Old 18th June 2011, 00:34   #1
oarking

sc_serv crashes on new track and no metadata

so this wasn't happening yesterday nor the 4 days prior, then all of a sudden i wake up today the station is crashed, sc_serv crashes when it switches songs and the id3 tags aren't being transmitted which WAS working before last night.

the error that *randomly appeared last night* is as follows, the next track gets queued and as soon as it switches it says:
code:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): XML parser error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 7
Aborted

now i looked in the conf files and line 7 is commented out properly (it's part of a description not a command at all), *in fact* the error changes at random between line 7, 5, and 3.

i can relaunch sc_serv and it will play for 1 song just fine then crash all over again with the same error but a different line number.

the second part of this is that the metadata/id3 info suddenly doesn't work. if i restart everything then the metadata will show up correctly and be correct for a couple hours then suddenly it starts crashing all over again. in my sc_serv logs it says:

code:

2011-06-17 23:35:27 E msg:virtual void AOL_logger::consoleLogger_element::log(const AOL_logger::message&) Error writing to console

and in sc_trans it says:

code:

2011-06-17 23:34:06 E msg:virtual void AOL_logger::consoleLogger_element::log(const AOL_logger::message&) Error writing to console

and to drive my point home this all suddenly happened overnight when no one was tinkering with anything and probably no listeners at that time, but it still plagues me.
oarking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 07:58   #2
DrO

it's a combination of a sparodic bug in the v2 DNAS related to how it handles some title updates it receives from sources (so the line number is a reference to a part of the xml received for the title update and nothing to do with the config file).

because of that title updates will fail as it's not been able to process the new title data or in some cases will start kicking the source. that is also the likely cause of the logger errors since it's not able to display in the console what has been received.

basically to get it fixed you'll either have to wait for the next public release of the DNAS and Transcoder or if you're willing to then you can test with pre-release versions of the tools which are known to resolve the issues from other users who've tested them. would just need to know what OS you're running as to what compiles to provide (am assuming linux from the config files i'm working through now with your other issues - got to love beta software and having to work weekends to check things out).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 08:22   #3
oarking

i would be happy to try the prerelease and report all problems (as i have been already) and if it works as well as it has for you then i'll be glad to use it.

edit: linux 64bit and i use windows 7 32bit at home to attempt connecting to it with the dj software in winamp. you have my email if you need to send me anything.
Old 18th June 2011, 08:25   #4
DrO

is it linux you're using? and is 32-bit or 64-bit the preferred type?

-daz
Old 18th June 2011, 08:41   #5
oarking

yup linux 64bit.
Old 18th June 2011, 08:56   #6
DrO

pm sent with links to the test builds.

-daz
Old 21st June 2011, 06:24   #7
oarking

this is still happening alot, almost always JUST at nighttime which doesn't make any sense. right now i'm wrestling with it crashing song after song just to keep my station online. i'm kind of desperate here.
Old 21st June 2011, 17:09   #8
DrO

have replied to your email but i'm confused now on where you are or aren't with things (especially after seeing the above post which contradicts what was emailed ).

-daz
Old 21st June 2011, 17:41   #9
oarking

i'm confused too. i guess what i'm saying is this is still happening and the test build of sc_serv you sent me doesn't work. i'm stuck using the public release if it want my station online at all which has these errors and crashes regularly.

edit: scratch that, it decided to work this time, i took your URL suggestion. sorry about the mix up. i'll report back if it still crashes.
Old 7th November 2011, 23:12   #10
kmaneshni

Hi,

Is this issue resolved? I seem to be running into it now that I've upgraded to SC_SERV v2 Build 29 along with SC_TRANS v2.0.0 Build 54 (Beta).

So the error I'm getting:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): XML parser error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 8

[1]+ Aborted ./sc_serv sc_serv_basic.conf

The error seems to alternate between line 8 and line 9.

If there is a test fix I can use please let me know. I'm running 32bit Linux as my uname -a command displays:
Linux varuno 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:53:09 EST 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks!
kmaneshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 23:27   #11
DrO

only internally as there's not been a newer DNAS release since build 29 at the time of this reply.

if you've got non-english titles coming from the Transcoder (which should be filtering out most of the characters the DNAS doesn't like with build 54), then until a new DNAS is publically released, all i can suggest is trying to pre-filter any song titles if possible or exclude those files for the time being.

not a great solution but i'm only giving out test builds for issues which are new / not already confirmed as resolved - which this issue is already classed as internally resolved.

-daz
Old 7th November 2011, 23:33   #12
kmaneshni

any projected date on when a release that has this issue resolved going to be available?

is the issue with the file name of songs or ID3 tags or both?
Old 7th November 2011, 23:39   #13
DrO

there is no eta on when it will be released (was meant to have happened by now but other issues have cropped up which mean it's not running on any real schedule as such - especially as the new release depends on some YP updates which aren't in production yet).

it affects any title update the DNAS receives with certain characters which aren't truely utf-8 and are otherwise intended as just control characters (don't have the utf-8 code range to hand but is somewhere in the 128 to 255 range but cannot remember the specifics).

-daz
Old 7th November 2011, 23:50   #14
kmaneshni

then I'm curious why it didn't throw the error on this song which is currently playing fine:
<title seq="1">Javier Ãlvarez (Spain) - Por Qué Te Vas</title>
Old 7th November 2011, 23:54   #15
DrO

because it depends on the utf-8 character as some will trigger it since in the expat library used for the xml handling, certain values are not treated as being valid characters (language specific usage) which then gets thrown as an error when detected which on the non-Windows builds that error wasn't properly caught and so leads to the DNAS force closing. and in not all cases do some characters get ignored. either way it's internally fixed and that's all i will say (especially as it's too late to still be posting on here for me).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
console, error, metadata, sc_serv, sc_trans