Old 14th May 2000, 19:44   #1
alp_2420

Send a message via ICQ to alp_2420
HELP ME i just got winamp yesterday and i have no idea how to use plugins if you can help me please help me PLEASE, thank you.

anthony
alp_2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2000, 05:05   #2
jdeber2

Just right click on the top left of your player goto play then file and type in your desired plug in.
Once you enter one it will be in the drop down menu.

jdeber2
Old 15th May 2000, 07:19   #3
Tom

Anthony that is a pretty broad question but I'll give you a brief overview.

First off, plugins are enhancements to Winamp. They can add extra features, support different file types, add visuals, alter the output sound, etc.

To use a plugin first you must download and install it. Once you have downloaded it just double click the file you have downloaded and it will install it (you can also install it straight from the web site). Once you have installed it you should check that it is indeed installed to do so:
Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Now depending on what type of plugin it is it will be under the "Input" "Output" "Visual" "DSP/Effect" or "General" (if you look in the plugins directory of the Winamp folder you will notice that the plugins are catatgorized by a prefix system for input it is in_somename.dll for visual vis_somefilename.dll). Now to use the plugins it will differ slightly for each type, input plugins you do not have to do a thing they should recognize when they need to be used. But as a general rule:
Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
use the "visual" "output", etc. to locate the plugin you want press confgure and set it up like you want then if it say "Start" (i.e. visuals) then press start if not then just highlight (click on it once) then press close and that will activate that plugin. If you still have questions just ask.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support