what taylor said
EnDurA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 10:29   #42
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Send a message via Yahoo to apola_anamisha
Quote:
Originally posted by taylormemer
Hmmmmm?? NO! And atleast they write their own lyrics.....where as boy-bands need writer to do it for them, same goes for pop singers, like Britney.
Ok ok, I can tell the the rock artists are good writer...........but not singer
Look out for pop artist if you want pure a genuine singers

(Btw, thats the reason I like Pink Floyd not as much as I love boy-bands..........but ummm they are ok)

All pop music is good music but all good music isn't pop music
Wanna know more about pop music or my boy-bands?
Westlife / Backstreet Boys / Savage Garden / NSync / Michael Learns to Rock
apola_anamisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 10:39   #43
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by apola_anamisha

Look out for pop artist if you want pure a genuine singers
have you ever noticed that boy bands and someone like britney sound on stage exectly the same as on a cd??????

no matter what you say to us apola- the only thing "live" with this shit is the yelling of young stupid girls who think they can sing.

everything else you hear is pre-recorded in the studio - if they are fortuned there is one member of them who can actualy sing a few things "live" the rest of them are there for one reason only

look good and jump around like a bunch of monkeys ( excuses to the monkeys in the world for comparing them to lipssinc groups)

I can let you listen to 5 different recording of a Neil Young track called - Powderfinger.( that are all "live recordings")
bet you can't do the same with any of these boy band clowns

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 12:44   #44
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

I wonder spaceplay.......... I thought you can't see what I type.

Again I've got original songs of Westlife & the DVD "Coast to coast love story 2001" where they performed some songs live........and they do sound different.
Anybody can check that.

Old 4th December 2003, 12:45   #45
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
I reakon they mime.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 15:39   #46
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Of course they mime! The music's fake, the singing's fake, everything about them's fake.

Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

Did I mention they're fake?

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 15:47   #47
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cylob
Of course they mime! The music's fake, the singing's fake, everything about them's fake.

Brick by Fake, now that one was a good song
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2003, 15:50   #48
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Quote:
Originally posted by Cylob

Can you show me any reason?

Last edited by apola_anamisha; 4th December 2003 at 16:17.
Old 4th December 2003, 16:34   #49
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Yes, I have videotaped evidence that they mime their shows. This is what they actually sing:

Pre-teen girl, you are such a fool
Giving us your pocket money, spreading word around school
We're just pretty faces with no talent at all
Yet still you fall for it, you think we're cool

Chorus

bla bla bla, bla bla bla, bla bla bla

Money for old rope apola. Like I said, it's never too late to become an electro chick.

Old 4th December 2003, 17:14   #50
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Lol Cylob thats not bad.Try, try, I can see your bright future......
But boy-bands do have talents.........too bad you don't have the talent(!) to see or understand.

Electrochick?May God save me (and you all) from that.

Last edited by apola_anamisha; 4th December 2003 at 17:32.
Old 4th December 2003, 18:15   #51
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Each to their own. Thank god I was born with good taste.

Speaking of which...

Old 4th December 2003, 23:25   #52
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
[list=1][*]They do not compose their own music or play instruments[*]Their lyrics are completely meaningless, and quite frankly, retarded[*]Their vocals go through extensive alteration with the mixing board[*]They do not care about the integrity of music, only the bottom line[*]They bend at the will of the record company to satisfy their own greed without even considering the social chasm they have created among today's youth[/list=1]
The boy "bands" of the world are the primary contributors to the degredation of music into a state that is completely unsalvageable.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2003, 05:33   #53
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Well well well......here is my answer.
1.How many times do I need to say that they are singer not music composer.The main aspect to judge them should be how they sing not do they compose music,write lyrics or not.
2.Boybands lyrics are meaningless!!!!Tell me one thing honestly,how many boy-bands songs have you heard?I bet not much.Thats why you don’t know.Anyone who's aware of pop music knows how deep the lyrics are.Its not good to comment 'bout something without knowing much 'bout it.
3.Talking 'bout vocals.Boy-bands are master of vocals.They do a lot of experimeants with vocals.Sometimes they sing without much instrumeant, sometimes they go off track and sing lil fast songs.But vocals are the main mean of mucsic.They always give priority to vocal &this priority shows.While listening to any boy-band songs you can easily notice how the vocals are working not how the instruments are(which is true for most of instrumeantals).
4.If someone cares 'bout music that's pop & boy-bands.But as you guys don't listen to much pop songs, I won't blame you .Its natural that you don't know.
5.They don't depend on record company or music industry; the music industry depends on them. And yaw its true that they have lot's of influence in the young generation but its not their headache too. Actually they never try to influence the youth, its again the music industry or the record company, who tries. So you can't blame boy-bands, its not intentional. And its to a question of blaming at all.The young generation is happy to be boy-band fan.

You just can't ignore the contribution of boy-bands in music world.Though the music idustry depends on them for financial reasons that’s not the fact...........the fact is what boy-bands or pop stars produce is pure music.

Old 5th December 2003, 05:40   #54
EnDurA
Major Dude

Quote:
Ok ok, I can tell the the rock artists are good writer...........but not singer
have you heard Sunsets by Powder Finger? If that isn't good singing i'll lick donkey's balls on national TV.

Boy Bands have made a contribution???? ...

W.T.F??
name one, oh, besides spawning a race of teeniw boppers who will spell the apocalipse.
Old 5th December 2003, 05:52   #55
Namelessv1
Forum King

It's not a contribution, it's a disease. They have the opportunity to do something with the position they're in, yet they do nothing by gather money without any thought to as their means. They completely lack politcal and social consciousness. Whether or not they wanted it, when you are in that position, you must take responsibility.

It is an insult to even refer to any of them as "bands." They do not compose their own music, play their own instruments, or write their own lyrics. They don't even give credit to the people who actually do write their music for them. They are the leeches of the music world. Pop songs are all the same. Completely meaningless lyrics. How can even call them meaningful if they're not even written by the "singers" themselves? It's the same formula with different names and slightly different faces. It is a far cry from anything remotely musically artistic.

The music industry owns them. When they become useless, they are thrown away. Ever heard of "New Kids on the Block?" Why the hell do you think they're so willing to sign record contracts in which they're paid a miniscule percentage? Why aren't they're any indie boy "bands?" They're the ultimate epitome of corporatism. It isn't about the music. It isn't about the fans. To them, it's only about the money.
Old 5th December 2003, 05:53   #56
Namelessv1
Forum King

[edit]delete this post[/edit]
Old 5th December 2003, 06:17   #57
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
Quote:
Yes I can acctually.
Why is it that a rock ban, live, will not sound like the cd? And that a boy-band or pop artist will sound exactly the same as the cd?? Well its obvious they mime.

Quote:
Well well well......here is my answer.
1.How many times do I need to say that they are singer not music composer.The main aspect to judge them should be how they sing not do they compose music,write lyrics or not.
2.Boybands lyrics are meaningless!!!!Tell me one thing honestly,how many boy-bands songs have you heard?I bet not much.Thats why you don’t know.Anyone who's aware of pop music knows how deep the lyrics are.Its not good to comment 'bout something without knowing much 'bout it.
3.Talking 'bout vocals.Boy-bands are master of vocals.They do a lot of experimeants with vocals.Sometimes they sing without much instrumeant, sometimes they go off track and sing lil fast songs.But vocals are the main mean of mucsic.They always give priority to vocal &this priority shows.While listening to any boy-band songs you can easily notice how the vocals are working not how the instruments are(which is true for most of instrumeantals).
4.If someone cares 'bout music that's pop & boy-bands.But as you guys don't listen to much pop songs, I won't blame you .Its natural that you don't know.
5.They don't depend on record company or music industry; the music industry depends on them. And yaw its true that they have lot's of influence in the young generation but its not their headache too. Actually they never try to influence the youth, its again the music industry or the record company, who tries. So you can't blame boy-bands, its not intentional. And its to a question of blaming at all.The young generation is happy to be boy-band fan.

You just can't ignore the contribution of boy-bands in music world.Though the music idustry depends on them for financial reasons that’s not the fact...........the fact is what boy-bands or pop stars produce is pure music.
Well here is my answer.
1: Quite frankly I dont believe they can sing.
2: All their lyrics are about how they lost the girlfriends and alll this love shit, they are wooses, and they don't even write the lyrics.
3: They do'nt experiment, all that is done is that they mix in a few filters and equlize their voices, and thats a fact. And they don't even know how to mix their own music. Many rock bands have members that help out in the mixing, filtering and equalizing. And when you say vocals are the main meaning of music well, did you ever see Beethovens syphonies with vocals??? NO! Vocals arent the main meaning of music.
4: Well I dont know what your talking about there.
5: Finally. Now they depend on eachother, and it is very intentional to influence the young, they know that they wont influence the older so they go for the younger, and the younger are more nieve, so they will ask their parent to buy them these pointless CD's. And when they look back they will think why did I ever bother with that shitty music.

Apola, you are still living in the past, You still live your childhood....grow up.

Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

Old 5th December 2003, 07:14   #58
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Well said all. Well said. If someone had bought apola a Rage Against the Machine album at the age of 10 it would never have happened.

Lambhop:

Old 5th December 2003, 07:18   #59
taylormemer
(Forum King)

Murderdolls

Old 5th December 2003, 07:47   #60
sidd
Major Dude

"The cruel irony of making a brilliant record is that the whole world will never hear it."

The single best thing ive heard all year.
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2003, 07:51   #61
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

I have the album (plus a bucket of b-sides, demos and live material). All I need is time....

Old 5th December 2003, 08:15   #62
sidd
Major Dude

boo hoo.. i cant find any live stuff
Old 5th December 2003, 08:45   #63
EnDurA
Major Dude

Powder Finger - Vulture Street
[insert picture here]

Chille Pepper's "The Best Of" Album
[again, when i'm bothered to find a pic]
Old 5th December 2003, 10:50   #64
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

[not a reply]I could have told something against all the points you all made against boy-bands........but I don't have that much time now.........next time[/not a reply]

Last edited by apola_anamisha; 5th December 2003 at 13:03.
Old 5th December 2003, 10:56   #65
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
[not a reply]I could have told something against all the points you all made against boy-bands........but if I don't have that much time now.........next time[/not a reply]
how about you look into other kinds of music and than make the reply!!!!

you don't have anything else to compare to.

FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
Old 5th December 2003, 13:12   #66
sidd
Major Dude

yah yah... apola should at least TRY to get into other forms of music. Trust me, if you are looking for shity shity music, there is more than just boy-bands out there..
Old 5th December 2003, 16:15   #67
zootm
Forum King

britney spears - like most pop acts - doesn't sing at her gigs. look at the way her hair bounces off of the mic as she dances. she admits she doesn't sing. it's just a show, only entertainment. people aren't there to see her sing - they're there to see her, and a carefully-scripted stageshow. as such, i don't think pop shows can be classed as musical performances. they're just plays - scripted entertainment.

as for their music, my flatmate applauds the professionalism of some of the writing (he knows a lot about composition and things like that), but in general, it's just rubbish, and basically all the same. example - the Boy Band Key Change. take a boy band ballad song, just any will do. at the end, they will sing the chorus twice, and the second time it will be a semitone higher. every single time. have these people no shame?!

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2003, 16:27   #68
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
have these people no shame?!
Nope. They're just ego's with arms and legs attached....

Old 6th December 2003, 01:50   #69
EnDurA
Major Dude

Quote:
Trust me, if you are looking for shity shity music, there is more than just boy-bands out there..
*mumbles something about rap and hip hop*
Old 6th December 2003, 02:27   #70
sidd
Major Dude

Quote:
*mumbles something about rap and hip hop*
bah, categorise under "boy-bands"
Old 6th December 2003, 05:32   #71
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Quote:
Originally posted by siddhartha_one
bah, categorise under "boy-bands"
Noooooooooooooo
You can't insult boy-bands in this way

Old 6th December 2003, 05:39   #72
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
Noooooooooooooo
You can't insult boy-bands in this way
It's impossible to insult boy "bands;" it'd be like piling crap onto an already existing pile of crap.
Old 6th December 2003, 07:31   #73
xenosomething
Major Dude

all this boy-band bashing is just about the only thing i've ever agreed with in the music forum.

.........?.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 07:33   #74
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I'm sure if we tallied up all the boy-band bashing posts here in the Music O'Rama section, we'd have enough to out-number all political debates going on in Breaking News...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 09:27   #75
Triton4
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
I'm sure if we tallied up all the boy-band bashing posts here in the Music O'Rama section, we'd have enough to out-number all political debates going on in Breaking News...
Yeah...my thoughts exactly. Practically every thread here is getting derailed due to this boyband-ish nonsense!
Triton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2003, 12:42   #76
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Ok ok no more Boy-bands here

Year 2003 is entirely the year of Justin Timberlake. After NSync, he’s just not showing any sign of slowing down. The night of MTV Music Award 2003(Nov 6) was only the Justin Timberlake’s night.
He got awards for best album for Justified, best male artist and best pop artist. He was also nominated for the best new artist; in fact it is the only category where he lost..........but it doesn't mater 'cause we can't call him a newcomer!

It’s rare to find that after break-up a member of boy-bands do well (at least if you compare with that band's performances) as a solo singer (I can give lot's of examples).........but he's just change that tradition.
Good job Justin. Keep it up.
We are proud of you.

Old 6th December 2003, 13:17   #77
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Ok ok no more Boy-bands here

Good job Justin. Keep it up.
We are proud of you.
why do I feel the first line is lying

and for the second line please apola don't include us .

this second hand jumping monkey isn't something to be proud of ( execpt if you think of him as a monkey in that case he has learned a few tricks )

FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
Old 6th December 2003, 13:45   #78
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Tell me one thing honestly, am I seriously in your ignore list?

And I talked 'bout Justin Timberlake not a boy-band r even "x"boy-band(NSync).....so why are you confused?

Finally Justin Timberlake is a teleneted artist.......so anyone can be proud of him.......if you only listen to his debut album Justified.......you can see that.But I'm sure you haven't lsiten to that albums(I can bet)......so you have no right to tell something against him.

Again I wanna tell..... I didn't talk 'bout boy-bands here......only Justin.

Old 6th December 2003, 13:57   #79
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

answers to apola

no you were on for a week but i missed the teasing

second question have i listened to justified yes.

so I do have a right to say the boy is a jumping monkey who cant sing

YES

btw - former boy (jumping monkeys) lips sinc groups are the same curse on the music as the groups are.

FORUMRULES
WINAMP
SHOUTCAST
Old 6th December 2003, 15:17   #80
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

You should be on the judge’s panel of MTV Music Award ,spaceplay..........if you really think so.Cause all the people present there will not agree with you.......not at all.

Justin deserves that.........he’s really a talented artist all those reorganizations he’s got........those are well deserved.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama