Old 17th September 2011, 13:36   #1
oLRi

Authhash not beeing saved

Hi There,

I'm trying to create a StreamAuthHash for my Shoutcast2 Stream. admin.cgi says: "Created" so everything seems to be fine, but no authhash is saved to my config.
The Log-File says:
code:
2011-09-17 15:31:52 E msg:[SRC 9x.xxx.xxx.xxx:50211] Socket error while waiting for data. err=Connection reset by peer(104)
2011-09-17 15:31:52 E msg:virtual void AOL_logger::consoleLogger_element::log(const AOL_logger::message&) Error writing to console - write issue

Whats curios is: Connection reset by peer? The SRC IP is the IP from the client i'm connection to admin.cgi (its not localhost).
What am i missing?
oLRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 13:51   #2
DrO

that's a log message for the Source which isn't related to authhash creation. it should be in the file though it's likely if it's not for the first stream that it's saving but not adding the streamid_x=x line to the output (which probably explains the few thousand redundant authhashes in the system). so you'd need to check the config file for 'streamauthhash_x=....' entries without a matching streamid_x=x entry (this is fixed for the next drop of the DNAS as / when i get a chance to finish the other things i need to do with it).

the inability to write to the console error is most likely from the shell instance having stopped such as after a log rotation and not being kept / having timed out (not much can be done about that as it's something with the setup of the machine being used) or to disabling screen logging of the DNAS output.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 18:11   #3
oLRi

Hi daz,

Thank you...the problem was i didn't add a empty: streamauthhash_ID - Tag in my config.
I thought Shoutcast would add it on demand by it self.
Thank you, everything working fine now
oLRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 22:04   #4
DrO

the dnas will auto-add the streamauthhash_x part as long as it has write access which should be notified if that cannot happen. it's just the streamid_x=x which isn't auto-added which is needed (though i'm pretty tempted to drop the whole streamid part from the config files to make it simpler against how people work with things anyway).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support