Old 11th October 2013, 01:47   #1
musicf8
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
ml_ipod crash on 2.65

So every time I plug in my 6th gen 120gb ipod, and winamp is connecting to it via ml_ipod, it then crashes, blaming this plug-in. This was done on a clean install. I am going to try 2.64, but 2.63 works just fine, anyone having similar issues or know a reason for this, and how to prevent it from crashing?

Update: 2.64 seems to work fine. It only happens when attempting to sync, and i'm on windows 8.1 (but it was occurring on windows 8 as well.)
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 19:53   #2
musicf8
Major Dude

wow... I just noticed that my post says 2.x (3 years later...) I wonder how tired/awake I was when I wrote that...

that was all meant to say 5.x

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 6th October 2016, 19:43   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

I'm impressed. The fact that you bothered to correct a 3 year old error shows that you are a person of good character.

Since this thread has over 1,500 views, I wonder how many people switched to a 2.x version trying to get their ipods to work.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 19:47   #4
musicf8
Major Dude

Who knows... I still am utterly shocked that I did that. To make matters worse I jumped on my post multiple times in the past with hopes of a reply, and I never noticed it then...

Unless it was actually correct and there's a moderator playing a prank on me...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 6th October 2016, 20:06   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Have you tried the version of ml_ipod.dll from v5.63 with the patched v5.666.3516? I can't remember if I already asked that.

The current patched version has so many bug fixes and enhancements, it seems a shame that you can't use it.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 20:19   #6
musicf8
Major Dude

Not sure... and you know I really should... I think I believed that since it crashed in 5.65 it would crash thereafter (since ml_ipod is essentially dead/unsupported), It was also because it would crash only when I attempted to sync, so I figured it something with how ml_ipod interacts with winamp core.

There's also that I have my winamp all set up just fine with ml_ipod and no issues currently, so I kind of figured I would leave as is until my 8 year old ipod classic would finally crap out.

But I have just recently downloaded Floola and mediamonkey to try instead of winamp to sync my ipod, since I only sync every couple of months or so. If that works then I might give it a try again. I would prefer to keep ipod syncing and music listening separate anyway.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion