Old 30th April 2014, 22:09   #1
wxrance

Triple song entrees problem

Like title says. But its not my whole library its just some of the artist. Can anyone help me with this please?
wxrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 22:18   #2
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and i'm not following what the issue actually is... a screenshot may also help.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 23:10   #3
wxrance

I will click on an artist album to open song list. And a song in the album will have 3 instead of one of the same song. I'm not running any plugins.
Old 30th April 2014, 23:21   #4
DrO

and i will re-request what i posted previously as i have no idea of what your Winamp install is like and those 2 items will give a better idea to try to determine what you're seeing and how to resolve it. and you're using plug-ins all the time as Winamp is plug-ins.
Old 1st May 2014, 04:56   #5
wxrance

[Edit > Koopa] Attached the report.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report.txt (12.9 KB, 79 views)
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:11   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi wxrance,

You were asked to attach long reports like this and not to copy and paste them. Use the advanced reply editor to attach things to posts.

There are suggested replacements for 2 of the plug-ins in the last AOL version released; in_mp3.dll and gen_jumpex.dll. Links are in the thread below.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=156839#known2

Are you sure you're seeing 3 of the exact same thing? Sometimes there could be a extra space between words which is easy to overlook. There may be copies in different folders. As mentioned above, a screenshot would let us see what you're seeing.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 02:58   #7
wxrance

Thanks for the help. I do believe i've fix it. Turned out i had my music in a few different places for some reason. And i don't know if you know this,but the link to redownload winamp links to some really funky place instead of a straight download.
Old 3rd May 2014, 06:47   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Glad you got things straightened out.

What site did the link you used go to? This site is now owned by Radionomy and is not able to provide the last AOL supported version for legal reasons. The site linked in post #2 of the thread below is recommended.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:56   #9
wxrance

I clicked on the link for the download to windows pc and it sent me to a page with some download manager on it. What ever you do don't click on it. I spent an hour cleaning up my pc from all the junk it installed. Claiming you need to download this to get Winamp and its right on your site. This site should have a straight link to download the program and not this other crap. That www. file hippo.com is crap.
Old 3rd May 2014, 17:55   #10
DrO

I think I know what happened...

when accessing the page without an ad blocker, an ad with a big green download button is showing (which appears below the actual download link) which can be determined by the > icon in the top right of that part of the page.

its something similar to what we saw with Google AdSense on the forums and led to us changing the as provider.

the actual download link from filehippo (as the latest version link at the top of the page) is safe, but obviously some ads of an undesired nature are being shown (when not using an ad blocker).

and as is pointed out above and in the news thread, we are not in a position where we can host the Winamp installer directly (as we're not allowed to due to licensing relating to the AOL version and terms of the sale) and so have to rely on external sites to do it (of which filehippo has generally been good over the years). but will see if anything can be done to avoid the bad as situation.
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:29   #11
wxrance

Thx for the reply. I see where i made the mistake.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support