Old 13th January 2013, 03:11   #1
smoshlak

Musicmatch

Okay, I don't know where to start, but I was one of the early users of MusicMatch, long before Yahoo screwed it up. I was also an earlier purchaser of WinAmp, many years ago and enjoyed the improvement in the music quality, when I was using MusicMatch. Please start checking your old registration files and start to get those e-mails out, to people like myself.

Thank you for bringing back a similar interface. I have been hoping for something that I am used to and works along the same lines, with a common user interface.

I would strongly suggest that you get the word out to folks who have had to settle for the Media Player, that comes with the Windows O/S and who loved the way the MusicMatch System operated.

I am going to upgrade to the Pro version, in about a week or so.

Thank you for your work and endeavors.

Last edited by smoshlak; 13th January 2013 at 03:12. Reason: Spelling error and punctuation
smoshlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 05:20   #2
alancarre

I desperately need a MusicMatch ripped file

Hello,

It appears to me like you are a person in possession of something of great and genuine worth to me. An mp3 file with a MusicMatch tag.

You see, I am working on a piece of software, one of whose tasks it is is to detect and parse a MusicMatch id tag. However, out of the thousands of mp3's on my system, NOT ONE OF THEM has a MusicMatch tag.

I believe the code I have right now is likely incorrect (ie. it came from sourceforge) but I have no way to test it without genuine data from a genuine sample of a file created with one of these tags. All I can do is fake it by tacking one on in the format I expect it to have. But all that proves is that I can read-in what I wrote-out. Not a very meaningful test.

I am not looking to pirate anything, you could record your own voice on a CD and rip it with Music Match software and upload it somewhere.

If you have files ripped with multiple versions of the program that would be even better. As it is, without any data I'm completely in the dark.

Thank you in advance if you can help. Or if you know someone, or something that can assist me in this endeavor.

- Alan
alancarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 17:52   #3
rockouthippie
Banned

The last time I tried to use Musicmatch (even though I paid for it), it wouldn't load up. It was a great player.... like you said.... pre Yahoo...

I think the mp3 patents ran off most windows media players on windows. You might like juk or rhythmbox on linux.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 18:26   #4
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Alan: you can still do it yourself

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Tags
email, musicmatch, player