Old 28th April 2000, 15:18   #1
caddog

Send a message via ICQ to caddog
Need help, I was told that on big playlists it is good to have winamp not show the time of songs until they are played. To save some memory......... is this true ? how do I do this ?
caddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2000, 19:10   #2
gl0ry

Send a message via ICQ to gl0ry
I don't think its possible to do that. Im not positive but im pretty sure thats not possible. I always just add the songs i want to listen to. Why need a playlist when u can just add it and listen to what u need?
gl0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2000, 19:22   #3
WalrusSP

Send a message via AIM to WalrusSP
You can do this in Preferences/Options. At the top of that window is Read titles on: Demand Load. If you check only demand, your playlist will load very quickly and will only read the time/title info when you either scroll around in the playlist or play a song. Unfortunately, this causes quite a slowdown in scrolling in your playlist. The best option I found is to create your playlist, Select All with CTRL-A, and Read Extended Info On Selection with CTRL-ALT-E. This will take a little while to read, but it will then have all of the times and title for all of the songs. If you then save it as an M3U playlist, Winamp will save the times and titles with the playlist entries, making any future use of a playlist quite quick. That was kind of long, but I hope it makes sense...
WalrusSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2000, 03:19   #4
GiGGLeBytE

WOULD U KNOW HOW TO SOLVE A PLAYLIST PROBLEM I AM HAVING? U WILL SEE MY TOPIC QUESTION WITH THE REST OF THEM. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT.

GiGGLeBytE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support