Old 13th September 2011, 21:00   #1
SUNSCREEN99

sigh

Hi is there a way to fade to a higher priority playlist from a playlist, so jingles are able to play remotely on time, like the way the internal playlist fades to DJ source.. as soon as it can.. not after the next track plays out

basically the jingles need to override the DJ and The internal playlist
SUNSCREEN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 08:15   #2
DrO

it requires fundamental changes in the way the Transcoder works to get it to do hard-cuts rather than waiting for the current file to stop playing.

it's on my long list of Transcoder related wishes / changes but hasn't had anything done to look into making the changes needed due to other higher priority jobs i need to work on.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 13:10   #3
SUNSCREEN99

please please fix that ...and tbh the delay of it it handing over to the DJ from playlist or lower priority DJ is kinda of unacceptable too, Do you realize how skewed a DJ schedule would end up the last DJ would be going home at 4:00 in the morning at that rate when you combine the slow reaction time, and the fact that some mixs and tracks will go on for nearly 15 minutes that would kinda of defeat the idea of the calendar.
SUNSCREEN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 16:05   #4
DrO

i do realise that some people don't like how it skews things (and was one of the first things i logged as something that needed to be changed) but that's how it was implemented before i took over development of the transcoder and until time is allocated to work on it, there's not going to be a change to the behaviour any time soon (DNAS & YP at the main focus).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support