Old 8th February 2007, 20:44   #41
doodle2

Hey guys, I don't know if this is because of the new beta version, but in the last couple of days I'm having a weird problem with Winamp and my multimedia keyboard.

I'm using Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 along with this latest beta of Winamp, and whenever I press the "Next" button on the keyboard to drift away to the next song, Winamp, for some weird and unknown reason, skips two or three songs every time, instead of just skipping to the next one. This happens with shuffle both on and off. Skipping the songs manually with the mouse or with the global keyboard shortcut (ctrl+alt+pgdn etc.) works great.

To make sure, I've checked the global hotkeys config in the preferences window -- all seems good.

What is causing this problem?
Thanks for the help!
Old 8th February 2007, 21:39   #42
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
i'm not sure if it's an ML engine thing or not but i'd like secondary (and possibly tertiary) column sorting with the ML views please. keep up the great work.
It sorts by multiple columns, but the choice of columns is predefined. I feel that it is more usable this way.

It depends on what the column you sort on is, but it's generally artist -> album -> disc -> track -> title
Old 8th February 2007, 22:28   #43
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by doodle2
Hey guys, I don't know if this is because of the new beta version, but in the last couple of days I'm having a weird problem with Winamp and my multimedia keyboard.

I'm using Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 along with this latest beta of Winamp, and whenever I press the "Next" button on the keyboard to drift away to the next song, Winamp, for some weird and unknown reason, skips two or three songs every time, instead of just skipping to the next one. This happens with shuffle both on and off. Skipping the songs manually with the mouse or with the global keyboard shortcut (ctrl+alt+pgdn etc.) works great.

To make sure, I've checked the global hotkeys config in the preferences window -- all seems good.

What is causing this problem?
Thanks for the help!
try disabling the buttons in the microsoft software and see if that helps.
Old 8th February 2007, 22:39   #44
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
It sorts by multiple columns, but the choice of columns is predefined. I feel that it is more usable this way.

It depends on what the column you sort on is, but it's generally artist -> album -> disc -> track -> title
I can see a define case for people wanting it to go artist -> year -> album -> disc -> track -> title

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 8th February 2007, 23:37   #45
osmosis
Major Dude

yeah, i mean i like the default, and i think it should always be able to go back to that if you say click 3 times on one heading or something (ascending, descending, none ie default). but for filtering results from an ML query, having at least secondary sorting would be handy. and also agree with will's thought about making year a possible part of the chain. i think that was what spurred me to ask for it in the first place.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 9th February 2007, 01:25   #46
Cokebotle

Send a message via AIM to Cokebotle
Yay more Unicode support! Everything seems to be working fine for me (Windows XP Pro, with Japanese music). Only thing I noticed is that I can't see the tags in unicode via the Jump-to-File window. Not a big thing, just something I noticed.
Old 9th February 2007, 03:34   #47
Iceman_B

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS more Unicode support \o/
I'd love to test this, BUT, is there any way to install this next to my current winamp 5.32 install?
Old 9th February 2007, 04:40   #48
ujay
Forum King

Any chance of writing 'si_open=0' to 'winamp.ini' (or at least observing 'Automatically hide info on station tune out') when Winamp exits. The Modern skin screws up if the SI window is left open and has needed tidying up for far too long now

UJ
Old 9th February 2007, 05:36   #49
Kanpai

Send a message via AIM to Kanpai
Quote:
Originally posted by will
I can see a define case for people wanting it to go artist -> year -> album -> disc -> track -> title

I second this idea.

One problem i have though, is when an artist releases two albums/eps/what have you in the same year, and winamp sorts them alphabetically by album, even though it's not chronologically correct. Is there something that could be implemented in the ML to fix this?
Old 9th February 2007, 06:03   #50
jfern

I moved from 5.32 to 5.33 and my mp4/m4a files stopped playing. Help what should I do.
Old 9th February 2007, 06:25   #51
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by jfern
I moved from 5.32 to 5.33 and my mp4/m4a files stopped playing. Help what should I do.
What are your system specs (particularly processor) and operating system?
Could you upload a sample m4a file for us somewhere, eg. sendspace.com ?
Old 9th February 2007, 12:51   #52
niktheguru

Any reason why updating from 5.32 to 5.33beta in vista made my winamp completely reset itself. (i.e. all my settings and preferences back to default and media library empty?)
When i updated in xp i had the usual upgrade seamless experience, but no such luck in vista.

Nikhil
Old 9th February 2007, 13:07   #53
DrO

was your previous install using multi-user settings or not since vista effectively has forced us to enable multi-user settings with vista installs (not sure if the migration option is working correctly tho...). if not then i think benski maybe able to offer some more info since i don't have (and don't want to install vista on any of my machines)

-daz
Old 9th February 2007, 13:29   #54
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

For now, when upgrading from a 'shared' settings installation on Vista, you'll need to manually copy the settings files from "C:\Program Files\Winamp" to "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Winamp"

This is because Vista does not allow write for files in system & program dir's, and therefore all settings are written by default to the user's %appdata% dir instead.

The files you'll need to copy are:

Winamp root folder:
winamp.ini (main settings)
studio.xnf (modern skin settings)

Optional:
winamp.bm (bookmarks)
winamp.q1 (eq presets)
winamp.m3u / winamp.m3u8 (active playlist)

Winamp\Plugins folder:
gen_ml.ini (media library config)
contents of the "winamp\plugins\ml" folder (media library database)
cdinfo.db3 (audio cd database)
plugin.ini (optional / some 3rd-party plugins store config in here)

If you previously installed Winamp using the 'separate settings per user' option in the installer (which is now the default hard-coded option under Vista), then the upgrade to 5.33 should be seemless (ie. all settings etc will be preserved).

Hopefully, for upgrades from 'shared' to 'separate' user settings, a method will be devised for 5.33 Final to automatically copy over all the settings/database files.
We shall see...
Old 9th February 2007, 14:29   #55
jfern

Quote:
What are your system specs (particularly processor) and operating system?
Could you upload a sample m4a file for us somewhere, eg. sendspace.com ?
I am using WinXP SP2 with all the updates. My processor is AMD Athlon 64 (3400) 2.2 Ghz. Here isthe uploaded file link http://www.sendspace.com/file/ol5p1n

Thanks
Old 9th February 2007, 15:41   #56
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by jfern
I am using WinXP SP2 with all the updates. My processor is AMD Athlon 64 (3400) 2.2 Ghz. Here isthe uploaded file link http://www.sendspace.com/file/ol5p1n

Thanks
Thanks. I've found the problem and it will be fixed for the final release of 5.33.

If you don't want to wait, the fixed in_mp4.dll is here - http://stashbox.org/11819/in_mp4.dll Just download and copy to c:\program files\winamp\plugins
Old 9th February 2007, 16:44   #57
jfern

Quote:
Thanks. I've found the problem and it will be fixed for the final release of 5.33.

If you don't want to wait, the fixed in_mp4.dll is here - http://stashbox.org/11819/in_mp4.dll Just download and copy to c:\program files\winamp\plugins
Thanks. Great response time and it works. I am using Winamp+iZotope Ozone which gives me the best sound. Much better then any other Media player I have. I hated the idea of stop using Winamp even for a short time.
Old 9th February 2007, 17:42   #58
mnemo

Editing ID3v2

Although it's now possible again to edit the ID3v1 tag when an MP3 is playing under Vista, it's still not possible when the ID3v2 is changed. Also, it even cannot be changed when playback has been stopped! Winamp says: "Can't remove ID3v2 tag! Stop playback to unlock file and try again." Same for "insert ID3v2 tag". [Build 1079 Full, Vista Ultimate]
Old 9th February 2007, 18:07   #59
BKDotCom

Curious why these Vista people are using Vista.
New PCs, or just like headaches?
Old 9th February 2007, 18:12   #60
mnemo

Quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom
Put together a new PC and since I needed a new Windows licence, I bought Vista. It's gonna be on most new PCs anyway, so why bother with XP? I like it.

Back to the topic, seems like Winamp also still keeps hold of files that were dropped on the Winamp window from Explorer when the next file has been dropped already and is playing.

I mean:
1. Drop file A on Winamp window and let it play.
2. Drop file B on Winamp window and let it play.
3. Try to delete file A in Windows (Vista) Explorer -> won't do.
Old 9th February 2007, 21:02   #61
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom
I have been testing vista for a long time, but have it running dual boot with xp until all problems are ironed out. Seeing that all new computers are coming with vista its important that winamp becomes seamless with it which'll take time, so its good some of us are testing it out ;-)

Nikhil
Old 9th February 2007, 21:32   #62
mado_atg

winamp crashes everytime i try to go to preferences. i'm using xp and winamp pro 5.33beta
Old 10th February 2007, 02:33   #63
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by mado_atg
winamp crashes everytime i try to go to preferences. i'm using xp and winamp pro 5.33beta
Sorry, but we can't reproduce this.
What are the details of the crash error mesage?
Was this a clean install of 5.33 beta with no 3rd-party plugins?

What value do you have for the "prefs_last_page=" setting in winamp.ini ?

With Winamp closed, try setting it to:
prefs_last_page=789

which on next Winamp start should set the active prefs page to:
General Preferences > Titles
Old 10th February 2007, 09:22   #64
mado_atg

it was an upgrade from 5.32, with dynamic lybrary 2 beta and win lyrics 2.47 plugins installed.
the "prefs_last_page=" had a value of 832. i set the value to 789 and now it works
Old 10th February 2007, 23:06   #65
angelofmoon

Unicode works great guys. I haven't gotten a problem yet, and I'm -finally- able to listen to -everything- from my ZVM. This works great.

I am however getting random WinAmp turn offs. It would just close itself out.
Old 11th February 2007, 00:31   #66
bemymonkey

Hmmm... is the new ML format completely incompatible with the old one? Copying my ML backups to the C:\Users\Username\AppData\... folder didn't change anything (moving the other settings worked, though...).

I thought the new database format wouldn't work in pre-5.33 versions, not the other way around...?

Am I gonna have to manually export and reimport my ratings?...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11th February 2007, 01:00   #67
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Did you copy the entire "winamp\plugins\ml" folder over (and plugins\gen_ml.ini)?
Old 11th February 2007, 01:06   #68
bemymonkey

Yeap...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11th February 2007, 01:15   #69
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

bemymonkey, the broken video OSD should be fixed in this version, I wasn't able to reproduce it after Benski changed the code.

Can you verify, that it's fixed now?
Old 11th February 2007, 01:34   #70
bemymonkey

W00t, that sounds good - i'll check it out tomorrow morning since I'm lying in bed with my laptop right now ...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11th February 2007, 11:40   #71
shaneh
Major Dude

A fairly obscure bug:

When using:
SendMessage(wnd, WM_WA_IPC, (WPARAM)&m_wafe, IPC_FORMAT_TITLE_EXTENDED);

And you call:
SendMessage(m_wahwnd,WM_WA_IPC,idx,IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLEW);

inside the ATF callback, ATF processing no longer works for the rest of the tags (when returning 0 to let winamp do it). Calling the non-wide version:

SendMessage(m_wahwnd,WM_WA_IPC,idx,IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE);

Doesn't cause this to happen.
Old 12th February 2007, 16:26   #72
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
A fairly obscure bug:

When using:
SendMessage(wnd, WM_WA_IPC, (WPARAM)&m_wafe, IPC_FORMAT_TITLE_EXTENDED);

And you call:
SendMessage(m_wahwnd,WM_WA_IPC,idx,IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLEW);

inside the ATF callback, ATF processing no longer works for the rest of the tags (when returning 0 to let winamp do it). Calling the non-wide version:

SendMessage(m_wahwnd,WM_WA_IPC,idx,IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE);

Doesn't cause this to happen.
I don't see a reason for this to happen. Are you sure you're not changing the data that waFormatTitleExtended::filename points to somewhere in the process? This would cause IPC_FORMAT_TITLE_EXTENDED to start behaving strangely. If you're reusing a buffer when calling GETPLAYLISTTITLEW, it might explain why it's happening, and also why calling IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE works OK. But this is just a guess.
Old 12th February 2007, 17:55   #73
JeffL

The bug with the volume/scroll wheel is still there in Vista. Still can't scroll down to move the volume down, as previously reported (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....75#post2087775).
Old 12th February 2007, 18:19   #74
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
bemymonkey, the broken video OSD should be fixed in this version, I wasn't able to reproduce it after Benski changed the code.

Can you verify, that it's fixed now?
Seems to be fine - but I didn't check very long, my Winamp video's broken anyway...

Any news on Aero Glass compatibility? :P

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 12th February 2007, 18:31   #75
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I hate Vista :-p
Old 12th February 2007, 18:41   #76
bemymonkey

Yah, it does have its annoying sides - but they're nowhere near as much of a hassle as reformatting again for the fourth time in 3 weeks, hahah...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 12th February 2007, 18:47   #77
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
I hate Vista :-p
he says that but really he sleeps on a bed of vista ultimate cd's

Quote:
fourth time in 3 weeks
that's just fooking crazy that is to have to do that

-daz
Old 12th February 2007, 19:34   #78
tsyrjamaki

in2tv

will the problems with in2tv be fixed on this one?
Old 12th February 2007, 19:39   #79
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Re: in2tv

Quote:
Originally posted by tsyrjamaki
will the problems with in2tv be fixed on this one?
Which problems do you mean? That it's just available to users who live in the US?
Old 13th February 2007, 10:14   #80
jcdberkeley

Strange Media Library Watch Folder behavior

Unfortunately, I don't know if this 'bug report' will be worth anything; I had Winamp Essentials 5.3 installed, Last.fm installed, and Drag 'n Drop 1.2a installed.

That being said, when Winamp ran its first auto-scan of my library with 5.33b, something happened to alter the Last Updated value on 2,724 audio files to when they were scanned. [Out of 43,486 audio files, so the number is relatively small I suppose?] I have it set to re-scan every 360 minutes automatically.

I don't know what was changed or updated, though, as I can't seem to find a simple pattern to explain the files that were selected for updating. Many have special characters ('Tool - Ænema' or 'Múm' for example), but many do not (such as 'My Bloody Valentine - Loveless'), and many files with special characters were unchanged; e.g. some Múm was altered and some was not. It seems to have selected some albums completely (as in Loveless' case) and some individual tracks from otherwise untouched albums.

The updated files were also not confined to any one directory; the sampling seems uniform regardless of directory structure as far as I can tell.

In addition to the audio files, it looks like 43 (out of 2322) video files had their Last Updated value altered in the same way. Again, I can't see a pattern, and they mostly don't have metadata to begin with.

Is this a known issue, and is there any more information I can give to help sort it out?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion