Old 24th February 2009, 18:50   #1
disgustipated

hotkey for ratings while listening from connected device

I use my home PC as a main sync spot with winamp and ml_ipod, while at work on my laptop I use winamp and the same version of ml_ipod to listen to music directly on the ipod through the laptop headphones. When listening on my laptop at work I have the global hotkey ctrl+5 set to give my tracks I am listening to a rating of 5. It appears that it gives this rating only to the local media library of winamp as it places the song in the local media list with the proper rating, however the rating on the ipod is not changed. Is there a way to rate the tracks on the ipod from the global hotkeys?

I'm posting this under the ml_ipod forum as I'm guessing there would have to be some interaction between the plugin and winamp for the rating to take place.
disgustipated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 19:47   #2
SyntaxGS

In my experience with ratings, I've noticed that when you rate songs using the mouse-over star click (in the Local Media section of the Media Library) and doing the ratings in ml_iPod Media Library (right click on song, select "Rate") they don't write the rating to the same database.

I think when you rate using winamp's hotkeys, it rates the song locally but does not write to the ml_ipod Database.

I'm not certain that there is any way to setup a hotkey to perform a ml_ipod rating.

80GB iPod (5.5G) // Latest Winamp // Latest ml_iPod
SyntaxGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion