Old 2nd May 2000, 18:33   #1
sappy

Using v2.62 I've come across a little annoyance when playing cds, when the track changes a one second burst of the track is played before it is played properly.
Old 2nd May 2000, 20:47   #2
Olivier

Yes that's a bug in in_cdda.dll plugin.
This can be, for the moment, solved by using another plug-in for the audio CD: in_cdreader.dll (see http://www.url*****~copah/). This plug-in uses the DAE (Digital Audio Extraction) function of the cd reader (no audio cable needed).
Then, you can use output plug-in like SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading, Dudsoft Gapless, or Nullsoft Crossfading, to prevent winamp doing mess and pauses between tracks... and this is also valid for mp3.

But yes, there is still a bug, and in_cdda.dll must work w/o any problem.
Old 9th May 2000, 00:14   #3
Rudyatek

Any idea as to when this bug is going to be fixed? It's very annoying. I'm forced to use in_CDReader.dll now, which works great except for the CDDB lag and the fact that the audio isn't coming through the CD Line anymore (which can be bothersome when you're working with CPU intense applications and the CD playing starts to stutter).
Old 22nd May 2000, 12:03   #4
Wim

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olivier:
Yes that's a bug in in_cdda.dll plugin.
This can be, for the moment, solved by using another plug-in for the audio CD: in_cdreader.dll (see http://www.url*****~copah/). This plug-in uses the DAE (Digital Audio Extraction) function of the cd reader (no audio cable needed).
Then, you can use output plug-in like SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading, Dudsoft Gapless, or Nullsoft Crossfading, to prevent winamp doing mess and pauses between tracks... and this is also valid for mp3.

But yes, there is still a bug, and in_cdda.dll must work w/o any problem.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Olivier,
Are you sure that it really is a bug in in-cdda.dll? Because I'm trying many things to solve it, but when it is a bug I can quit trying!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports