Old 6th September 2011, 20:42   #1
NOISEfm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
YP problem at DNAS 1

Hi we just start our second server.

Both of servers works at DNAS 1 software because DNAS 2 loose stability too many times with many users.

I have the noob question to all shoutcast community members.

Why our main and relay server have own entry in YP

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/noisefm

For us it is quite sad news, we counted the number of users from the second server will sum up to the first.
As a result, we get one entry contains the total number of listeners.

It is not. I wonder what could be the reason for this state of affairs.
The configuration files are set to allow a public relay.

Very please help. probably made ​​a simple error, but the documentation for the old software on the network is unavailable.

Using a new software version is not an option, because its stability under load that we generate is tragic.

Thanks so much!
NOISEfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 22:03   #2
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEfm View Post
Both of servers works at DNAS 1 software because DNAS 2 loose stability too many times with many users.
not stable in what way? what build of the v2 DNAS did you try? why not post about the issues beforehand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEfm View Post
Why our main and relay server have own entry in YP

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/noisefm
i'm not 100% on the reason for the difference though it's most likely the YP has seen the two are different enough that it won't collate them into the same entries. alas using the v2 DNAS would allow you to do that even if running two instances by using the same authhash for both of the streams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEfm View Post
Using a new software version is not an option, because its stability under load that we generate is tragic.
alas you're not going to like this but the v2 DNAS is only one which has developer resources behind it, hence if there is something wrong with it under heavy loads then i really need to know so i can advise / do something to resolve it as applicable.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 22:19   #3
NOISEfm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Quote:
not stable in what way? what build of the v2 DNAS did you try? why not post about the issues beforehand?
Yes. We used the latest software available on the website.
Downloaded few days ago.
The server loses its stability in case of a number of users above 300th
The tests several times achieves 1040 ppl online
Then, without paying any message server process is stopped.
No logs no any data about shutdown.

I will add the software working on SUSE Linux, running on 64 bits.

Quote:
i'm not 100% on the reason for the difference though it's most likely the YP has seen the two are different enough that it won't collate them into the same entries. alas using the v2 DNAS would allow you to do that even if running two instances by using the same authhash for both of the streams.
I understand that in the case of entries currently visible in the YP directory.
They should be aligned by software running on the Nullsoft?

YP operate by comparing the entries and then combine them?

This question is very important, because I have no idea whether the problem lies on our side or on the side of YP


Quote:
alas you're not going to like this but the v2 DNAS is only one which has developer resources behind it, hence if there is something wrong with it under heavy loads then i really need to know so i can advise / do something to resolve it as applicable.
The best part is that we have no idea why the software suddenly stops working.

Everything comes stable and suddenly boom.
sc-serv demon disappears from the system without any information.

Does not slow, does not cache, just stops working.
NOISEfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 22:25   #4
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEfm View Post
Then, without paying any message server process is stopped.
No logs no any data about shutdown.
the log file leading up to the issue (if it even exists still) might give an idea of what is causing the issue as just it crashing out doesn't give me anywhere as a starting point to begin looking into the issue and could even be from something else. as i know some song titles received will cause the linux versions to crash (something that has been resolved internally for the next release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOISEfm View Post
YP operate by comparing the entries and then combine them?

This question is very important, because I have no idea whether the problem lies on our side or on the side of YP
The YP will allocate each YP add with an id, which is based on a number of values from the information provided by the stream. I cannot check the specifics until tomorrow, but it could be something between the two is not the same or close enough which causes the non-merging of the stations. Or it's just the YP being it's old quirky self and just not following how it's meant to work (since it also has ironically a tendency to merge unrelated stations at times).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 22:55   #5
NOISEfm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the log file leading up to the issue (if it even exists still) might give an idea of what is causing the issue as just it crashing out doesn't give me anywhere as a starting point to begin looking into the issue and could even be from something else. as i know some song titles received will cause the linux versions to crash (something that has been resolved internally for the next release).
We will try to deliver logs, if you are somewhere on the server.

But the problem is this:
Logs information is presented only to accept incoming connections and break off at the moment when the software stopped working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
The YP will allocate each YP add with an id, which is based on a number of values from the information provided by the stream. I cannot check the specifics until tomorrow, but it could be something between the two is not the same or close enough which causes the non-merging of the stations. Or it's just the YP being it's old quirky self and just not following how it's meant to work (since it also has ironically a tendency to merge unrelated stations at times).

-daz
We will be very pleased if you check for us what the problem.

first server is configured to broadcast, the second to relaying.

Both are set to public YP.

and entries on the YP page look the same.

Have a good night.
NOISEfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
dnas1, relay

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump