Old 12th June 2014, 11:51   #1
arisutan

Jump function doesn't seem to work like it should

I have a number of very large playlists and sometimes I feel like listening to a certain track within the playlist. the keyboard shortcut is supposed to be just 'j' within a playlist, right? When i press j, it just highlights the first track in the playlist..I've tried combinations with alt and shift and ctrl as well but nothing seems to make it happen..
I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest version since I recently downloaded the setup on the site at the moment, but here's my version anyway https://www.dropbox.com/s/utmztjky1i...2012.47.55.png

any help would be really appreciated!
arisutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 12:24   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

When I press "J", the currently selected item in the playlist is highlighted at the bottom of the list of items (from the playlist) shown in the jump to file window.

Are you using the patched .dll file (link below)?

http://winampplugins.co.uk/jtfe.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 12:25   #3
DrO

based on your other thread, you have the patches required (unless anything has changed since).

yes it will only work in the 'main' playlist editor, not the media library playlist views.

maybe something is blocking the 'J' action from working and F3 can be tried alternatively. if that still doesn't work, maybe the window is appearing off-screen (which shouldn't happen) or you've got some sort of anti-virus which is blocking how the plug-in which handles the feature works (which has been known) or you've got a custom Windows theme installed which is also known to break how it works in some cases.

[edit]
i typed too much and Aminifu beat me to reply
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 09:51   #4
arisutan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
based on your other thread, you have the patches required (unless anything has changed since).

yes it will only work in the 'main' playlist editor, not the media library playlist views.

maybe something is blocking the 'J' action from working and F3 can be tried alternatively. if that still doesn't work, maybe the window is appearing off-screen (which shouldn't happen) or you've got some sort of anti-virus which is blocking how the plug-in which handles the feature works (which has been known) or you've got a custom Windows theme installed which is also known to break how it works in some cases.

[edit]
i typed too much and Aminifu beat me to reply
ah!!! i see!! it only works if i have the right section of the window in focus..thanks!!!! it's not clear where you need to be for it to work hehe
arisutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
file, function, jump, jump to file, playlist