Old 30th June 2004, 11:17   #1
Velvet Sledge

skinning and visualisers

when you donig the graphics for a skin, do you need to include graphics for visualisations? or do you do visualisations later? one vis i plan on using in my skin is similar to the vis in pulsedrivers skin.. and if you do, is this the same for all visualisations?

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares... you a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connelly

"And the lord said unto john, come forth and recieve eternal life, but john came fifth and won a toaster" - Someone else in the winamp forums

"There's nothing wrong with the voices in my head... except when they start singing "this is the song that doesn't end.... "" - Me
Velvet Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2004, 12:11   #2
SLoB
Major Dude

not for the standard vis unless you want to put an overlay over it to break up the solid lines etc.

but yes for custom vis
they can be a mixture or any combination

just checkout any of the skins with overlays on the vis to see whats needed, very simple

any vis will increase the cpu load though, so be careful with what you add, for example you wouldnt want to make a too big an animated layer with too many frames etc..

as and when you do them is up to you, i normally have an idea of a few while the skin is in design mode as this also adds to the looks/feel of the skin, checkout my old wip pic http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=158885 which shows a lights vis in the middle of the skin, this is designed in from the start so its pretty self explanatory whats going to happen.
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2004, 12:28   #3
Velvet Sledge

yeah i get what you mean with that sort of vis, where you've just got lights that glow, but what about things like the pioneer3 skin? and can you change the standard vis at all? like add more bands? or would you be better off making a whole new one?

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares... you a mile away, and you've got his shoes." - Billy Connelly

"And the lord said unto john, come forth and recieve eternal life, but john came fifth and won a toaster" - Someone else in the winamp forums

"There's nothing wrong with the voices in my head... except when they start singing "this is the song that doesn't end.... "" - Me
Velvet Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins