Old 10th April 2008, 04:10   #1
Wipe0ut

ml_iPod does not show album art for ONE set of albums

I have one album on my computer that shows album art just fine (folder.jpg in each folder). In windows, the file structure is as follows:
D:\MP3\Rush\Rush In Rio\Disk 1
D:\MP3\Rush\Rush In Rio\Disk 2
D:\MP3\Rush\Rush In Rio\Disk 3

There is a folder.jpg in each of those folders with the album art. It shows fine in Winamp. I've removed the music from the Winamp Library AND the iPod multiple times and re-synced it to the iPod using ml_ipod. No dice. ALL of my album art on the entire iPod (classic 160, by the way) shows correctly EXCEPT for this ONE album. I see each disk under Artists > Rush or in Cover Flow with the iTunes eighth note.

What the heck is going on?! EVER change I've made to any other album as it pertains to album art is perfect. I even renamed all of the tracks with the suggested mp3tag editor (after adding art) and re-added it to my libary and the iPod. NOTHING changed.
Wipe0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 14:46   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I need some more information to gain some insight. Maybe a debugging archive helps, create it with
"RightClick on the iPod icon in the Media Library-->Help-->Create archive for bug report"
immediately after you transfered some of the songs of this album (remove them from iPod first) and upload it to http://stashbox.org for me... Thanks

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 16:00   #3
Wipe0ut

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
I need some more information to gain some insight. Maybe a debugging archive helps, create it with
"RightClick on the iPod icon in the Media Library-->Help-->Create archive for bug report"
immediately after you transfered some of the songs of this album (remove them from iPod first) and upload it to http://stashbox.org for me... Thanks
I will do this once I get home and upload it for you. Thanks!
Old 11th April 2008, 00:57   #4
Wipe0ut

Since I doubt I can post the link, I will send it via PM.
Old 11th April 2008, 04:05   #5
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

You should have been able to just attach it. I doubt the archive was over 200k...

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 05:21   #6
Wipe0ut

Quote:
Originally posted by fatcerberus1
You should have been able to just attach it. I doubt the archive was over 200k...
Didn't think of that. Just tried to attach it, though. Too big.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:41   #7
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Thanks for the archive. It shows the reason:
For these tracks, the artwork is taken from the ID3 tags. The files have embedded artwork, and that takes precedence over the folder.jpg. If you want to use folder.jpg instead, simply uncheck the option to use ID3 tags in the cover art preferences, then use "Refresh album art" on the songs (or delete them and re-upload them.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 16:32   #8
Wipe0ut

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Thanks for the archive. It shows the reason:
For these tracks, the artwork is taken from the ID3 tags. The files have embedded artwork, and that takes precedence over the folder.jpg. If you want to use folder.jpg instead, simply uncheck the option to use ID3 tags in the cover art preferences, then use "Refresh album art" on the songs (or delete them and re-upload them.
So remove the folder.jpg or don't use the art on the ID3 tags? Will have to look into that when I get home.
Old 11th April 2008, 17:19   #9
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

No, leave the folder.jpg's alone. Go into ml_iPod prefs and deselect the option to get covers from ID3 tags. Then delete the offending tracks from the iPod and retransfer them.

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 05:06   #10
Wipe0ut

I took an alternate approach of removing the covers from the files themselves...works perfectly now! Thanks guys!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion