Old 8th August 2011, 23:11   #1
dannidj

(SOS) streamauthhash (HELP)

hi i am trying to use Shoutcast 2 for the first time and what in the dem is this:
code:
streamauthhash=<enter_your_auth_key_here>

If this is somthink i need key for then where can i get it?

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
dannidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 23:19   #2
DrO

is good to know people read the getting started guide and / or the documentation for the configuration options. so...

ensure you are using the current version of the v2 DNAS -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324877

and then see http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...etting_Started which links you to the authhash specific guide.

btw, thread title was somewhat over the top don't you think?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 23:23   #3
dannidj

Well over the top =no bechuse i have a Hosting Company.

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 8th August 2011, 23:26   #4
dannidj

Well i was reading http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ement#Creating but now i am REALY Confused. They show a image there where you can generate a code but they have no link so this is for me realy no help. I am from Iceland and i do not under stand so mutch in English.

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 8th August 2011, 23:42   #5
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannidj View Post
Well i was reading http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ement#Creating but now i am REALY Confused. They show a image there where you can generate a code but they have no link so this is for me realy no help. I am from Iceland and i do not under stand so mutch in English.
It tells you "you need to click the Create Authhash link." - which is clearly shown on the image associated with that section of the instructions

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 04:54   #6
digiSal

the link to create the autohash is: http://yourip:8000/admin.cgi
digiSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 09:08   #7
DrO

/me bangs head on desk

firstly, shrink your signature size down, it is too large - keep the image or the text but not both.

secondly, http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/Image:Starting.png shows what will appear on the starting page i.e. http://yourip:8000/admin.cgi. if those links are not there then you won't have any options to create / manage authhashes in your DNAS install.

-daz
Old 10th August 2011, 21:14   #8
dannidj

ok i goat it to woork but when i click on the stream i get an error? How can i get all to woork Properly?
Mean when i click Listen.

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 11th August 2011, 00:56   #9
dannidj

Somone Please?

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 11th August 2011, 01:03   #10
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
ok i goat it to woork but when i click on the stream i get an error? How can i get all to woork Properly?
By fixing "the error" ... the error seems to be a secret, so you'll have to work it out for yourself
Quote:
ahh, how much do you know about networking, and Network Address Translation, and Routers etc?

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 10:57   #11
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
firstly, shrink your signature size down, it is too large - keep the image or the text but not both.
action this asap or it will be done for you.

Quote:
click listen 'where' on the SHOUTcast site, in the DNAS? and what error? what does the DNAS report for the connection attempt?

you cannot expect 'help' when you're not giving information which allows anyone to work out what is going on. also bumping a post a few hours is not looked on very well.

-daz
Old 11th August 2011, 19:02   #12
dannidj

i mean when i click Listen on the Shoutcast Server Site and copy the url and open it with VLC i get login.

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 11th August 2011, 21:22   #13
DrO

1) you have made sure you have an authhash for the stream you're trying to connect to? i.e. having done http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management

2) the stream is not showing 'no YP connection' on the summary page? this assumes you've set it to be public. as the DNAS will not allow client connections unless there is a YP connection if it has been set to be public.

those are the two main ways i can think off to make VLC show a login prompt - as a working connection will not lead to a login prompt appearing.

-daz
Old 17th August 2011, 20:36   #14
dannidj

uuhhh what do you mean? Sorry my english is not good.
But to be hornest i think the Shoutcast 1.9.8 is much better bechuse Shoutcast 2 is sooo Hard to learn. Specialy for ppl like me who are disabled person like i am. I an 75% disabled person and it is realy hard for me to learn stuff I do not wan to be bad or anythank. just wanned to say my point.

Daníel B. J. Guðrúnarson
Owner – Webmaster
Krúttin ehf
TAX Number – 131780
Old 18th August 2011, 08:43   #15
DrO

if you prefer the v1 DNAS then no one is going to stop you using that, however if you have a bug with it then the only recommendation will be to upgrade to the v2 DNAS if it has a fix in it. the only key difference is that you need an authhash (as i've directed you on how to get) when running in YP2 mode - you can even set the DNAS to run in YP1 mode without the need for an authhash but then you can only provide one stream from the DNAS.

with the prior post, you need to have an authhash associated with a stream to get it listed (if that is wanted) - looking at the stream summary pages will show if there is a YP connection or not. if there is no YP connection then clients will not be able to connect - that is how the v2 DNAS works as allowing clients on an incomplete setup is not valid and so it forces you to a) setup things correctly or b) wait for the YP connection to be made.

otherwise just set the connected source(s) to work in private mode or publicserver=never in the config file and you'll never hit the YP and have to worry about the authhash.

-daz
Old 11th September 2011, 23:22   #16
gineta

Solution

Hi The solution to teh problem is easy
When you no get the link for Create the key
You need first open the file and remove any text after streamauthhash_1=
After that save the file
If you use linux chmod 777 sc_serv_public.conf
Now go to the admin page reload and you see the link for create the hash
After is create make