Old 13th August 2015, 19:57   #1081
GorillaCat

5.666 patched, donno what build but you can find it here

http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2015, 21:27   #1082
StreetWalker

I have great news Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) is working perfectly in Windows 10 64-bit!

I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 tablet from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 64-bit,
and my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop to Windows 10 64-bit.

I am a vocalist using Winamp to play my backing tracks through a professional sound system.
Over the past year alone, I have done over 150 one-two hour shows and Winamp hasn't once missed a beat in Windows 8.1 running on the Surface Pro 3 tablet.

Since installing Windows 10, I have done 3 more shows this week and Winamp is working perfectly and not skipping a beat!

In addition, I have used Winamp since the 90's as a music player. In June 2003 I started using Winamp to play backing tracks as an entertainment vocalist and I estimate over 2000 hours of total playing time with very few problems. So that's about 15 years under Window XP, 2007, 8.1 and now Windows 10.

BTW Windows 10 is the best version of Windows hands down! I didn't say it's perfect! LOL

At home, I use my Surface Pro 3 as my primary PC in a docking station with two 24" 1080p touch-screen external monitors and the 12" Surface touch-screen. So far all my applications running in Windows 10 are working as expected including Office 365 and Quicken Home & Business and much more.
StreetWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2015, 22:35   #1083
musicf8
Major Dude

i'm pretty sure all versions of winamp would work fine in Windows 10. It's when you get to plug-ins that might cause issue.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 00:14   #1084
Nurio

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
i'm pretty sure all versions of winamp would work fine in Windows 10. It's when you get to plug-ins that might cause issue.
Yep. For example, there has actually always been one plugin I used. It's the Win 7 Taskbar integration plugin that made Winamp work better with Windows 7 (and 8)'s taskbar.
While it still works in Windows 10, I can't properly pin Winamp to the taskbar anymore because of it. When I pin it, a Winamp icon does get pinned to the taskbar, but it's not seen as the same instance of Winamp that is currently running. ...If that makes sense.
Nurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 00:23   #1085
StreetWalker

My Winamp on the taskbar work correctly. Maybe you should reinstall Winamp.
Old 15th August 2015, 00:43   #1086
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurio View Post
Yep. For example, there has actually always been one plugin I used. It's the Win 7 Taskbar integration plugin that made Winamp work better with Windows 7 (and 8)'s taskbar.
While it still works in Windows 10, I can't properly pin Winamp to the taskbar anymore because of it. When I pin it, a Winamp icon does get pinned to the taskbar, but it's not seen as the same instance of Winamp that is currently running. ...If that makes sense.
i think I had that issue and i just unpinned it then repinned it, and it worked fine in my Win10

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
Old 15th August 2015, 03:55   #1087
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
Don't mind the Garbage thats after the song info, I think it's an issue with the cpro2- Winamp for Mac Sync skin and doesn't show up in cpro bento or other skins.

Looks like you have the same issue I have.
To my knowledge the development has fizzled out, as I haven't seen any response in either forums since I've posted that thread.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 04:04   #1088
Nurio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWalker View Post
My Winamp on the taskbar work correctly. Maybe you should reinstall Winamp.
Yes, but do you have the Winamp 7 taskbar integration plugin? I did say that specific plugin caused the glitch. So if you don't have it, of course you won't have the glitch.
EDIT: Also, it's a completely clean install on a completely clean Windows 10. I don't think a reinstall would fix it.

Quote:
i think I had that issue and i just unpinned it then repinned it, and it worked fine in my Win10
I've pinned and unpinned the program so many times. Both when it is running and when it isn't. Never solved anything. Are you running the plugin too?
Nurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 05:24   #1089
StreetWalker

I think the key is to pin it only an "odd" number of times! lol
Old 15th August 2015, 15:39   #1090
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11ectis View Post

Looks like you have the same issue I have.
To my knowledge the development has fizzled out, as I haven't seen any response in either forums since I've posted that thread.
Oh so it not just me. Shame no ones continuing development on it, it's a nice simple dark skin. Weird thing though, the issue got a bit worse in Windows 10 if I remember correctly. If I knew how to code in whatever language it's written in I'd fix it my self, but not redistribute without permission(that'd be bad).

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 04:51   #1091
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
Oh so it not just me. Shame no ones continuing development on it, it's a nice simple dark skin.
Yeah, I still use it and learned to unfortunately live with the text bug. It's too bad it never got fixed. The dev kinda seemed to have known what the issue was.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 19:12   #1092
JeffreyChao284

I know people who are working on the Android Version might have already left Winamp and have gone to it's next Competitor "PowerAmp" which is where everyone might be going to due to some Code used by WinAmp have been used into PowerAmp itself, including some File Formats, but some apps like Google Music and Samsung Music(Stock App with Samsung KNOX and it's Phones) don't have these type of features and if played on Samsung Music Stock App, it might lock the files via the Hidden KNOX Container,

I think it is bad that WinAmp has basically not been recovered since it's Discontinuation of the App, and the only focus now is on Windows 10, that is, not Android, not Older Windows Versions, it is something that disappoints me about this.
JeffreyChao284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 14:17   #1093
lostinsound

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've pinned and unpinned the program so many times. Both when it is running and when it isn't. Never solved anything. Are you running the plugin too?
I have the same issue. I've tried unpinning and repinning a bunch of times too and nothing seems to work. I've pretty much given up on it.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 14:47   #1094
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Currently running Winamp on a Windows 10 box with no issues whatsoever, It's playing my stream as it should.

I think It's a Microsoft problem the not being able to unpin/pin things to the taskbar.

I guess these issues will eventually iron themselves out seeing as Windows 10 is technically a new OS.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 people say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 21:43   #1095
Thermaltake

I have small issue on Win 10, when fast clicking on WAV files to listen he automatically enqueue to playlist that WAV file that I click on and not play him instead.
Thermaltake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 09:44   #1096
Xaser

Please don't beat me to death but...

I just skimmed through the last 3 pages and from what I understand there isn't going to be a new version of winamp - ever? Because if that's so I'm going to do what I had in mind doing since winamp got sold - setup an open-source media player project.. not trying to sound like an asshole here but in that time we probably could have got to an alpha stage already with 2-3 core part time devs... I'm not trying to dis the devs who have put so much effort in winamp but winamp seems to be a very old (and probably not well coded) codebase and that is just very time consuming to maintain and stuff. sometimes its better to start from scratch.

I will continue to use Winamp until it doesn't work anymore, but then again some of the pro/con arguments for/against winamp I have read in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 10:02   #1097
the SASS Man

Xaser, Radionomy recently put out an email that Winamp IS under development, and should be out sometime in 2016. So...keep holding your breath, like the rest of us have to. Maybe we won't all suffocate and die in the meanwhile......

</Snark>

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 10:07   #1098
Xaser

Ah ok - all the better
Old 18th August 2015, 11:52   #1099
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
Because if that's so I'm going to do what I had in mind doing since winamp got sold - setup an open-source media player project.. not trying to sound like an asshole here but in that time we probably could have got to an alpha stage already with 2-3 core part time devs...
which is what you should have done as I'm pretty sure was said to do if you weren't happy (or just take one of the many existing Winamp clones and base things from that). or do the easier option and replace specific plug-ins as a starting point instead of trying to re-write a whole player and evolve things from there...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 12:04   #1100
Xaser

but I wasn't unhappy with anything in winamp.. well it has its few flaws but nothing I would actually put work in to fix it... I'm just looking at the future and if winamp wasn't developed further, there eventually would be the point at which it wouldn't function anymore at all.
Old 18th August 2015, 20:31   #1101
DrO

that's not how it came across in the quoted post. and tbh, i've not seen anyone out there attempt to do just that (*) which means no one cares or no one can be bothered or there's just no demand for it (as something that uses Winamp skins in HTML5/Javascript doesn't count as a 1:1 alternative in my books).

though it probably doesn't matter with all of those still sticking with or even down-grading to 2.x (just like one uninstall email I saw via support today).

(*) despite many calling for it, so it's most likely non-coders that are wanting it and so is no wonder nothing has been done.
Old 19th August 2015, 00:21   #1102
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
XMPlay is the only other player I bother with in Windows, as it is modular enough to make a reasonable Winamp clone, rather than just use a skin to look like it (although you can).
It supports Winamp plugins that do not "need" Winamp, and has a large catalogue of useful native plugins.

However once you open the media library (in any media program) all comparison ends, and you appreciate the effort put into making Winamp the best music manager, as well as a player.

My worry for the next Winamp is nothing to do with core functionality, but whether the new version will try to re-invent the media library, and make the same mistake that Last.fm just have.
I have no wish to be impressed by how shiny my music looks when it takes up more space.
Modern music players seem to forget they are required to play audio in the background, with as little CPU usage as possible.
They also try to put the whole experience into 1 box, whereas with old-school programs we have individual windows for the components of the program, allowing more desktop space, and flexibility with multi-monitor setups.
As a radio presenter, the Winamp Bento skin is useless for me, as I have to move the whole player or keep hiding the media library and playlist.
With modular skins I can have the actual player and playlist always visible on the main monitor, and the media lib open on the other.

In short I simply pray that Radionomy are not going to try and "streamline" Winamp into a new spotify or iTunes

Mashups ? Smells like a lot of "Fishy Business" to me.
Visit my label at www.last.fm/label/Fishy+Business for musical education.
Dr.Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 00:39   #1103
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Flay View Post
whether the new version will try to re-invent the media library
If they change the media library, I pray is not like the blocky "cover art" style that other players have. Having them as a list is much easier (for me at least), because majority of my music library doesn't have cover art (nor would I be able to read the cover art) and the album title or artist gets cut off since the maximum length is usually the size of the cover art shown.

One of my biggest annoyances when using Google Music.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 21st August 2015, 17:07   #1104
sireast

winamp-MAD

heard this version can decode(/encode ??) up to 600kbps of mp3 format?

if this is true, I want this.
sireast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 17:23   #1105
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireast View Post
heard this version can decode(/encode ??) up to 600kbps of mp3 format?

if this is true, I want this.
mp3 maximum is 320 Kbps. There's a mp3 HD format that can encode your music to lossless which is about 600+ kbps and is backwards compatible with mp3 players, but to my knowledge it's essentiall unsupported nowadays and you're limited to about 20 minutes max. You're best to rip it to FLAC or similar and transcode to mp3 when needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3HD

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 23rd August 2015, 08:55   #1106
Angelo9832
Banned

Funny things

That's very funny. The Winamp colors were always those, but for a while, they look like really Belgian.
Angelo9832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 00:12   #1107
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
It´s funny how Winamp colors were always those, but suddenly they look like really belgian..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo9832 View Post
That's very funny. The Winamp colors were always those, but for a while, they look like really Belgian.
Is it me or a machine is mocking me?
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 00:16   #1108
DrO

could just be... at least it's not a re-quote from a decade ago (which is scary if you then recognise you're own post from that time by a bot).
Old 24th August 2015, 00:36   #1109
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

That phrase kind of stick with me 'cause nobody seemed to reply on line with it (I recognize there were other more flashy things happening then hehe..).
The wording do called my attention 'cause I remembered saying something similar, though it's not strange since english is not my native languague and every word has a brain-travel before arriving the post.

Thread related comment: When is Winamp 6 coming out?
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 05:44   #1110
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Thread related comment: When is Winamp 6 coming out?
It will be the year of the 6's? Winamp 6, in 2016, and it's an x86-64 program?

I kid of course about the 64-bit part, but I kind of would expect the new version to be 'version 6' because there's be a lot of changes due to the new owners.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 25th August 2015, 06:52   #1111
JasonFriday13
Major Dude

Quote:
mp3 maximum is 320 Kbps. There's a mp3 HD format that can encode your music to lossless which is about 600+ kbps and is backwards compatible with mp3 players, but to my knowledge it's essentiall unsupported nowadays and you're limited to about 20 minutes max. You're best to rip it to FLAC or similar and transcode to mp3 when needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3HD
Yeah, but mp3's are so late 90's. FLAC is the way for lossless, or use a more modern lossy codec. I prefer Vorbis at the moment, but when I upgrade my phone I'll switch to Opus and lower the bitrate (160 vs 128). AAC is also a reasonable format.

"Only a MouseHelmet will save you from a MouseTrap" -Jason Ross (Me)
NSIS 3 POSIX Ninja
Wiki Profile
JasonFriday13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:27   #1112
dynamicradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by the SASS Man View Post
Xaser, Radionomy recently put out an email that Winamp IS under development, and should be out sometime in 2016. So...keep holding your breath, like the rest of us have to. Maybe we won't all suffocate and die in the meanwhile......

</Snark>
When was the email sent as I've received emails in the past but never this specific email.

If Winamp is being planned for a 2016 release I'm surprised there is no mention of this on the site, twitter, facebook etc. and actually close to the top on Twitter is a tweet stating 2015 will be the year of the Llama.

I'm not here to offend the devs or anyone. People like DrO have been posting as much as they can and are probably sick of the same questions being asked - when is it going to be released etc. It does however seem to me like Radionomy hasn't handled this as well as they could and could avoid people asking the same questions by keeping people updated
dynamicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:47   #1113
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicradio View Post
..It does however seem to me like Radionomy hasn't handled this as well as they could and could avoid people asking the same questions by keeping people updated
Amen brother.

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1038

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 20:07   #1114
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicradio View Post
I'm not here to offend the devs or anyone. People like DrO have been posting as much as they can and are probably sick of the same questions being asked - when is it going to be released etc. It does however seem to me like Radionomy hasn't handled this as well as they could and could avoid people asking the same questions by keeping people updated
Or at least update the site with information.... "there's more coming soon" is pretty much a lie.

imo, Winamp is at the bottom of the list for Radionomy, that's why there hasn't been any updates on anything (software or site), and it's going to stay like that because radionomy is primarily a music streaming service, not a desktop software developer.

It is what it is, and I think it's best people just accept it for what it is because there's no point otherwise.

/2cents

(tbh, I think the forums are mostly staying up for the shoutcast portion and eventually I can see it be shutdown eventually and forwarded to some radionomy support forum.)

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 27th August 2015, 20:39   #1115
dynamicradio

Quote:
Or at least update the site with information.... "there's more coming soon" is pretty much a lie.

imo, Winamp is at the bottom of the list for Radionomy, that's why there hasn't been any updates on anything (software or site), and it's going to stay like that because radionomy is primarily a music streaming service, not a desktop software developer.

It is what it is, and I think it's best people just accept it for what it is because there's no point otherwise.

/2cents

(tbh, I think the forums are mostly staying up for the shoutcast portion and eventually I can see it be shutdown eventually and forwarded to some radionomy support forum.)
Yeah I check the homepage sometimes once a month and I'm surprised that nothing has been included. It looks like Radionomy was interested in SHOUTcast possibly to use or to get rid of competition and bought Winamp due to this.

I'd rather they sold it to someone else or even made it open sourced with all the copyrighted materials removed if they don't plan to use it
dynamicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 22:02   #1116
DrO

Quote:
tbh, I think the forums are mostly staying up for the shoutcast portion and eventually I can see it be shutdown eventually and forwarded to some radionomy support forum.
most usage on here isn't related to SHOUTcast (which is generally dealt with via other channels) so this place still being around is primarily for Winamp's sake. as such, it's highly unlikely to happen as you suggest especially as the Radionomy support board isn't at all oriented for such matters re: Winamp and all of the legacy knowledge that is present on here isn't something that would be willingly given up on. (plus i'm sure there's enough traffic still to pay the bills and that fun to just leave it ticking along).
Old 28th August 2015, 00:28   #1117
themadproducer

Waveform Seeker

Does anyone use the Waveform Seeker plugin (gen-waveseek) without it crashing? (usually after exiting Winamp when using MP3s) I have Winamp v5.666 b3516 and have tried b3512.
themadproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 00:30   #1118
DrO

see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=335345
Old 28th August 2015, 00:31   #1119
djpete
Major Dude

To be clear re the email thing.
There has been no"official release" email.

BUT there was a reply from a member of our group who emailed them.
I also emailed them asking what is happening and got the exact same piped answer.

The specific wording can be found here
http://winampenthusiasts.com/whats-h...g-with-winamp/

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 01:22   #1120
djpete
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadproducer View Post
Does anyone use the Waveform Seeker plugin (gen-waveseek) without it crashing? (usually after exiting Winamp when using MP3s) I have Winamp v5.666 b3516 and have tried b3512.
He does state that there is a crash issue with the default mp3 decoder on his page.
https://github.com/gargaj/gen-waveseek
It doesn't crash for me because I use Shibatch mpg123 decoder.
You can find that here
http://otachan.com/in_!mpg123.html

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion