the 1700s seems to have stood up much better than its 1800s counterparts.

Is monarchic chronology a common collecting theme?

Old 3rd January 2015, 12:24   #3782
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

The George III one pence and two pence weren't spent a whole lot. They were huge, and weighed one and two ounces each, which was the primary point of them; they were used as weights for measurements. The two pence one I have was about $65 USD. A US coin of any date in the 1700s would've broken my bank.

As for collecting by monarch, don't see why it wouldn't be common. Easy enough to do, at any rate.

Regarding the gaming consoles, this is my history:

Atari 2600, NES, Game Boy, SNES, SEGA Genesis, Playstation, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita.

Old 4th January 2015, 12:18   #3783
sgtfuzzbubble011

My gf and my best friend pitched in together and bought me a Wii U for my birthday recently. I'll be setting it up soon, but I haven't had time to rearrange the TV stand to fit it in there yet. Going along with that, my latest purchases are:

Batman - Arkham City - Armored Edition
Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition
Dues Ex - Human Revolution - Director's Cut

There's a bunch more games I'll be getting soon (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, etc), but these were the least expensive at the moment, so I decided to snag them a few hours ago.

I also ordered this. Neewer NW-985C Camera Flash

I've never owned a dedicated flash unit for either of my cameras, and I've been wanting one for a long time. This one has a few good reviews and is a pretty good price for the features. I've never seen a flash with a color screen either, so that's cool. Hopefully it works well.
Old 8th January 2015, 08:56   #3784
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

This to replace this. I believe the term is order(s) or magnitude. All for 66 USD with free shipping.

When it arrives, we should be able to run Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, yay!

Old 11th January 2015, 09:47   #3785
sgtfuzzbubble011

Just got 2 Nintendo Wii U Pro Contollers (This, but from the Best Buy down the road since the price was the same.)

Mario Kart 8 (Had to buy at Target because Best Buy didn't have it in stock.)

Controllers are 'spensive. Mario Kart is fun, though!
Old 11th January 2015, 22:09   #3786
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Huh. So not all the Wii U controllers are those mini tablet looking things? And the old-school-looking ones are $58 a piece? Yikes.

Old 13th January 2015, 04:03   #3787
sgtfuzzbubble011

Yeah no, there's only one Gamepad (the big tablet controller) for each Wii U. Theoretically, the Wii U is powerful enough to support 2 Gamepads, but I don't know of anywhere to get a Gamepad outside of buying an entire Wii U system.

There's actually a lot of controller options for the Wii U. Along with the Gamepad, there is the Pro Controller (like the ones I linked above), there's the Wii Remote Plus (also backward compatible with the original Wii Remote), the Nunchuck that hooks up to the Wii Remote, the Wii Classic Controller (which plugs into the bottom of the Wii Remote just like the Nunchuck), the original GameCube Controller and its identical-but-new Smash Bros. Edition GameCube Controller (which require an adapter to plug into the USB ports on the Wii U), the GameCube WaveBird Wireless Controller (same thing, but wireless, even though you still have to plug the transceiver into the USB adapter, so it's not really wireless lol), and the various and sundry third party variations of all of those.

*whew*

So far, I love the Pro Controllers that I bought, with a couple minor gripes. I really wish they would have put the A B X Y buttons above the right thumbstick (like an XBox controller), and I wish the Z triggers were analog with full-press digital input like the old GameCube Controllers. Oh, and they should have made them matte instead of glossy. Damn fingerprint magnets, yo. Other than that, they're great. Awesome responsiveness. Nice shape. Easy to sync. From what I've read, great battery life as well. I had a little bit of a rough time swallowing the $108 bill for just a pair of controllers, but the quality is there. I'd thought about getting a couple third party contollers (probably NYKO), but I couldn't find any locally, and we had company coming over for food and games the next day. I did what I had to do. Not regretting it at all.
Old 13th January 2015, 05:05   #3788
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
This to replace this. I believe the term is order(s) or magnitude. All for 66 USD with free shipping.

When it arrives, we should be able to run Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, yay!
I just noticed that the new card uses PCIe 3.0 whereas the old (current) one uses PCIe 1.0, and I'm not sure what type of PCIe slot the motherboard has. Hopefully the card is somewhat backwards-compatible. I'm not familiar with this stuff. I did note on the product page, before buying, that it said something like "if your board has a PCIe slot, it will work."

There was also this image as part of the product page, suggesting the test board's PCIe slot was 1.1 and the card was compatible with that:

IMAGE TOO BIG FOR FORUM PAGES

Fingers crossed....

edit: Huzzah! Here's what I remembered seeing (attached). Now I'm wondering whether the motherboard's PCIe version will cause a bottleneck. I guess we'll see when the card arrives.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	130
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	51622  

Old 13th January 2015, 05:32   #3789
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Here are the current specs as reported by CPU-Z. I'd be happy to receive any feedback from techies.

http://goo.gl/W3ksLK

Old 13th January 2015, 18:28   #3790
Aminifu
Forum King

@iomegajaz,

In addition to the gpuBoss info attached, the GTX 750 Ti uses less power. It will not run at it's maximum speed with a PCIe 1.1 port, but it should still be better than what you had.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-47...rce-GTX-750-Ti

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 13th January 2015, 21:36   #3791
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
@iomegajaz,

In addition to the gpuBoss info attached, the GTX 750 Ti uses less power. It will not run at it's maximum speed with a PCIe 1.1 port, but it should still be better than what you had.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-47...rce-GTX-750-Ti
Thanks for the advice, and for showing me that website. I'll bookmark it for future use.

I wish that, rather than stating "This video card is compatible with all motherboards with PCI-E interface", they instead stated "This video card is compatible with all motherboards with PCI-E interface but will run like a dog on less than PCI-E 3.0". Ah well.

Old 14th January 2015, 16:39   #3792
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
... but will run like a dog on less than PCI-E 3.0".
PCI-E 3.0 has twice the data transfer speed of PCI-E 2.x and PCI-E 2.x has twice that of PCI-E 1.x. PCI-E 2.x is still fast enough for most things (due to other bottlenecks). For now, PCI-E 3.0 is like having a car that can go 200 mph but since there is usually a lot of slower traffic around, the speed can seldom be used.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 14th January 2015, 16:50   #3793
Supra107

Heroes of Might and Magic V with all expansions and Heroes of Might and Magic 1-4 Complete, which has HoMM1, 2, 3 and 4, 2 with the expansion, 3 with two expansions and 4 with two expansions. Nice addition to my little collection, also, I LOVE HoMM so that's some great stuff, also it didn't cost much really, the V was 34,99 (8,16 EUR, 9,58 USD) PLN and 1-4 was 32,49 PLN (7,58 EUR, 8,90 USD)
Old 18th January 2015, 06:44   #3794
sgtfuzzbubble011

Last purchased:

A Chick-N-Tater Melt Munchie Meal from Jack In The Box.

I'm stuffed.
Old 20th March 2015, 06:04   #3795
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

A hefty chunk of my recent purchases can be seen here and here.

Old 4th May 2015, 19:03   #3796
phoni

i bought a Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones from http://www.jukemania.com/ , it is one of my best buy this year.
Old 5th June 2015, 07:49   #3797
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
I got me some shoes!

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 5th June 2015, 14:26   #3798
ujay
Forum King

Well, a chap can only wear flip flops for so long ...

... good to see you're still on your feet
Old 7th June 2015, 18:26   #3799
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

AR Parrot 2.0 dronage
and
an Acer laptop I really likey♥
Old 8th June 2015, 16:01   #3800
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Chev! been too long man. You're only a week from your 15th forums birthday I noticed.

what do you intend to do with the drone?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions