Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 15th May 2011, 17:30   #1
deed02392

Winamp Remote - Flash player doesn't work, song never plays

I've set up and Winamp Remote and logged in via winamp.orb.com. However I'm unable to listen to any songs with the Flash player with locally, on the same machine it's installed on, or via my phone. However I am able to play the WMP stream on the same machine, but I note that on checking the stream address it is some other server altogether, so I presume that means I have my port forwarding set correctly.

On that not, I tried this yesterday with DMZ enabled and I was still not able to get the flash player to play any music. It simply displays the 'buffer wheel' indefinitely.

Could anyone point me in some direction to debug this? I have tried disabling the firewall and forwarding all ports listed, 554, 80-82 blah blah and as I say I tried DMZ so I doubt it's a firewall issue anymore. Are there logs available to take it further? Thanks.
deed02392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 12:07   #2
DrO

unless anyone else has used it, i don't know if you've going to get a proper response.

however, i'm just posting to say that Winamp Remote is no longer supported by Orb or Nullsoft (hence why there is no sub-forum now) so i'm not sure you're going to have much success in getting things working with it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
flash, orb, player, remote, winamp