Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Old 17th December 2004, 11:03   #1
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Holy Shit: Amber Alert Issued For Stolen Fetus!

This might just be the weirdest story of the year...

(CNN) -- The U.S. state of Missouri has warned authorities to be on the alert after a fetus was cut from the womb of a homicide victim in the town of Skidmore, the Nodaway County Sheriff's Department has said.

Authorities say Bobbi Jo Stinnett was killed around 3 p.m. (4 p.m. ET) and "the unborn child was removed from her body by the person or persons who committed the crime."

"The victim was eight months pregnant at the time of her death and medical personnel indicate that the child may be viable."

The subject of the search is described as "an 8-month-old white female fetus."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/17/mis...tus/index.html

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 11:56   #2
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

Thought this was fake until I went to CNN and found it myself...fucking crazy and sick bastards

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 14:27   #3
mysterious_w
Forum King

That is really sick...

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 18:56   #4
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
umm...damn...that's uh kind of sick

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 18:58   #5
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

What the... there really is no words to describe this whole thing.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 19:07   #6
grumpyBB

Send a message via AIM to grumpyBB
It's disgusting.
grumpyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 19:17   #7
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

*after reading the link*

That poor husband. And I can't even begin to imagine what the woman's mom must be going through as she was the one to find her.
Old 17th December 2004, 19:30   #8
grumpyBB

What I find amazing about this is that so many of the people that are so up in arms about this are people that are pro-choice for abortion. WTF? According to them, isn't this just a lifeless fetus that has no value?
Old 17th December 2004, 19:34   #9
electricmime
Major Dude

from the abortion thread, i got the impression that most of the pro-choicers felt that it becomes a human life around month 5, and since this was at month 8.. then under their logic, this wouldnt be a lifeless fetus

i realize im speaking for them.. but i dont think anyone is arguing that abortions should be allowed at 8 months...

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 19:42   #10
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by electricmime
from the abortion thread, i got the impression that most of the pro-choicers felt that it becomes a human life around month 5, and since this was at month 8.. then under their logic, this wouldnt be a lifeless fetus

i realize im speaking for them.. but i dont think anyone is arguing that abortions should be allowed at 8 months...
Correct.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 19:57   #11
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Did someone let Charlie Manson out?

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 21:50   #12
Mattress
Forum King

technically once the child comes out of the womb (via birth or c-section, or by some other means) it ceases being a fetus and is considered a baby. I don't understand why they used the word fetus instead of baby?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 21:56   #13
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
technically once the child comes out of the womb (via birth or c-section, or by some other means) it ceases being a fetus and is considered a baby. I don't understand why they used the word fetus instead of baby?
'cuz it was a fetus when it was stolen.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 21:57   #14
grumpyBB

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
I don't understand why they used the word fetus instead of baby?
Becuase that's the double standard of pro-abortionists. Now that they've found the baby alive they're calling it a baby, but until now they've been calling it a fetus. If they had found it dead would they still be calling it a baby or a fetus?
Old 17th December 2004, 22:05   #15
Mattress
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
'cuz it was a fetus when it was stolen.
maybe, though technically it wasn't stolen until it was removed, but in either case they weren't looking for the baby/fetus before it was removed from the woman's womb.
Old 17th December 2004, 22:06   #16
electricmime
Major Dude

if it was dead, how can they tell if it was dead before or after they removed it from her body?

im not sure about this.. but can you be 'born' after you die?

though they are assuming its alive.. otherwise they're wouldnt be an amber alert for it

Old 17th December 2004, 22:18   #17
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

They think they've found the baby
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 22:19   #18
grumpyBB

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
They think they've found the baby
I know.
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpyBB
Now that they've found the baby alive they're calling it a baby, but until now they've been calling it a fetus.
Old 17th December 2004, 22:25   #19
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Yes, I know you knew, but I thought a link would be nice
for anyone interested to read.
And until DNA tests confirm that's the baby they're looking for,
it's not official yet.
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 23:47   #20
The Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by grumpyBB
What I find amazing about this is that so many of the people that are so up in arms about this are people that are pro-choice for abortion. WTF? According to them, isn't this just a lifeless fetus that has no value?
What a cheap shot. As a pro-choicer I'll say this: I would not encourage the death of these "potential children" at all, in fact I would discourage it. It is my belief though that it is totally out of line to force someone into not having one if they a) simply can't cope, both financially and/or mentally (the knowledge they have subjected a child to the situtation of abortion and a number of other possible cases) b) it was a child forced upon the mother (ie rape); and many more cases.

It is nothing but ...evil... to deny someone the option all together, who are you to ruin so many people's lives (potentially, not saying it would be the case even in the majority of cases)? You can argue that the child's life is potentially being ruined, but their life has not begun yet, has it?

The reason pro-choicers are so outraged by this (in general) I would assume is because this was a child wished by it's parent's, no doubt it would have led a relatively worthwhile life, as I'm sure there was a great love to be given to this child.

Once again, pro-choicers are far from the evil aliens you (and others) seem to portray them as, but in fact, they are probably more humanitarian than their opposition.
The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2004, 00:10   #21
electricmime
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by The Titan
What a cheap shot. As a pro-choicer I'll say this: I would not encourage the death of these "potential children" at all, in fact I would discourage it. It is my belief though that it is totally out of line to force someone into not having one if they a) simply can't cope, both financially and/or mentally (the knowledge they have subjected a child to the situtation of abortion and a number of other possible cases) b) it was a child forced upon the mother (ie rape); and many more cases.

It is nothing but ...evil... to deny someone the option all together, who are you to ruin so many people's lives (potentially, not saying it would be the case even in the majority of cases)? You can argue that the child's life is potentially being ruined, but their life has not begun yet, has it?

The reason pro-choicers are so outraged by this (in general) I would assume is because this was a child wished by it's parent's, no doubt it would have led a relatively worthwhile life, as I'm sure there was a great love to be given to this child.

Once again, pro-choicers are far from the evil aliens you (and others) seem to portray them as, but in fact, they are probably more humanitarian than their opposition.
it was my intention to prevent turning this thread into an abortion debate, mainly since this is not about abortion, but about killing a woman and kidnapping her child from her womb

Old 18th December 2004, 00:32   #22
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Which is why idiotic posts should just be ignored. It's really not quite the effort at times.
ha
I'm very relieved that the baby was found (if the tests come through positive). I cannot imagine the heartache that family is going through.
Old 18th December 2004, 03:20   #23
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Now...How was the "fetus" taken away in the first place?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2004, 10:16   #24
mysterious_w
Forum King

If you mean from the mother, I'd reckon the guy did it caesarean style, which is just sick.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2004, 14:11   #25
grumpyBB

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_w
If you mean from the mother, I'd reckon the guy did it caesarean style, which is just sick.
It was a woman that did it. What a sick bitch. Supposedly she had a miscarriage awhile back so who knows what the hell her problem was. The lady that was killed raised dogs and investigators are saying that the woman that killed her also raised dogs. They think that she knew the lady was pregnant due to them chatting on the internet.
Old 19th December 2004, 13:30   #26
mark
Forum King

wtf is amber alert?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 14:01   #27
electricmime
Major Dude

from dictionary.com

an emergency broadcast or notification system used when there has been an abduction, esp. of a child

named for 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who in 1996 was kidnapped from her Arlington TX neighborhood while riding her bicycle and found dead four days later

Old 19th December 2004, 16:10   #28
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
"America's Missing Broadcast Emergency Response"

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 19th December 2004, 16:30   #29
Schmeet
Major Dude

I remember seeing an article about that on the Discovery Channel. It seemed pretty effective, i thought.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 18:11   #30
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

It can be, we've had a few Amber alerts here in Washington the past year, and if I remember correctly, all the kids were found safely.
Old 19th December 2004, 18:25   #31
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
this lady stalked this pregnant lady, and she brought her own knife with her. it was completely premeditated. Forensic guys are guessing that she studied how to do C-sections bc she did it so well.

also, did you hear what she was doing with the baby? she was showing her relatives her baby that she just gave birth to. As if the ppl that saw her everyday wouldnt notice that she became 9mo pregnant in one day and gave birth w/o going to the hospital. She is psycho.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 20:02   #32
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

^ She was pregnant and evidently had a miscarriage. She took the trip 'to look at dogs' and when she returned she told her husband that she had delivered her baby while on the trip.

Sick!

Idiot's Advocate
Old 20th December 2004, 20:26   #33
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
when she returned she told her husband that she had delivered her baby while on the trip.
That's one hell of a quick labor...

Where's the hospital bills?

Old 20th December 2004, 20:45   #34
MegaRock
Forum King

Wow....look what fell out while I was at the mall .. ..

There are indeed some sick people on this planet.

Tune In Now!
Old 20th December 2004, 21:45   #35
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

I think I heard she was gone for a couple of weeks...

Idiot's Advocate
Old 20th December 2004, 23:03   #36
MegaRock
Forum King

Ok, I didn't think it could get any more twisted. I was so wrong.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- In the end, it wasn't a fingerprint or a blood spatter that led authorities to the woman suspected of strangling a mother-to-be and cutting the baby from her womb. It was an 11-digit computer code.

Police zeroed in on Lisa Montgomery in the most 21st century of ways, by trolling computer records, examining online message boards and - most important - tracing an IP address, 65.150.168.223, to a computer at her Melvern, Kan., home.

"That in and of itself led us to the home," Jeff Lanza, an FBI spokesman here said of the IP, or Internet protocol, address, the unique number given to every Internet-connected computer.

Investigators say that just before the slaying, Montgomery had corresponded over the Internet with the victim, Bobbie Jo Stinnett, about buying a dog from Stinnett. The same technology that makes instantaneous communication possible enabled authorities to crack the case in a matter of hours and rescue the premature baby.

Montgomery, 36, awaited her first court appearance Monday at the federal courthouse in Kansas City. She is charged with kidnapping resulting in death. Authorities said she confessed to the crime. The 4-day-old girl was reported in "remarkably good" condition Monday.

Within hours of Stinnett's killing Thursday at her Skidmore, Mo., home, investigators realized the potential information her computer could hold in finding her killer.

Stinnett, 23, raised rat terrier dogs at home and had been expecting a potential customer the afternoon she was killed. In fact, she had to get off the phone with her mother because the customer was at the door, according to investigators.

When Stinnett's body was discovered, detectives collected not just physical evidence; they also took her computer.

In addition to trying to find the killer, investigators were racing against time to find the baby, who was one month premature when she was cut from her mother's belly and, it was feared, may have suffered oxygen loss or other trauma when her mother was strangled.

At the lab, clues seemed to pour out of the computer within minutes - who Stinnett had been e-mailing, what sites she had been visiting. Important tips from the public came in, too. Among them: a North Carolina dog breeder pointed to communications on a rat terrier message board.

"My adrenaline just started rushing," said the breeder, Dyanne Siktar. "I knew they could track the IP."

It turned out that at 4:22 p.m. on Wednesday, the day before Stinnett's slaying, someone identifying herself as Darlene Fischer posted a message to the victim on a rat terrier message board. "Please get in touch with me soon as we are considering the purchase of one of your puppies," it said.

About an hour later, Stinnett communicated with Fischer for about 20 minutes, investigators said. Then, at 7:44 p.m., Stinnett posted a message to Fischer: "I've e-mailed you with the directions so we can meet. I do so hope that the e-mail reaches you. Great chatting with you on messenger. And do look forward to chatting with you tomorrow a.m."

Investigators traced Fischer's IP address back to a dial-up connection from the Melvern home of Montgomery and her husband. He has not been charged with any wrongdoing.

On Friday, less than 24 hours after the slaying, investigators pulled up to the couple's home in Kansas, found the baby and arrested Montgomery.

As for how the killer knew Stinnett was about to become a mother, Stinnett had a Web site about her dogs that investigators said may have included a picture of Stinnett pregnant. The FBI would not comment on whether the pair had ever met before last week, or how the killer knew Stinnett was still pregnant.

Authorities most often use computers to catch sexual predators, hackers and other white-collar criminals. But they are increasingly being used to solve violent crimes, too.

Experts say IP addresses are not foolproof; they can be made up, like nearly anything else in the Internet age. But they often are part of a package of evidence that can lead to a conviction.

"Quite often, in the past, detectives would walk past the computers at the crime scene and look at the hairs and fibers and fingerprints," said FBI agent Tom Maiorana, director of the bureau's Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory here. "Now we're seizing the computers and finding out a tremendous amount of information about the lives of the people involved."

http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stori....29db9db7.html

Tune In Now!
Old 21st December 2004, 05:07   #37
Mattress
Forum King

that woman has some severe mental problems.

Pretty cool how they caught her though, Glad the baby is alright.
Old 21st December 2004, 06:44   #38
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

I saw a news report featuring Montgomery husband. It was just so sad. He was obviously heart broken for Stinnet's family and I hope the media grants his request to give his family some privacy.

Apparently Montgomery's ex husband was interviewed and he quite emphatically stated that any belief that the woman was ever pregnant was false, as she had had a tubal ligation in 1990. Also, there were some reports that she had "false pregnancies" prior to this.
Old 21st December 2004, 07:29   #39
Talbain

Send a message via AIM to Talbain
That is quite disgusting, and just... hard to comprehend. What were they thinking exactly? It isn't exactly like an unborn fetus is going to last long outside the mother's womb, and the homicide... wow. That's pretty much all I can say.
Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 05:12   #40
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,142860,00.html

Montgomery's ex husband speaks out.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News