Old 10th April 2001, 14:16   #1
roboworx

Problem: titles not being seen in SHOUTcast source plugin, hence not being sent to repeater-server, hence no titles for listener.

Specifics: titles were working fine when I set things up from win98se; I'm using SqrSoft crossfader, using its DSP to run DSP Stacker which in turn runs DFX & 2 SHOUTcast source plugs, one 128k & one 24k.

(it's true that we added the DFX plug to the stack when we moved it to win2k, but we've run tests without the DFX plug and still the same prob.)

My partner bought a groovy new win2k server (800mhz p3 rackmount) so we could get the source off of my personal box; two problems emerged - no remote access (I'll ask for help on that one in another post!) and no titles now that we're using win2k - We can use the title-override feature in the SCsource plug, sending out whatever we type, but when we set it back to "auto", no titles, except the last one we entered manually.

And it was working so well under win98! (PLEASE don't tell me that the answer is tossing our paid-for ($400) version of win2k server edition and going back to win98se - I'd love to, but my partner would rather stick needles in his eyes!)

So, who's sourcing from a win2k box and actually seeing tune titles? Anyone? How?
roboworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2001, 21:16   #2
Tom

Okay 2 things are kind of popping out at me.

1st. One of the stackers (forgot the name) strips the meta-data out of the stream. I thought that DSP stacker behaves correctly but you might just want to try one DSP to see if it is the stacker that is causing your misery.

2nd. This is a common mistake. In your password use only numbers or letters. Nothing else. People have reported that a non-alphanumeric password will cause the tile info not to show up.

Give these suggestions a try and let us know how they work out for you.

Tom

P.S. I can get the titles to show up in Win2K (pro version, never tried sever)
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2001, 02:35   #3
Romilar_D

Send a message via ICQ to Romilar_D
Win2K Server

I run DSP Stacker v1.6 & DFX 4.3 & 2 DSP source plugins on Win2K Adv. Server and have had no trouble with titles, therefore I would guess the problem may involve SqrSoft Crossfader. Try substituting DSP Crossfade (from SpacialAudio) for the SqrSoft Crossfader. Also try running DSP Stacker as the primary (contolling) DSP plugin with a single DSP source, if titles appear insert each of the other DSP plugins while testing for titles.
Romilar_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions