Old 8th November 2013, 05:00   #1
kapitanluffy

how to use shoutcast.swf

Ive seen in the docs that there is this shoutcast.swf

How do you exactly use it? I have tried reading the forums but I can't see an exact documentation about this.
kapitanluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 08:58   #2
DrO

you take an existing swf file, rename it to shoucast.swf and place it in the same folder as the DNAS program file and when you access <address>/shoutcast.swf then it will provide it.

how well it'll work depends on the flash file being used as its just a way to get around cross-domain issues between flash and the DNAS if its not possible to enable the flash policy server features i.e. due to port restrictions.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 13:24   #3
kapitanluffy

oh. i was quite surprised the swf loads though i havent put a swf file yet. i think im sticking with <audio> tag for now. im stuck making the "artist" show up in the page.

I try loading the stream metadata and this is the response

http://pastebin.com/PuAhKgzp

The tpe1 mentioned in "DNAS_Server_JSON_Responses.html#Stream_Metadata" is supposed to be the artist but it doesnt show up. I checked the tags (id3v1 id3v2) and they have values
kapitanluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 13:37   #4
DrO

you shouldn't be getting anything loading on /shoutcast.swf unless you've got the same named file in the DNAS's directory.

update to the v2.3.3 build of the Source DSP (and ensure you're using Winamp v5.666).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Tags
flash, player