Old 7th May 2002, 01:19   #1
maldoer©

Lightbulb A loud botton

Well I think winamp need a loud botton......

[FONT=arial]
Old 7th May 2002, 08:01   #2
watussi

I don't agree with you.

Winamp is a musicbox. "Dingdong"-buttons would disturb the music.

Bad idea.
Old 7th May 2002, 14:15   #3
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
a loud button?

like sliding the preamp slider on the eq to full?

Old 7th May 2002, 18:50   #4
watussi

Oh, sorry I misunderstood ..
Old 7th May 2002, 20:12   #5
Hollow
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Hollow
Or do you mean something like the attenuater switch found on some older amplifiers? You flip it and it reduces the volume by some amount without chaning your volume setting.

The moon is made of cheese.
Oh for some tasty moon cheese.
www.redtetrahedron.org
Old 8th May 2002, 11:01   #6
DarinL

I think he means something like some Car CD Players have. A button you'd just push, and it kicks the volume up like 10 notches. Hit it again, and it reduces it 10 notches.

Or maybe I'm wrong. A good idea for those who turn down the volume on their speakers, but I just slide the volume up and down on Winamp, so I don't need to reach up everytime I need to turn it down.

- Darin
Old 8th May 2002, 11:21   #7
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
you do know about how you can go to your taskbar and double click that little speaker, then change those volumes to make it louder.

if not lead your soundcard out to a stereo and then you give yourself another volume control (plus the ablility to use those speakers)

Old 8th May 2002, 15:01   #8
Hollow
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Hollow
Okay yeah DarinL thats basically the same thing i was talking about. The ones I've seen just lower volume instead of increasing it. You could do this with maki, although it would be limited to the avalible volume scale, so if you were already at the top, it wouldn't do anything. I guess in my mind this makes it somewhat useless since you could click and move the slider just as easily. I don't think it makes sense, also, since you have several volume controls from your computer (speaker, etc) so you wouldn't get consistant results.

sheesh mc^^^^ think you've got enough posts here?

The moon is made of cheese.
Oh for some tasty moon cheese.
www.redtetrahedron.org
Old 8th May 2002, 15:46   #9
kljs
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to kljs
Thumbs down

I am already using an old (ancient) pluging call audiostalker to turn the sound down.
Why a load button? Just turn up the volume button on the speakers!!

I am just a normal person sitting on the bench and reading newspaper and having a cup of coffee. Why can't people see that?
Old 9th May 2002, 08:48   #10
mc^^^^
Forum King

yeah, why do you want it extra loud btw? or are we now speaking to no one?

Old 9th May 2002, 19:59   #11
maldoer©

change my question.....

When you push this botton...winamp reduce volume at 10% of the max volume **like Car cd players** then you push it again and the volume returns to 80% example.......

in a scale of 100 as max, i'm hearing in 92.... then i hear like someone talk me--- press the botton and volume reduce at 10......end of my convesation....press the botton... volume return to 92...

Volume reduce temporally...
Old 10th May 2002, 06:11   #12
bass4ms

Thats an attenuation button (Kenwood radios have it too, not just old amps). A loud button, like the one on a car stereo would just boost the lower end so that you would be able to "feel" the bass at lower volumes. A good car stereo would phase out the boost as the volume gets increased so that the sound does not become corrupted at the higher volumes. So, if I have my car stereo (1-30 scale) at 5 and I press loud I hear more bass, but if its at 28 and I turn loud off, then I hear no difference.

This is at least the way that all of my car stereos have worked.

--On my Kenwood, after I turn off attenuation, the music fades back to the higher volume. I like this better than the sudden jolt of music from a mute switch. If someone does make an attenuation button and script, could you please add that option.
Old 11th May 2002, 22:01   #13
DarinL

I'm on the same track as maldoer, I think. People are always walking in and trying to say something to me while the music is blasting. I have to turn it down, then when they leave, back up.

But then again, I could just hit pause. It would be a nice extra feature... but I'm fine without.

- Darin
Old 12th May 2002, 03:13   #14
mc^^^^
Forum King

i'll see what i can do for ya to make this request into a reality

Old 15th May 2002, 11:28   #15
mc^^^^
Forum King

done it , one click - volume 20%, again - back to where you were.

im just going to implement my dock script as well to make on killer enhancement

Old 17th May 2002, 15:42   #16
mc^^^^
Forum King

all done

see my sig when it says 'wa3 default - enhanced' or follow this link to the skins thread.

Old 19th May 2002, 23:21   #17
bass4ms

Hey mc,

I was using your default -advanced skin with beta 3 and when I load the skin it says that a script failed because I didn't have a component. I also cannot have winamp 3 load with the skin.

I was also hoping that you could help me with something. I cannot get the attached file to work right (after compiling). I know that the won't cause the volume to fade in that slowly, but this was just a proff of concept. The problem is that the volume does not return to its previous state at all. It just stays at 10. This is after about a hour of tinkering, so I probably messed up your loud button script pretty bad.
Thanks,
Bass4ms

PS: I was trying to get the volume to fade in after turning the loud button off.
Attached Files
File Type: m loud.m (781 Bytes, 136 views)
Old 19th May 2002, 23:48   #18
mc^^^^
Forum King

ok, ill have a bigger look after skool, but it looks like a few things are wrong. getVolume() returns a value out of 255, and the script set volume to 20% not 10%.

Old 20th May 2002, 05:56   #19
bass4ms

k, thanks

I don't know why it would return a value outside of 255, I believe I got the value the same way you did.
Old 20th May 2002, 11:34   #20
mc^^^^
Forum King

ok head over to to the skins thread to get the new version. it fades in now. you can look at the maki to see where you went wrong.

i will start documenting the maki so its easier to learn from.

Old 20th May 2002, 15:36   #21
bass4ms

Thank you. LOL

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist