Old 15th September 2011, 02:10   #1
hescominsoon

authhash getting "lost"

when i restart the sc serv process and i log into the admin interface it says there is no authhash(even though it is in the conf file) i have to recreate the authhash. This is on centos 5.7 with build 29 of sc2. any ideas?
hescominsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 09:04   #2
DrO

is there a 'streamid' entry matching to the stream config number e.g. if you have streamauthhash_2=xxxxx then there needs to be a streamid_2=2 option.

this is something i recently fixed in the internal DNAS build (as it wasn't automatically doing it) and is probably the cause for a mass of duplicated authhash i see in the YP database.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 10:27   #3
hescominsoon

aha..okies I'm not using stream 2 yet..so it is not filled in...looks like i'll have to remove the second stream bits from the conf file until i am ready to test it directly.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:31   #4
DrO

i've only used stream#2 as an example but there's nothing stopping you leaving the setup in the config file. also if you've been re-creating a large number of new authhashes i'm going to need to have some details pm'd (such as station name used, any authhash which were successfully saved) so i can find the 'dead' ones and remove them.

-daz
Old 15th September 2011, 10:40   #5
hescominsoon

well what's interesting is i did not have this issue until i added the stream 2 details..so i'll remove them and then see if any of them save...i'll get back with you after work tonight via pm so you can nuke the dead ones.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:00   #6
DrO

it's only an issue on stream#2 due to the DNAS not auto-adding streamid_2=2 for you (which unfortunately didn't get caught during testing) though at least it'll be resolved for the next release (along with a number of other authhash management related issues).

though am wondering if the DNAS should drop the streamid config option or auto-fill it if it comes across option_x config entries as i never quite got the need for streamid when i took over development of the tools (but that's just me meandering in thought now, heh).

-daz
Old 15th September 2011, 11:09   #7
hescominsoon

;DNAS configuration file
;Made with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

password=************
adminpassword=************
portbase=9005
requirestreamconfigs=0
logfile=/home/radio/shoutcast/sc_serv.log
w3clog=/home/radio/shoutcast/sc_w3c.log