Old 23rd November 2004, 05:25   #1
peaceofcake

time restorer for videos

It would be cool to have a button that would store the playing position for a media file while something else is being played. The only comparison I can think of is a VHS tape.

Could the Time Restore and Autoplay plugin be extended with this feature?
peaceofcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2004, 12:52   #2
DrO

i thought it might do it already since it should force playback to whatever the last file was and afaik videos adhere to this as well. if not then i can try to look into it (though for some if the video doesn't allow proper seeking then it won't restore the position anyway)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 19:04   #3
peaceofcake

Actually what I'm thinking of is pausing the video to allow other fils to be played back without loosing your place. Not saving the place while winamp is shut down, just while playing songs. For now though I can always just open a new instance of winamp. If your unsure if it would be reliable for all video types, maybe append the seek position to the title in the playlist editor, then the user can just manually go to the position.
peaceofcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 19:08   #4
DrO

ah, basically position bookmarking for the file. i have thought about doing that eventually when i get to work again on my repeater plugin. as for adding it to this plugin i don't think i will since i want to keep it small and targetted but i see what you mean now

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion