Old 1st May 2000, 06:55   #1
Petah

Is it me, or has there been a great increase in the time it takes for winamp to load and process shtuff? it also seems that the memory usage has gone up up up.. though i don't really have the right to poke at the greatest media player for the windows platform..i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if there's anyone out there hording pre-2.6 versions for download..
Petah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2000, 00:27   #2
bmilacek

Send a message via ICQ to bmilacek
I have definitely seen a dramatic decrease in performance after upgrading to 2.62. I used to have no problems, but now when I play music, the whole computer gets really slow except for Winamp. Running system monitor reveals the culprit. Before running Winamp, Kernel CPU usage is low, about 40% max idle. But, immediately goes to 100% usage after starting Winamp, and goes back down after closing it. I have tried all the buffer settings and what not with no success. I will be reverting back the 2.22 version to avoid this, but would like it fixed in future versions.
bmilacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2000, 00:26   #3
ThunderFox

Send a message via ICQ to ThunderFox
Hello there... I am running the Winamp 2.61 since 2.62 fucked up bigtime in Win2K yesterday(about 10 hours after I installed the damn thing)...

Want it? Send me an email... it is working perfectly and not stealing CPU time at all...
riva@telia.com
ThunderFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports