Old 14th May 2000, 06:07   #1
OnBeario

Someone posted a suggestion a few days (weeks?) ago that he was having a problem with Winamp that I was experiencing, too, namely that when playing an MP3 through Winamp, and then doubleclicking on another song while the first one was playing (or even enqueueing another song while one was playing), the playback would stutter/skip until it started the new song, or queued up the other song. Even if there was some hard drive activity while using Windows Explorer), it would cause the stutter.

He proposed (and it WORKED!) using the add/remove function in Control Panel to remove Winamp, and then install version 2.62 -- no more stutters! Thanks for the tip!! I love Winamp and MP3s, but was always driven crazy by the stuttering -- now I can enjoy the music without interuption!

OnBeario
Old 16th May 2000, 00:32   #2
OnBeario

Okay, okay... So I typed too soon...

While it SEEMED like WinAmp wasn't skipping/stuttering anymore when I used Windows explorer to start another song playing (with one already playing) or when I enqueued a song, when I was using my system later on, it was doing the old stutter thing again. I never had this problem with my P166+ Cyrix processor and 32 megs of ram -- I wouldn't expect it with a Celeron 366 with 128 megs of ram -- does anyone have any other ideas?! If so, please email me at OnBeario@Hotmail.com. Thanks!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support