Old 19th August 2013, 09:23   #1
yayou

Self erased History ?

Hi everybody,

I've been through this strange problem this morning and it's not the first time. I launch Winamp and my History is empty whereas it contained thousand of songs the day before and in my preferences I've told Winamp to preserve the historic for 1000 days. Do you know what could cause this ? I've reinstalled my laptop 4 days ago so my winamp installation is still fresh.

thanx for having read.
yayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 08:59   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
I am a little cloudy on this myself, but my understanding is that the history function uses a small DB file, the way the main ML uses its own big DB files. when it corrupts (in either case) it goes blank, and unusable, and is supposed to give you an error msg and a button to fix to allow you to start again from scratch, (so not recovering previous data).

is this your issue? or is it there and working, just that the entries are missing?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 14:13   #3
yayou

I didn't received an error message. I've juste seen that the entries were missing.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:57   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

so it appears, but the entries are just missing. that's weird. do new entries appear when you play stuff?

--
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:40   #5
yayou

Yes it is. All of my thousand of songs disappeared without known reasons but new played entries appear.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:07   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayou View Post
I've reinstalled my laptop 4 days ago so my winamp installation is still fresh.
you've not said how you maintained the prior Winamp install i.e. was it by using the backup tool or manually doing things and also what Winamp version? what OS? i.e. you've not provided an info report to help see what your Winamp install is like -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

as everything you're otherwise describing matches with an incorrect restoring of a backup or just not restoring anything (as any recent Winamp version would provide an error message if there's an issue with the loading of the history db which doesn't seem to be the case from what you've provided so far).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:39   #7
yayou

Ok, DrO. So this is some info:
Winamp version: 5.6

Before reinstalling my winamp installation, I only backup my playlist and my historic (saved as a playlist too). Then I download the last stable winamp , install and reconfigure it and then copy the playlist and the Historic with introplay. And that's all.

Just one last thing. Since few days, everytime I close Winamp, I have an error:
runtime error R6031. This type of error occurs because of an "attempt to initialize the CRT more than once. This indicates a bug in your application.

This is briefly what is dispayed but I can't confirm that this appeared the same day of the Historic bug. According to eHow, this could be solved by a trick in the registry.
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:12   #8
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you've not provided an info report to help see what your Winamp install is like -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
with the confusing information you've provided in your post, an info report is imperative to be provided (especially with the R6031 based error issue).
Old 16th September 2013, 13:54   #9
yayou

This is my Winamp Info tool result:
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (12.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 16th September 2013, 14:28   #10
MrSinatra
Forum King

u have all kinds of 3rd party plugins. try running in "safe mode" and seeing if the problem persists.

--
Old 16th September 2013, 17:30   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi yayou,

I see things from the Essentials Package and a few more made by DrO, most of which I use myself without any problems. But it would be good to know if Safe Mode makes a difference.

If you need to know how, go to General Perferences and select the header for the Plug-ins section. There is a button on the lower right for restarting in Safe Mode.

If you want to run in Safe Mode for awhile, add "/safe" to the end of the command line in the Winamp shortcut (if I remember correctly).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 19:31   #12
DrO

it just looks like the current Essentials Pack (based on the versions shown) though gen_classicart.dll did cause that issue for me and koopa before the v5.65 release though the most recent Essentials Pack included a fixed gen_classicart.dll.

so along with the safe mode suggestions, try removing gen_classicart.dll. from the Winamp\Plugins folder since you're using the 'Winamp Modern' skin and so that plug-in generally isn't needed anyway.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:02   #13
yayou

Men, thank you so much for your assistance. I'll try your advices as soon as I am at home.

DrO, I use gen_classicart because it's the only way for me to have the Album field along with the Historique and the Visualisation with the skin I love: Modern skin. So I would appreciate being able to use it.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:23   #14
DrO

ok that's fair enough, it's just not the norm for people to use the plug-in like it (even though i coded the support to allow it to work under a modern skin if needed).

and just to clarify above, it's /SAFE=1 if you append it to the command to run Winamp and not just /SAFE as was noted above (just seen it).
Old 21st September 2013, 09:10   #15
yayou

That the beauty of the things, DrO. When someone do something, he can never predict the scope of its action. Your plug-in is really a great thing for me and I must say thank you man because I can't keep from using it.
So finally I restarted Winamp in safe mode and that solved the problem. I didn't tried to remove gen_classicart.dll because it's a little bit tricky to embed it in modern skin. But I think that you are right, DrO. The problem must be the plug-in beause it's the only plug-in which gave me some difficulties when trying to use with modern skin. So is there a way to solve my problem without droping this plug-in?
Old 21st September 2013, 09:49   #16
DrO

the newer version at http://nunzioweb.com/daz/gen_classicart/ should resolve the R6031 error. looking back at the info report, you have v0.92 but that issue has been resolved with v0.93 - the v1.0 has the same fix included in it as v0.93 had.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:10   #17
yayou

Ok thanx again, men. I'll try it and then I'll let you know.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:01   #18
yayou

Finaly I deinstalled my album_art plug-in and winamp essential pack v5.64 and installed winamp essential pack v5.65. The problem is solved.
Thanx a lot men, for your patience, assistance and expertise.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:07   #19
DrO

eh? you only needed to install the plug-in installer just from my site - i really don't get why you've installed multiple versions of the EP when that is not what i said.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support