Old 25th June 2010, 05:18   #1
mikeggsm

Output to mp3

Hi,

I would like to output what Winamp plays to an mp3 file (in particular old video game music files). Both the LAME MP3 Writer plugin and the Nullsoft MP3 output plugin almost always crash on all files I throw at them, video game music files or regular audio files.

It's a regular Windows application crash: "Winamp has stopped working" etc... (I am on Windows 7 64 bit)

The Disk Writer output plugin, which outputs to WAV, works perfectly every time but I would like automatic mp3 conversion if possible. Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks.

Last edited by mikeggsm; 25th June 2010 at 05:24. Reason: crash on everything, not just video game music files
mikeggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 19:53   #2
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

What about using RIGHT CLICK \ SEND TO \ FORMAT CONVERTER?
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 20:00   #3
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There isn't a solution, which directly creates MP3 files.

Most of the gaming plugins never were updated and don't support the transcoder API. So you have to live with the Disk Writer. Write wav files with the Disk Writer and use the Winamp transcoder (rt click in Playlist/Song Ticker/Library > Send to > Format Converter) to convert the files to MP3. Note that you have to be an registered Winamp Pro user, to use the mp3 encoder.

As for the MP3 output plugins, most of them are outdated and don't work with newer Winamp versions.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support