Old 10th March 2010, 20:48   #121
nradisch

While putting together sample config files, I discovered a serious infrastructure problem. It seems that YP2 does not exist yet. We have a version running in QA, but there is not one accessible from the outside.

Because of the new security model and data flow in YP2, any sc_serv that is configured as public and using YP2 will not serve up it's streams even if the configuration is correct.

You can still use the new server in regular YP mode, just omit the "yp2=1" line from the config. This mode, however, has restrictions.

1) You cannot serve multiple streams from a single entity. Well, you can.... but the information in YP will be all confused
2) You cannot use the streampath keyword in your config. Again, this concept cannot be represented in YP.

If you want to play with the new features for your own amusement, you still can, just set yp2=1 and publicserver=never, however your stuff won't show up under YP.

Now, to answer the obvious followup question "when will the YP2 infrastructure be done", I can't answer that. It's not being done by anyone in my group, department, city or country.

--Neil
Old 11th March 2010, 02:39   #122
WebemSegundos

Thank you, Neil...

But, I think it´s more useful if a commercial call can return a block with three (or four, or five, anything defined by "integer") mp3 selecteds using random (without duplications) and the same for songs, creative blocks, mini shows (with header.mp3, show.mp3 and footer.mp3), etc.

Other question is about time of mp3... If I have a mp3 with one or two seconds, with only "Name Of Radio" to put between two songs, it´s ok for sc_trans? receive only one second for play and can mix on previous song and next song ?

(sorry again my english)

Thank you very much Neil... Think about return more songs on command call...

Marcelo Gomes
Old 11th March 2010, 10:05   #123
nradisch

WebemSegundos -

Short tracks are fine. In fact sc_trans has an option "xfadethreshold" that allows you to control how file duration effects crossfading. Obviously if the track is very short you don't want to crossfade since you will lose most of your audio.

The external call-out mechanism in the playlists was put in to enable people who want to control playlists completely outside of the existing sc_trans mechanisms. There had been some requests for that, and until time and resources become available to create a more polished interface, I thought this would be a reasonable interim solution. It was never meant to be something that would integrate in a complex manner with the existing playlist mechanism.

--Neil
Old 11th March 2010, 16:53   #124
nradisch

Config file examples

Here are a few config file examples. Please keep in mind my previously posted caveat about the non-existence of yp2.

--Neil
Old 11th March 2010, 18:13   #125
medalist

Send a message via ICQ to medalist
Hey nradish,

I'm trying to run the new sc_serv 2 and sc_trans 2b6 since monday, but I couldn't.

Could you check my configs and log to find out if it's my mistake or a bug in the script, please.

Here is the error while I wonna try to connect with winamp. I'm using the following url: <myip>:<myport> or <myip>:<myport>/stream/128 or <myip>:<myport>/listen.pls

For all I get the same result.

Shoutcast or Shoutcast2 protocoll, the same problem.

In Winamp I get this error: ICY 401 Service Unavailable

The log:
  • 2010-03-11 22:00:22 E msg:[dst 62.159.64.2:57756 sid=1] Shoutcast 1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. WinampMPEG/5.57, Ultravox/2.1

Schoutcast config:

PHP Code:
LogFile=sc_serv.log
ScreenLog
=1
songhistory
=10
W3CEnable
=0
W3CLog
=
webclientdebug=
yp1debug=
yp2debug=
shoutcastsourcedebug=1
uvox2sourcedebug
=1
shoutcast1clientdebug
=0
shoutcast2clientdebug
=1
relayshoutcastdebug
=0
relayuvoxdebug
=0
relaydebug
=0
streamdatadebug
=1
httpstyledebug
=0
statsdebug
=1
microserverdebug
=1
threadrunnerdebug
=0
uvoxcipherkey
=
Password=change321
MaxUser
=1000
PortBase
=6060
maxheaderlinesize
=2048
maxheaderlinecount
=100
AdminPassword
=change321
flashpolicyfile
=
yp2=1
ypaddr
=yp.shoutcast.com
ypport
=80
yppath
=/yp2
yptimeout
=60
ypmaxretries
=4
ypreportinterval
=120
ypminreportinterval
=60
publicserver
=always
buffertype
=1
fixedbuffersize
=1000
adaptivebuffersize
=1000
bufferhardlimit
=1000
SrcIP
=ANY
dstip
=ANY
Yport
=
NameLookups=0
RelayPort
=
RelayServer=
AutoDumpUsers=1
AutoDumpSourceTime
=30
IntroFile
=
BackupFile=
specialfiletmpdir=
maxspecialfilesize=10000
TitleFormat
=Demo Radio
URLFormat
=http://radioadmin.org
AllowRelay=
AllowPublicRelay=
MetaInterval=8192
relayreconnecttime
=60
maxhttpredirects
=4
listenertime
=3600
BanFile
=
savebanlistonexit=0
RipFile
=
saveriplistonexit=
RipOnly=
Unique=
Include=
configrewrite=0
CpuCount
=1
requirestreamconfigs
=1
streamid_1
=1
streamauthhash_1
=xxx
streampath_1
=/bitrate/128 
Transcoder config:
PHP Code:
log=1
logfile
=sc_trans.log
screenlog
=1
shuffledebug
=
shoutcastdebug=1
uvoxdebug
=1
gaindebug
=
playlistdebug=1
mp3encdebug
=0
mp3decdebug
=
resamplerdebug=
rgcalcdebug=
apidebug=
calendardebug=
capturedebug=
djdebug=
flashpolicyserverdebug=
fileconverterdebug=
flashpolicyfile=
flashpolicyserverport=
streamtitle=Demo radioadmin.org
streamurl
=http://www.radioadmin.org
genre=DEMO
aim
=aim
irc
=irc
public=1
usemetadata
=1
metadatapattern
=*/%N
playlistfile
=bc957e26ff41470c556ee5d09e96880b.lst
shuffle
=1
xfade
=3
xfadethreshold
=10
archive
=
calendarfile=calendar.xml
calendarrewrite
=1
djport
=9898
djport2
=9896
djcipher
=
autodumpsourcetime=
djbroadcasts=
djcapture=
djfilepattern=
djpassword=
djlogin=
outprotocol_0=1
serverip_0
=localhost
serverport_0
=6060
password_0
=change321
uvoxstreamid_0
=5
uvoxuserid_0
=admin
uvoxauth_0
=change321
uvoxradiometadata_0
=
uvoxnewmetadata_0=0
uvoxmetadatafudgefactor_0
=3
shoutcastmetadatafudgefactor_0
=3
applyreplaygain
=
defaultreplaygain=
djreplaygain=
capturereplaygain=
calculatereplaygain=
replaygaintmpdir=
replaygainrunahead=
replaygaindontwrite=
enhancereplaygain=
adminpassword=change321
adminuser
=admin
adminport
=6066
vuimagedirectory
=
vuimagesuffix=
vuimagemimetype=
configrewrite=0
serverbackupfile
=
serverintrofile=
encoder_0=mp3
bitrate_0
=128000
samplerate_0
=44100
channels_0
=2
aacpbitstreamformat_0
=1
mp3quality_0
=1
mp3mode_0
=
playlistfilename_0 misc
playlistfilepath_0 
bc957e26ff41470c556ee5d09e96880b.lst
unlockkeyname
=zzzzzzzzz
unlockkeycode
=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx 
Any idea?

meda
Old 11th March 2010, 18:20   #126
nradisch

Yes, this is what I was referring to in the post a few up from here

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....45#post2640145

You are setting yp2=1. When you do that, the stream cannot be made available to the client until the server completes negotiations with yp2. Unfortunately yp2 is not yet online so this always fails and the stream never becomes available.
Please read the referred post for more details.

--Neil
Old 11th March 2010, 18:29   #127
djarjun877

i steped back to beta 5 due to that after installing beta 6 i lost alot listeners few could not rech my radio
Old 11th March 2010, 21:07   #128
medalist

Send a message via ICQ to medalist
Ok,

I set the yp2 to 0,
removed strem url path,
set the cache time to 1 second, I had 1000 seconds not good,
changed the transcoder protocol to shoutcast1

And voilÃ_ ... my stream is online.

I hope the yp will coming soon online

Thx
Old 12th March 2010, 03:31   #129
WebemSegundos

Hi Neil,

Thanks. I will control all playlist by script, but using calendar to call right playlist...

Thanks again!

Marcelo Gomes
Old 12th March 2010, 11:22   #130
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
Quote:
Originally posted by nradisch
sc_trans uses a codec from Fraunhoffer to do mp3 encoding and decoding.

This is my understanding, regarding the $5 licensing fee. This is in no way an official legal statement from Aol, and merely represents my understanding of the issue.

Mp3 encoding is not free. If you encode in mp3 you owe MPEG-LA (or something entity like that) a licensing fee. It's common knowledge that many people download and use the Lame encoder without sending a check to MPEG-LA. This is technically a licensing violation, but since it's impractical for MPEG-LA to go after individuals, the practice is tolerated. It is NOT, however, impractical for MPEG-LA to go after large corporations like Aol. So we have to charge to avoid legal problems. Another option would be to leave mp3 encoding out, and force you to download install and configure your own compatible encoder (like lame), but we felt that the added complication to the user was not worth it.

AACP has a similar issues, but the MPEG-LA licensing terms for this technology is different, allowing Aol to pay a reasonable yearly fee so our user base does not have to pay.

I believe the reason the fee was only imposed recently was that SHOUTcast was an unstaffed project that was so far "under the radar" no one at Aol ever noticed it. It has a somewhat higher profile these days, and during a recently company wide technology review by the legal department, the licensing issues became apparent.

--Neil
Thanks this clears it up alot. I guess LAME owes MPEG-LA alot of money then

Ramon
Old 14th March 2010, 04:31   #131
BornKillaz

Hello!!

One more request:

There should be a configuration variable that allow as to decide if DJ's with same priority could kick each others or not.

This was possible in the previous version but it was treated as a bug. However I found this very useful.

Thanks.

<?php echo str_rot13("FUBHGpnfg QANF Ehyrf!"); ?>
Old 25th March 2010, 10:39   #132
stream24

libstdc++.so.6 problem

Can someone help?

Only on Debian 5 (amd64 bit) I got an error while try to start sc_trans 2 (tested with 5 or 6)

“error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

--> locate libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10
Old 29th March 2010, 02:53   #133
webhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nradisch View Post
Here are a few config file examples. Please keep in mind my previously posted caveat about the non-existence of yp2.

--Neil
Am I missing something? Have the sample config files been removed? I can't see anything to download.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:44   #134
cipryfly

how to set timetable?

I have 700 songs and playlists you need to set my schedule to take them all

and the second question I ask is that spots in 15 minutes what settings do?
Old 11th April 2010, 12:48   #135
UltimaRaiden

Is the final version expected to support multiple sources mixing to a single stream at the same time? I think I remember reading something about it a long time ago, but I'm having trouble finding anything on it now.

Thanks!
Old 12th April 2010, 22:15   #136
elpotente

I had been living with something I think its a bug.

If you have a pls event every 30mins (a jingle for example) and a DJ show for a 2hour duration. The time the dj is connected the pls from the jingles are loaded but not played because the dj is connected. Once the dj disconnects, the station returns to the track that was playing, after the track comes all the jingles that couldnt play in time (if the dj show its 2h, they would be 4 jingles: half past, o clock, half past, oclock) and then the new track.

What do you think?
Old 13th April 2010, 11:57   #137
nradisch

Do your jingle entries have explicit durations in the calendar file?

--Neil
Old 17th April 2010, 16:01   #138
BornKillaz

Hello!!

After using and debugging this new Transcoder version since it was released, I'm sure I've found a couple of bugs on this version.

