Old 20th February 2002, 22:51   #1
llenroc

nomad jukebox

I own a nomad jukebox, 6gb just to say, anyways, i like it alot, its really a great thing to have. now heres the catch, i wanna be able to play files off it AND off my pc in the same little shuffled playlist, you know, and i cannot for the life of me find a plugin to do this. with playcenter, you can play files, but theres also a catch, that it doesnt play out of the pc, it plays out of jukebox headphone or line out jacks.. so im kinda figuring the dilemma is that the jukebox is not programmed to play files over the usb cable, yet it does allow for file transfer back to the pc, which i would think means that a well adept programmer could get the jukebox to be seen by winamp, which i know is possible through the jukebox sdk that creative has on their site, and then get the file sent, or buffered rather, on the host pc, and then played, i mean.. i would think that at 3megs a second, you could get an mp3 to start transfering, and then begining playing that mp3 almost without pause, because the transfer rate should be faster then the read rate.. then you could just rewrite over this temp file when the next jukebox file is chosen.. basically you'd have the jukebox files listed almost like url listings in the playlist, a file that is known to exist, but not quite here yet.. well anyways, i dont know how to program this well.. i know some c++, but nothing gui, and i have no idea about dlls.. ie, plugins.. so.. i guess my question is who would be willing to write such a beauty of a plugin for a poor lil sap like myself?! aheha, aight, any response would be great. peace.
llenroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion