Old 9th June 2002, 22:22   #1
not in santiago

Ugh. I'm at it again.

Yes, yes, yet another highly conceived, poorly executed, schizophrenic Sloan skin (second to last one, thankfully). This one is based on a song called "Lemonzinger" and I wanted to get in the song element (singer & guitar), the lemon element, and the tea element.

I like the eq, despite my inability to draw realistic steam (but it's animated!), the playlist is functional, but parts of the main are driving me nuts. Yes, the control buttons. They are not staying that way, I assure you. That's just attempt #2060. I don't want to put too much black in there, but plain yellow buttons look boring. Any ideas?

I'm only two-thirds through on this one, so there are still things missing. And I'm going to change the Vol. to something a little less overwhelming.

One last question: what's the best way of getting good definition on tiny objects? I'm thinking the Pos., EQ, and Pledit sliders. I can't draw worth beans (can't even draw A bean ), and so I end up having to shrink down scans to the specified tiny dimensions. Is there any way around the cruddy end result?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lemonzinger.jpg (88.5 KB, 128 views)
not in santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2002, 22:44   #2
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

the main window is a bit too yellow for my taste,
equalizer and playlist look decent enough though, I like the lemon wedge slider in the playlist, are those teabags on the equalizer? they do look a bit off, maybe if you crank up the contrast a bit and sharpen the pic before you shrink it, it would help, but you can only shrink an image soo much before it starts to look bad, maybe you're better of trying to find another pic of a teabag, in any case get rid of the white background.
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2002, 23:04   #3
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

It's bright, i can give ya that.

I agree with tough guy about the playlist and eq. is the steam rising from the cups animated?? If so it should look cool, but i'd change those tea bags so they dont stand out so much. Also is there a balance control??
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2002, 23:33   #4
not in santiago

I'm completely unbalanced, literally and figuratively.

I'm a selfish skinner. I don't feel bad about omitting bits I rarely use myself. Except for the minibrowser and the AVS. I grudgingly do those.

The teabags kill me. I combed the internet for days looking for a decent teabag pic and couldn't find one, so I scanned some of my own. They looked pretty good, but I think part of the problem is trying to put a rectangular object (the teabag) into a square one (the slider). I thought leaving the bg white would make it look like part of the bag, but you're right. Pas de success!

P.S. - I tweaked the contrast and sharpened the teabag pic three times. You know, maybe it just wasn't meant to be . . .

Thanks for the comments.

Old 10th June 2002, 02:04   #5
not in santiago

Better? Mebbe? Mebbe not?

Still can't tell what those foreign objects are above the mugs. Wish I could attach a string to them.

The bright yellow stays because, well, we all need our retinas seared once in awhile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lemonzinger2.jpg (64.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 10th June 2002, 02:07   #6
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

The eq looks much better now...

I cant see why you cant draw in some strings and maybe have the tags at the top of the sliders...Would look cool IMO.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2002, 03:10   #7
Ch33zels
Major Dude

very.... yellow
Ch33zels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2002, 03:57   #8
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
looks good, but the eq is a little wierd. and replace that tele with a strat!
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2002, 19:31   #9
not in santiago

I tried the string idea. I can only use string tags for the middle 8 sliders, because the auto etc. buttons cut the rest off.

So, taking into account that I will sharpen those tags at the end of the string (I never notice these things til the last second ), what do you like better, the steam (which you can't see well in the prev. screenshots, sorry), or the string? I'm still partial to the steam . . . .

I'm just about ready to put this one to bed, so any further comments would be appreciated. I know it's a C to C- skin, but are there any little things?

P.S. - Sorry, Blackdog. Can't replace the Tele, 'cause that's what the singer plays. And a vintage Rickenbacker, but it's harder to find pics of those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lemonzinger3a.jpg (48.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 10th June 2002, 21:28   #10
Kepstin

Send a message via ICQ to Kepstin Send a message via AIM to Kepstin
It would be nice with both the string and the steam. Try making the string a bit thinner, and the tags smaller, to match the teabag better.

There used to be more stuff, but hey, links die over the years.
Generic Plating: Red, Blue
Kepstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins