Old 18th September 2013, 20:51   #1
zasnemo

Shuffle MP3 Player

Hi guys,

I bought this new cheap mp3 player and Winamp asked me to manage the device.

So I synced a few albums but when I play the songs on my mp3 player, it plays them in order (artist by artist). There is not shuffle button on the device and no screen to select the songs (it's a ripoff of the ipod shuffle basically). Anyway, is there any way that I can shuffle the songs? does pmp_usb.ini have anything to do with this?

Any solutions?

Thanks.
zasnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 21:09   #2
DrO

there's nothing in pmp_usb.ini which can help with the issue you're having. other than probably transferring a file at a time in a randomised order by you (as our sync mode pre-sorts things and cannot be easily disabled i.e. there's no config option and involves a lot of work) then i don't think you're going to be able to achieve what you're wanting to do with the cheap mp3 player.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 21:51   #3
zasnemo

there must be a way to shuffle the songs... this is crazy :P
Old 18th September 2013, 22:00   #4
DrO

not knowing what this cheap mp3 player even can do, what i've posted above is the only options i know off based on other cheap mp3 players i've seen over the years i.e. the order of playback is based on the order that files are added to the player.

and as i tried to explain, how Winamp's transfer setup works, it doesn't allow you to control the order of things which is why there is no setting or anything else without a mass of code changes (which is not going to happen as that's days of work which no one is going to pay for) to even attempt to achieve it (and that assumes that this cheap mp3 player doesn't do it's own thing and mess up all of that).
Old 18th September 2013, 22:21   #5
zasnemo

Hey DrO

Thanks so much for your response. I get what you say. I've verified that the player plays the songs in order of when it they are added. It's a shame that when adding a randomized playlist the program pre-sorts it by artist. But I'm noone to judge on that because I don't understand the coding.

Adding 1 song by 1 is going to be a lot of work so I still need to find a better solution. If anyone has any good ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!
Old 18th September 2013, 22:41   #6
zasnemo

Found the perfect solution:

http://www.ghacks.net/2008/05/18/copy-random-files/

Quote:
Mix2Stix was primarily designed to copy random mp3 files from the hard drive to an USB stick or mp3 player to ease the pain of selecting the music manually. It provides a one click solution with a few comfort functions which I will explain later in this article. The user has to set four parameters after program start that define the process.
Old 19th September 2013, 00:08   #7
DrO

rightio, Winamp's mode was never really setup for the type of device you're using and was more aimed at the fuller featured iPods, etc where such behaviour can be controlled by the device than how and where things are stored on the storage medium of the device.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:06   #8
zasnemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
rightio, Winamp's mode was never really setup for the type of device you're using and was more aimed at the fuller featured iPods, etc where such behaviour can be controlled by the device than how and where things are stored on the storage medium of the device.
Makes sense.

I had to buy the cheap mp3 player cus a friend fried my iPhone's audio Jack or something and I can't hear my music out of the LEFT channel
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support