Old 11th December 2009, 09:06   #1

Winamp Window Attention Whore

I DIDNT REALLY WANNA POST ON THE FORUMS SINCE LAST TIME PEOPLE JACKED IT WITH BITCHLIST REPLIES BUT THIS HAPPENS AGAIN AND AGAIN SO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO REPORT THIS TEDIOUS RECURRING ERROR

I HAVE OVER 9000 SONGS ON WINAMP
HAVING ALOT OF SONGS ALOT OF THINGS ARE BOUND TO GO WRONG AND I GUESS ID LIKE TO HAVE MINIMAL SETTINGS TO MAKE IT GO FASTER BUT IM NOT SURE HOW
LIKE UTORRENT INSTEAD OF BITTORRENT
OF COURSE THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LOVE AND PICK UTORRENT OVER BITTORRENT ITS OFFICIAL AS WELL AS BEING BAREBONES INSTEAD OF HAVING USELESS ADDONS THAT TAKEUP TOO MANY DAMN SYSTEM RESOURCES YOU KNOW

SOMETHING SCREWS UP IN WINAMP AT SOME POINT AND THE WINAMP WINDOW WONT GO UNDER OTHER HIGHLIGHTED WINDOWS
I UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL WINAMP THINKING WITH UPDATES AND A FRESH START AND DOING THINGS RIGHT BY NOT ADDING ANYTHING THAT MAY JEOPARDIZE THE STABILITY OF WINAMP NOTHING WILL GO WRONG
AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS EVERYTIME AND EVEN IF I DONT EVEN CHANGE THE LOOK OF THE WINDOWS AND JUST IMPORT STUFF FROM 1 BIG FOLDER MAIN LOCATION WITH ALOT OF FOLDERS IN IT SOMETHING GOES WRONG
AND THE WINAMP WINDOW GOES OVER ALL THE OTHER WINDOWS AND EVEN IF I RESTART IT DOESNT WORK
SO I HAVE TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

THIS IS SO ANNOYING AND IT HAPPENS HABITUALLY
ITS FINE FOR A MONTH OR SO BUT THEN IT BREAKS AND I HAVE TO REINSTALL
IM TIRED OF REINSTALLING WINAMP OVER AND OVER.
PLEASE JUST FIX THIS BUG

(NOTE: THIS SCREENSHOT IS CROPPED AND WAS TAKEN BY HIGHLIGHTING THE FIREFOX WINDOW AND PRESSING ALT+PRINT SCREEN WHICH SCREENSHOTS A HIGHLIGHTED WINDOW BUT WINAMP IS OVER FIREFOX DESPITE BEING HIGHLIGHTED SO FIREFOX SHOULD BE OVER WINAMP)

(EDIT: MY URL SHOWED UP AS "URL submitted by user." THATS STUPID. SO IM GOING TO POST MY URL YOUTUBE STYLE AND IF YOU REALLY WANNA SEE THE SCREENSHOT THEN YOU GOTTA TYPE IT IN MANUALLY THANKS TO WINAMP FORUMS. http : / / img245 . imageshack . us / img245 / 9284 / 0zero0picscreenshot236m . png )

NOW
AS YOU CAN SEE
I HAVE FIREFOX IN THE BACKGROUND HIGHLIGHTED
BUT WINAMP WINDOW IN THE BACK IS OVER IT DESPITE FIREFOX BEING HIGHLIGHTED
THIS IS NOT GOOD.

ALSO SOMETIMES WHEN I LEAVE WINAMP OPEN FOR A WHILE THE "-" (MINIMIZE) BUTTON DOESNT WORK AND I DONT RECALL EXACTLY BUT I THINK SOMETIMES THE WINDOW IS AGAIN OVERLAPPING WINDOWS THAT ARE HIGHLIGHTED OVER WINAMPS WINDOW

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?
AM I THE ONLY ONE?
PERHAPS DIDNT NOTICE IT?
PERHAPS AFRAID TO REPORT IT?
PERHAPS HAVING A MODIFIED WINAMP THAT HAS A BUGFIX FOR THIS THAT STILL! ISNT IN THE MAIN WINAMP RELEASE FOR THE MAJORITY OF WINAMP USERS?

ALSO: AGAIN I AM SICK OF REINSTALLING AGAIN AND AGAIN...ITS NOT HEALTHY TO TREAT THAT LIKE A MAIN FUNCTION. ACCEPTING BUGS AS THE NORM ISNT GOOD. IT SHOULD BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY AND BE MADE THE BEST IT COULD BE. LIKE WHEN SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH GOOGLE TALK OR FIREFOX OR SOMETHING THEY NEVER SAY REINSTALL FIREFOX THEY ALWAYS FIX IT. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. I MEAN THERES ALOT OF SMART PEOPLE HERE. IM SURE FIXING A PROBLEM LIKE THIS WONT BE IMPOSSIBLE.

MINOR NOTES OTHER THOUGHTS I DONT KNOW WHAT FORUM TO PUT INTO: I WAS THINKING ABOUT SWITCHING TO ITUNES BUT THERES A KEY FEATURE IN WINAMP THAT ITUNES APPARENTLY DOESNT HAVE ALONG WITH ANY OTHER MUSIC PLAYER SO IM KIND OF FORCED TO USE WINAMP WHICH IS THE ABILITY TO SORT SONGS BY FILEPATH WHICH ALSO INCLUDES ALPHABETICALLY ALONG WITH THAT APPARENTLY BECAUSE I HAVE MY FOLDERS "ALRIGHT" ORGANIZED BY LOCATION AND THATS HOW I WISH TO BROWSE THEM
IF I TRY TO DO THAT WITH ITUNES I ONLY HAVE THE OPTION TO ARRANGE THEM BY ARTIST OR TITLE ETC
TITLE DOESNT MAKE SENSE AND SOMETIMES WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD SONGS THE ARTISTS ARENT LISTED
THEY ASSUME EVERY .MP3 HAS ACCURATE ARTIST ETC. WHEN PEOPLES WRITING OF THE FILE INFORMATION IS AS VARIED AS THE DIALECTS OF ENGLISH...AND MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES AND CULTURES OF THE WORLD
SO ORGANIZING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND RENAMING THEM TAKES FOREVER AND EVEN IF YOU HIGHLIGHT ALL THE FILES TO RENAME THEM SOMETIMES THEYRE REALLY VARIED AND NEEDS INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION SO ITS EASIER TO SEND THEM TO DIFFERENT CULTURES DYNAMICALLY INSTEAD OF GETTING INTO THE STATIC DIFFICULT INDIVIDUAL RENAMING OF FILES
NOT TO MENTION ITUNES IS EVEN WORSE CUZ ITS LAGGY AS HELL AND DOESNT IMPORT THINGS QUICKLY AND EASILY AS WINAMP
WINAMP JUST HAS A LITTLE BAR THAT COMES UP AND SAYS ITS IMPORTING AND THATS IT
ITUNES HAS THAT LITTLE BAR THEN IT SCANS EVERY INDIVIDUAL SONG WHICH TAKES FOREVER (HOURS) WHEN ID RATHER BE DEVOTING MY SYSTEM RESOURCES TO OTHER TASKS
BUT I DIGRESS.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:31   #2
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Wall of text crits you for 1 billion.
You die.

tl;dr.

And locked. Next time don't post in caps then I might read your post.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support