• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFeiler
    • Jun 2010

Media Library deletes information after rescan

Hi there

I'm new here and i couldn't find a thread with a similar problem.
    So here's the thing:

I have my watched folders (sorted after genre, you know "rock", "pop" etc.).
    So if i add a new album (for example D:/mp3/metal/metallica/death magnetic) i USED TO
    hit rescan (so it scanned for a few seconds) and it was added to my library so i could instantly listen to it / rate it etc.

But after i installed windows 7 (i don't know if it has ANYTHING to do with it, i just recognized the problem after switching to win7) it works that way:

When i hit "rescan now" it scans my watched folders for over 20 minutes (i have a lot of music) like when you first start your winamp after installation. And after the scan all the informations like ratings or play count are gone.

It's kind of annoying to scan for 20 minutes and import my database (to save my ratings) everytime i wanna add new music to the library.

So how do I

a) configure winamp to do just a quick scan instead of renewing the whole library
    or
    b) avoid the whole rescan-thing to add new music to the library

So I hope you understood my problem (englisch is not my first language ) and you can help me.
Working...
X