Old 21st November 2013, 21:22   #1
IAreKyleW00t

Ability to Queue a Song with Cmd Line?

I was wondering if anyone knows a way or knows a plugin that will let you QUEUE a song in a playlist? The only ones I've found were ones that let you Enqueue a song, but I need it to queue.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Through Cmdline would be best if that's out there. (Sorry if this is the wrong section)
IAreKyleW00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:41   #2
DrO

run winamp.exe /? for the syntax to use.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:26   #3
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
run winamp.exe /? for the syntax to use.
That doesn't really help me - There's no QUEUE function in that list it shows.
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:32   #4
DrO

it's at the very bottom of the information shown.
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:39   #5
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
it's at the very bottom of the information shown.

Still don't see anything like that. I'd like to be able to queue a song to play next from within the playlist I have loaded.
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:41   #6
DrO

you need to be using v5.66 (i should have said that at the start).
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:51   #7
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
you need to be using v5.66 (i should have said that at the start).
All it's doing is adding it to the Enqueue'd list - not the Queue. It also adds "QUEUE" in the list as well for some reason.

What I'm typing: winamp.exe /ADD \\QUEUE pathToFile

EDIT: Also, after updated from 5.65 -> 5.66 the winamp window shows up like this now?
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:55   #8
DrO

oh well, looks like i broke that as well *wonderful*

though if it's adding the 'QUEUE' item then that should only happen if the JTFE plug-in is not installed (as that's what adds that functionality).

and i'm aware that for some people the title thing is happening (though is not happening under my tests), so an info report would be helpful -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:00   #9
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
oh well, looks like i broke that as well *wonderful*

though if it's adding the 'QUEUE' item then that should only happen if the JTFE plug-in is not installed (as that's what adds that functionality).

and i'm aware that for some people the title thing is happening (though is not happening under my tests), so an info report would be helpful -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
I'll generate a report for you, but how can I download the JTFE plugin? The links aren't working for the download.

EDIT: The plugin is actually installed when I just checked. JTFE v1.3 (Build 1205)
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:03   #10
DrO

you need to ensure it's a checked option in the installer. and the links don't work as i've not restored it to my site (as per the "news" note on the homepage of my site).
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:10   #11
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
you need to ensure it's a checked option in the installer. and the links don't work as i've not restored it to my site (as per the "news" note on the homepage of my site).
I verified that it's installed and even reinstalled Winamp and made sure it was checked.

I tried a clean install on a Virtual Machine (Win 7 x32) and it still didn't work. JTFE is installed.

Eg: winamp.exe /ADD \\QUEUE pathToSong

Enqueue list shows:
... whatever was already in the Enqueue list...
QUEUE
Song Name

and nothing is added to the queue. Also, I guess it doesn't search for songs within that playlist. You gotta manually put the path in.
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:52   #12
IAreKyleW00t

So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Do I need to change a setting? I have JTFE 1.3 installed, but the: /ADD \\QUEUE command still isn't working, even after a full reinstall.
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:40   #13
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
. . .so an info report would be helpful. . .
http://pastebin.com/iXngda7y There you go! Hopefully that helps.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:51   #14
DrO

it's a bug in the whole of the enqueue handling which my plug-in is exacerbating (which i have now been made aware off and confirmed with this and the numerous other threads).
Old 26th November 2013, 06:26   #15
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
it's a bug in the whole of the enqueue handling which my plug-in is exacerbating (which i have now been made aware off and confirmed with this and the numerous other threads).
Alright. Looking forward to this being fixed!
Old 26th November 2013, 09:49   #16
DrO

if its still not fixed in the 5.666 release then say as any other issues with that can be patched without a direct Winamp update now.
Old 26th November 2013, 23:41   #17
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
if its still not fixed in the 5.666 release then say as any other issues with that can be patched without a direct Winamp update now.
It's still not working in 5.666 unfortunately. Another thing is that (at random), The winamp window will put itself on top.
Old 26th November 2013, 23:54   #18
DrO

well it should be working as the command-line is the same as used by the shell commands and the following is what i've just tried against the last 5.666 build and it worked as expected:
Quote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD \\QUEUE "L:\Music\Music 54\Armand Van Helden\2 Future 4 U\Flowerz.mp3"
Old 27th November 2013, 00:35   #19
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
well it should be working as the command-line is the same as used by the shell commands and the following is what i've just tried against the last 5.666 build and it worked as expected:
I did a clean install of Winamp 5.666 and made sure JTFE was checked during the installation and using the same format you used above, it still is doing the same issue as before. It'll add "QUEUE" and then song into the Enqueue list, but not the Queue.
Old 27th November 2013, 00:41   #20
DrO

something has to be blocking the plug-in handling things as i've tried on different setups now and it always works fine. maybe one of the following is causing it:

gen_paus.dll
Version: - | Size: 24 KB

gen_resumer.dll

gen_whatsplaying.dll
Version: - | Size: 156 KB
Old 27th November 2013, 00:47   #21
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
something has to be blocking the plug-in handling things as i've tried on different setups now and it always works fine. maybe one of the following is causing it:

gen_paus.dll

gen_resumer.dll

gen_whatsplaying.dll
Version: - | Size: 156 KB
This is on a completely clean Winamp install. No external plugins installed except for what's selected by default. No modifications or anything.

Here's what it's doing:
Old 27th November 2013, 00:53   #22
DrO

meh, had missed that (is too late for me really anyway). oh well, only way now is with test builds but i've other plug-ins / things to update first over this so not sure what else to suggest other than checking what is shown by Window for the 'QUEUE' item when using the 'Ctrl+E' dialog on the added playlist item. otherwise i'm perplexed as what you're seeing doesn't make any sense.
Old 27th November 2013, 00:59   #23
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
meh, had missed that (is too late for me really anyway). oh well, only way now is with test builds but i've other plug-ins / things to update first over this so not sure what else to suggest other than checking what is shown by Window for the 'QUEUE' item when using the 'Ctrl+E' dialog on the added playlist item. otherwise i'm perplexed as what you're seeing doesn't make any sense.
Another thing, is that in the Queue (Ctrl+Q), nothing will be added to that as well. It remains empty and completely untouched. I'd be more than happy to test out some builds for you as well.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:11   #24
Aminifu
Forum King

When I use the command, it adds the file to the end of my playlist and starts playing it, so nothing shows up in the queue manager since files are removed when they start playing. In other words, it acts like the shell command 'Enqueue & Play' on my system. Is it supposed to do that?

Also <Ctrl> + Q does nothing on my system. Do you mean <Alt> + Q?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 01:12   #25
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAreKyleW00t View Post
is that in the Queue (Ctrl+Q), nothing will be added to that as well. It remains empty and completely untouched.
there is no 'Ctrl+Q' keyboard shortcut for adding files to the queue, is just 'Q'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
In other words, it acts like the shell command 'Enqueue & Play' on my system. Is it supposed to do that?
depends on your settings as it follows what's been put on the shell options page.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:14   #26
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
there is no 'Ctrl+Q' keyboard shortcut for adding files to the queue, is just 'Q'.
I know, Ctrl+Q is to VIEW the Queue List. That's what I meant.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:15   #27
DrO

if enabled, Alt+Q will toggle the queue manage window, maybe that's what you mean (but it's not enabled by default to prevent cluttering up the menus on default installs).
Old 29th November 2013, 22:57   #28
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
if enabled, Alt+Q will toggle the queue manage window, maybe that's what you mean (but it's not enabled by default to prevent cluttering up the menus on default installs).
Ah, yes, Sorry I meant Alt+Q - my bad.
Old 8th December 2013, 00:33   #29
IAreKyleW00t

Any update on this? Hoping I could get this working before winamp goes :\
Old 8th December 2013, 20:54   #30
DrO

you're getting closer to the top of my todo list, just behind additional bug fixes for native plug-ins over my one (which as i'm the author of that plug-in, i can patch it post Winamp re-build).
Old 10th December 2013, 14:26   #31
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
you're getting closer to the top of my todo list, just behind additional bug fixes for native plug-ins over my one (which as i'm the author of that plug-in, i can patch it post Winamp re-build).
Awesome! Also, I noticed your sig has the "new" winamp forums. Should I move over to there or just continue using this in the meantime? Not sure what would be better/easier for you at the moment.
Old 17th December 2013, 23:06   #32
DrO

can you see if the newer version from http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe.html helps with the issue ? you'll need to install 5.666 build 3516 and then install v1.33 of the plug-in.
Old 25th December 2013, 05:06   #33
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
can you see if the newer version from http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe.html helps with the issue ? you'll need to install 5.666 build 3516 and then install v1.33 of the plug-in.
I just tried this. I updated Winamp to the latest version and then installed the plugin. Unfortunately, it's still doing the same thing as before. the song and then "QUEUE" are added to the Enqueue list.

I'll do a clean install and test it out again.
Old 12th January 2014, 02:17   #34
IAreKyleW00t

Still no good.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:54   #35
DrO

as i've not done anything towards it, that is not surprising and currently i have little interest to look into the issue so it's likely to remain not working so i would suggest trying to find an alternative solution.
Old 15th January 2014, 00:27   #36
IAreKyleW00t

Quote:
as i've not done anything towards it, that is not surprising and currently i have little interest to look into the issue so it's likely to remain not working so i would suggest trying to find an alternative solution.
I have tried looking for plugins to do that, but I haven't managed to find anything. Thanks for the help anyways..
Old 20th January 2014, 01:06   #37
signalx

I hope a solution will be found soon, I really need this feature too.
signalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 10:53   #38
DrO

there will be no fix 'soon' as the plug-in is on indefinite development hiatus and i have little interest wasting hours of time to work out what is going on for something that i've already wasted time on trying it out on multiple machines and different setups to never see it.

that makes me suspect that it's something specific to how things are being run or other software on the machine messing with things which i cba to deal with and is why the plug-in has always been provided 'as-is' whether it works to people's likings or not.
Old 19th January 2015, 03:33   #39
signalx

Any chance this will work?
I really need to have the ability to queue songs from the command line.

Thank you
signalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion