Old 18th May 2000, 21:29   #1
snowcamel

See note in Tecnical section also - after loading the latest version of winamp and some other goodies - directx7 and some vis plugins, I installed the latest version of winamp and got a fatal error on K32.dll - now I can use winamp at all - I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but that doesnt work - does uninstall also remove the info in the registry? Would that be a possible solution prior to reinstalling an earlier version that works - if it will work, can someone give me a step by step guide to backing up my registry and amending it in win95 as I know that if I get this wrong, my system wont work at all! Thanks
snowcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2000, 00:30   #2
ThunderFox

Send a message via ICQ to ThunderFox
I might have a solution...
fire up the registry editor and do a search for "nullsoft" and "winamp"... all keys and entries that are found this way, export them as .reg files and then delete the key from the registry...
DO NOT delete anything else!!!
Mind that this is on your own risk, it didn't hose my Win2K, but I don't guarantee you that it won't hose your Win95...
ThunderFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2000, 23:19   #3
snowcamel

Thanks Thunderfox!! I have finally solved the problem the long way by doing a disater recovery (all my mp3s were previously saved to cds), so I totally reinstalled the original software and then installed the previous version of winamp - works sweet as a nut now - must say you replied even faster then ASK STEVE - maybe he's on holiday or something, me , Im just impatient and couldnt wait any longer!

snowcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports