Old 15th July 2010, 09:27   #1
Chahine

Button pressed events triggered late

Hi all,

I'm running into a very annoying problem : I'm catching the events "Next button pressed" and "Previous button pressed" using the following code into the WndProc function :

code:
if (message = WM_COMMAND) {
// Previous button pressed
if (LOWORD(wParam) == WINAMP_BUTTON_PREV) {
// Processing
}

// Next button pressed
else if (LOWORD(wParam) == WINAMP_BUTTON_NEXT) {
// Processing
}
}

By so, I noticed that those events were triggered only AFTER the new song has started to be played, which is not what I want. Indeed, I would like to use an algorithm to select the next played song each time the user skips the current song, I then don't want a new song to start before my algorithm has run.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

Thanks a lot.
Chahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 09:28   #2
griffins_Grader

First of all how are you subclassing winamp? I'd suggest you use Windows Hook.
griffins_Grader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:47   #3
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffins_Grader View Post
I'd suggest you use Windows Hook.
i really hope you're not suggesting the usage of SetWindowsHookEx and its related family of functions - that is just inappropriate and will cause more issues than it's worth.

doing a standard subclass via SetWindowLongPtr(GWLP_WNDPROC) is the recommended way to do it (or via the SubClass function in the OS on supporting clients).

@Chahine: most likely you need to process the message before you do CallWindowProc(..) since that should then mean you're processing before the native plug-ins / Winamp core does what is needed. however there are better methods to override the next track to play (either api_queue or if that is not present then IPC_GET_NEXT_PLITEM / IPC_GET_PREVIOUS_PLITEM (is only safe to use these directly if gen_jumpex.dll is not present as that implements the api_queue interface to wrap / control those messageS).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 11:14   #4
Chahine

Since I have gen_jumpex.dll, I guess I must use api_queue. But where is api_queue.h ? I can't find it in the SDK, and this (old) post suggests it is not there. Is the version you put in this post up-to-date ?
Old 29th July 2010, 13:41   #5
DrO

i've attached v1.0.1 of the header file (it is set to be shipped in the sdk but i've no idea if/when an updated version of it will ever be released unless i've missed it - had thought it had been rolled out but i guess not *shrugs* ).

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: h api_queue.h (6.3 KB, 254 views)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 14:36   #6
Chahine

I managed to do the job. Thank you for your help !
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development