1st) Periodic Playlist Events - If a DJ is ON AIR when a periodic event should take place or if the playlist playing has higher priority than the periodic playlist event, it's like the periodic event gets stuck.
It will display as active, but never plays again, after the DJ disconnects or after the higher priority playlist stops paying, no matter what.
The only solution is to manually abort the periodic playlist event, and after abort it automatically jumps to that event if the currently playlist has equal priority.

2nd) Filename Trouble - It seams that the Transcoder does not parse filenames with the following chars " ] " and " [ " (no quotes), it gives a warning and never plays that file.

Quote:
2010-04-17 16:00:00 W msg:[playlistMgr]The playlist entry /home/user/audio/pre_recorded/My.Show.Name[16-04-2010].mp3 generated no entries
Thank you for your attention.

Old 17th April 2010, 16:50   #139
BornKillaz

Quote:

--Neil
I've just read that and yes, that can be the solution to one of the "bugs" I've stated above.

I also have a question, can periodic events be set to repeat? Like instead of 128, we could place diferent repeat values?

I'm asking becouse I could not make that work, and I need a specifique playlist periodic event to take place only at weekends.

Thanks in advance.

Old 18th April 2010, 14:11   #140
elpotente

Quote:

--Neil
Actually they are 2 pls with one mp3 for each pls, their duration are 7secs and 5secs (one at oclock and one at half past) . Dont understand what are you asking me exactly sorry, hope this helps.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:11   #141
elpotente

I tried to buy the mp3 license but always got the same error

Quote:
We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again.
Where can I get support for this?

Thanks!
Old 18th April 2010, 17:40   #142
elpotente

Hi again, sorry for spam.

Have another bug. If you change the system time with shoutcast running the server crash (almost in centos).

Edit:

My cronjob tried to restart service but it couldnt because process were alive but no sound on station. I checked log and all seemed ok, dont know why but after a tail to the log and a "ps -e | grep trans" they started to sound again in the station... Its very rare, I think that commands may not be related to the problem, but everytime I had to adjust the server time the transcoders stop working.

hope it helps
Old 18th April 2010, 19:38   #143
BornKillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpotente View Post
Actually they are 2 pls with one mp3 for each pls, their duration are 7secs and 5secs (one at oclock and one at half past) . Dont understand what are you asking me exactly sorry, hope this helps.
You have the option to set the event duration thought the API, just like you set the starttime, endtime and so on. I believe that's the duration he is talking about.

Quote:

Have another bug. If you change the system time with shoutcast running the server crash (almost in centos).

Edit:

My cronjob tried to restart service but it couldnt because process were alive but no sound on station. I checked log and all seemed ok, dont know why but after a tail to the log and a "ps -e | grep trans" they started to sound again in the station... Its very rare, I think that commands may not be related to the problem, but everytime I had to adjust the server time the transcoders stop working.

hope it helps
I use the rdate command to set the time, no trouble here, just a small skip in the sound but nothing relevant for the listener. I'm also running CentOS.

Old 19th April 2010, 08:15   #144
DJ Pedster

Sorry if this has been asked before...... Im using beta 5.........

Have 2 instances of trans (Linux)...... now, I've never used extra playlists before....... Added a new playlist via API to just to one instance....but it plays on the second instance too at the scheduled time for first instance? Even when there's no event listed for that instance.........

Is this a known issue?

Regards,

DJ Pedster
Old 19th April 2010, 09:28   #145
elpotente

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornKillaz View Post
I need a specifique playlist periodic event to take place only at weekends.
Hey man, dont know why but I saw your posts today!. All you need for that is to sum the numbers for saturday + sunday.. If you look at the api document file provided, there is a

Quote:
The values can be bitwise combined to create more complicated repeat patterns. For example, 62 would mean every weekday.
So make the sum for weekend!
Old 19th April 2010, 09:37   #146
elpotente

Quote:
You have the option to set the event duration thought the API, just like you set the starttime, endtime and so on. I believe that's the duration he is talking about.
Its a periodic playlist (as I told). This is the set
Quote:
<event type="playlist">
<playlist loopatend="0" shuffle="0" priority="1" >jingle1.lst</playlist>
<calendar starttime="01:00:00" timeoffset="00:00:00" repeat="128" />
</event>
I didnt know there was a field endtime... Because that lst only have one mp3 of 5 seconds I didnt use duration for that playlist event.

You mean I need to set a duration for every periodic event in order to fix this? This could be difficult in some cases...

Quote:
I use the rdate command to set the time, no trouble here, just a small skip in the sound but nothing relevant for the listener. I'm also running CentOS.
Dont know atm what cmd used to change it in the past (process were killed). Last time used plesk admin panel to set time sync by ip and the server got stuck but not killed, 10mins later it started playing again (maybe because the time was 10mins in the future and with the sync it corrected to 10mins back and started again when time was the time it was playing before?)
Old 19th April 2010, 11:36   #147
ysam

Hi there and congrats for this as it was missing for all thouse years.

Everything is fine but, does anybody have a quick example for the use of the API?

Quote:
<html>
<title> test page</title>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>
<body>
<FORM action="http://www.mysite.any:5555/api" method="post">
<P>
<LABEL>op=</LABEL>
<INPUT type="text" id="op"><BR>
<LABEL>seq=</LABEL>
<INPUT type="text" id="seq"><BR>
<INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> <INPUT type="reset">
</P>
</FORM>
</body>
</html>
Doesn't seem to work for getstatus for instance.

it asks me for user/pass and when I put them i get

"Missing or unknown op parameter ()"

Is the API working?

-Yiannis
Old 19th April 2010, 12:19   #148
nradisch

File names in the playlist go through shell expansion before they are used.
This allows you to put in entries like

/home/music/*.mp3

The [ and ] characters have special expansion meaning to the unix shell. You'll need to
escape them if you want to use them explicitly (\[ \])

Note that this expansion differs depending on the platform (win32 or unix) and,
under unix, the kind of shell that is configured as the system wide default. It's usually just
"sh" but I've seen others in unusual cases.

--Neil

Quote:
Hello!!

2nd) Filename Trouble - It seams that the Transcoder does not parse filenames with the following chars " ] " and " [ " (no quotes), it gives a warning and never plays that file.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:25   #149
nradisch

Yes it should work, just combine all the necessary bitflags. For a time repeating event
that is limited to Saturday and Sunday you would use the value 193

(time=128, Saturday = 64, Sunday = 1 128+64+1=193)

Quote:
I've just read that and yes, that can be the solution to one of the "bugs" I've stated above.

I also have a question, can periodic events be set to repeat? Like instead of 128, we could place diferent repeat values?

I'm asking becouse I could not make that work, and I need a specifique playlist periodic event to take place only at weekends.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:27   #150
nradisch

Entries in the calendar file can have durations. This allows sc_trans to "expire" the
event. If you do not specify a duration the event remains active until all the elements in the event are played.

--Neil

Quote:
Old 19th April 2010, 12:31   #151
nradisch

That doesn't surprise me. Both sc_trans and sc_serv do a lot of time sensitive operations and use the system time as a reference. Changing the system time while the applications are running can cause all sorts of problems. For example, if you move the clock backwards an hour, sc_trans will stop transmitting for an hour since the bitrate calculations will now indicate that no bits need to be transmitted (or negative bits, which results in the same behavior).

--Neil

Quote:

Edit:

hope it helps
Old 19th April 2010, 12:33   #152
nradisch

Never heard of that one. Are they sharing config files or calendar files or maybe priority playlist directories?

--Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Pedster View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before...... Im using beta 5.........

Have 2 instances of trans (Linux)...... now, I've never used extra playlists before....... Added a new playlist via API to just to one instance....but it plays on the second instance too at the scheduled time for first instance? Even when there's no event listed for that instance.........

Is this a known issue?
Old 19th April 2010, 12:35   #153
nradisch

Yes it does work.
A few simplified examples were posted to the Beta 5 thread a while back.

--Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysam View Post
Hi there and congrats for this as it was missing for all thouse years.

Everything is fine but, does anybody have a quick example for the use of the API?

Doesn't seem to work for getstatus for instance.

it asks me for user/pass and when I put them i get

"Missing or unknown op parameter ()"

Is the API working?

-Yiannis
Old 19th April 2010, 14:09   #154
ysam

Thanx Neil. I'll look them up.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:13   #155
DJ Pedster

Quote:
Never heard of that one. Are they sharing config files or calendar files or maybe priority playlist directories?l
This was it.... Changed via API, will report back if any issues.

Regards,

DJ Pedster
Old 19th April 2010, 15:26   #156
elpotente

Quote:
Entries in the calendar file can have durations. This allows sc_trans to "expire" the
event. If you do not specify a duration the event remains active until all the elements in the event are played.

--Neil
Right, I will test it!

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me. Both sc_trans and sc_serv do a lot of time sensitive operations and use the system time as a reference. Changing the system time while the applications are running can cause all sorts of problems. For example, if you move the clock backwards an hour, sc_trans will stop transmitting for an hour since the bitrate calculations will now indicate that no bits need to be transmitted (or negative bits, which results in the same behavior).

--Neil
Like I posted before, station started to send bits again 10mins later.. They seem to be 10mins moved backwards in the clock.

Can you help me with the problem trying to buy mp3 license? Post #141 in this thread

Thanks!!
Old 19th April 2010, 17:18   #157
nradisch

I can't help you with the license purchase problem. Contact Faisal Sultan. (sc_faisal)

--Neil
Old 19th April 2010, 22:06   #158
BornKillaz

Quote:
Yes it should work, just combine all the necessary bitflags. For a time repeating event
that is limited to Saturday and Sunday you would use the value 193

(time=128, Saturday = 64, Sunday = 1 128+64+1=193)
Great! I was using repeat=65

Thank you!

Old 20th April 2010, 03:37   #159
njasm

hi all.

i need some clarification, regarding sc_trans and sc2, since i am starting some tests.

using shoutcast protocol 2:

with the same instance of sc_trans drop 6, i should be capable of:

Reading a playlist file, and with that pl, create 4 streamids, (being the only diference, bitrate / and possibly if i want... the encode [aacp & mp3]) and connect them to my sc_server 2, where i do have configure all those streamids.

simple putted:

one playlist, at 128 aacp, and at 96 aacp, and at aacp, and another as 192 mp3.

should be all good, ?

and if i would like to have those streams...but each one with diferent playlists? what config flag are for that? can it be done ?

For yp2, i'm using authhashes from the fellows at streamsolutions...

but i'm having problems connection more then 2 streamids to they yp2 (altough we're debuging this situation) it might be some misconfiguration i might have..

in theory, sc_trans2 can create unlimited streamids , is that right ?

thanks in advance!
Old 20th April 2010, 11:32   #160
nradisch

Everything you're saying here sounds correct. As you suspect, you cannot configure sc_trans to use different playlists for different bitrates.

--Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by njasm View Post
hi all.

i need some clarification, regarding sc_trans and sc2, since i am starting some tests.

using shoutcast protocol 2:

with the same instance of sc_trans drop 6, i should be capable of:

Reading a playlist file, and with that pl, create 4 streamids, (being the only diference, bitrate / and possibly if i want... the encode [aacp & mp3]) and connect them to my sc_server 2, where i do have configure all those streamids.

simple putted:

one playlist, at 128 aacp, and at 96 aacp, and at aacp, and another as 192 mp3.

should be all good, ?

and if i would like to have those streams...but each one with diferent playlists? what config flag are for that? can it be done ?

For yp2, i'm using authhashes from the fellows at streamsolutions...

but i'm having problems connection more then 2 streamids to they yp2 (altough we're debuging this situation) it might be some misconfiguration i might have..

in theory, sc_trans2 can create unlimited streamids , is that right ?

thanks in advance!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions