Old 26th May 2009, 15:19   #1
jaiyen

Filter options when browsing iPod thru Winamp

Ml IPod is a really great addition to Winamp for iPod users like myself, but there's one issue I have that will send me back to the standard winamp if i can't resolve it.

When browsing the contents of the iPod through Winamp, I can't make Ml Ipod give me any filtered views of the tracks.

Is this a recognised inability of the Ml iPod plugin (I have searched through the forums without reference to this issue), or am I overlooking something really basic in setting up the interface.

On regular Winamp I get filter options: "Toggle Album Art View", "Select Filters And Panes", and "Pane Options", but with Ml iPod there seems to be nothing like that.

cheers
jaiyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 03:35   #2
SyntaxGS

This has not been added, as it is a big pain in the ass to add with little payout. It's been requested and denied on several occasions.

One work-around you can do, is import your entire iPod into the Local Library. That way, you can listen to the tracks off your iPod, and have all the fancy Wmp55 filters.

80GB iPod (5.5G) // Latest Winamp // Latest ml_iPod
SyntaxGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:33   #3
jaiyen

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. 'Tis a shame though - browsing the ipod thru winamp makes it quicker to check newly added material and also gives a much better 'big picture' of what's on the device (ipod screen is tiny!).

I'll give the workaround a try though.

Thanks for your response.
jaiyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion