Old 23rd March 2005, 03:55   #1
carmichael_4

internet tv

im new to winamp so im gonna ask a few easy questions

the stations that are on winamp are they the only ones u can get or is the add ons?

when theres to many people on a server, if i leave it on will it eventually go on so i can watch that program?

and is there a way that i can make shows clearer and some play choppy and have to reload can i fix that?

thats for you help who ever posts.
carmichael_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 04:05   #2
sankt

Re: internet tv

Quote:
the stations that are on winamp are they the only ones u can get or is the add ons?
Stations come and go. It depends on the broadcaster.

Quote:
when theres to many people on a server, if i leave it on will it eventually go on so i can watch that program?
Winamp automatically keeps trying to reconnect to a server until you connect.

Quote:
is there a way that i can make shows clearer and some play choppy and have to reload can i fix that?
No you cannot adjust picture clearity. A viewer cannot adjust a station that appears choppy or buffers. You can try increasing winamps internal buffer. Another cause is some stations also do not have the necessary bandwidth required.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - www.ScenicTelevision.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2005, 04:40   #3
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

To add on to what sankt said:

The stations in the winamp list are NOT the only ones, and the only addon I know is the one to add the dir.xiph.org listings, available from Oddsock. This doesn't really add "all" stations, as some may be private, or may be banned from the list for being misrated or whatever. Either way, what you get with the list in winamp is all the stations that are listed with shoutcast.com.

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video