Old 7th June 2014, 07:21   #41
ChiggyChiggy

Have you considered reinstalling Winamp? Its worth a shot i suppose.. Ooh or try running Winamp's safe mode (no, not the safe mode of Windows), that should let you know if its happening from Winamp itself or a 3rd party plugin thats causing it
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 07:26   #42
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
Have you considered reinstalling Winamp? Its worth a shot i suppose.. Ooh or try running Winamp's safe mode (no, not the safe mode of Windows), that should let you know if its happening from Winamp itself or a 3rd party plugin thats causing it
I've uninstalled cPro2 and Winamp using Revo Uninstaller and doing a run of CCleaner afterwards. Then I reinstalled Winamp 5.666 with patches, then cPro2.02 beta 2, and then the Mac Sync skin. The issue is still occurring.

Is for safe mode, I'm not sure how to access that.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 07:53   #43
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11ectis View Post
Is for safe mode, I'm not sure how to access that.
When you installed Winamp, you could have selected to have a shortcut placed in the Start Menu for starting in Safe Mode. When running Winamp, you can also look in the General Preferences (Ctrl+P) - Plug-ins for the button on the lower right corner to restart in Safe Mode.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 11:17   #44
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Funny as it is, it won't work, Safe mode doesn't deactivate cPro.. (though maybe you could try it either way, just to sort things out..)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 12:02   #45
ChiggyChiggy

Or perhaps uninstall cPro2 itself then install the non beta stable version?

Perhaps uninstall Winamp and delete its leftover folder, that folder could have leftover settings and such that could be causing it o:
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 12:10   #46
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

The only difference between the beta and the last stable version affects mainly the FLAC playback, but you can try if you want..

Anyway, I really insist in giving it a little more time, the cPro main dev could be already working on this (and it should be easily fixed).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 9th June 2014, 12:34   #47
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Funny as it is, it won't work, Safe mode doesn't deactivate cPro.. (though maybe you could try it either way, just to sort things out..)
Safe mode does not disable 3rd party skins, nor the cPro skinning engine plug-in (which is a special kind of plug-in installed in the Winamp system folder). Safe mode will disable 3rd party plug-ins installed in the Winamp plugins folder and all detected visualization and DSP plug-ins.

I doubt that Safe mode will solve A11ectis' issue, but since he said he wasn't sure how to access it, I provided a couple of ways.

EDIT:
I just double checked and the cPro plug-in is disabled in Safe Mode, but my cPro skin UI is still displayed. I don't know what things are affected by running a cPro skin without the plug-in. My configuration depends on a lot of 3rd party plug-ins and I would have to change a lot of stuff to try to find out.

Old 9th June 2014, 16:12   #48
DrO

to clarify, the cpro plug-in will not be loaded in safe mode (unless it's been updated to support the hidden check which is made which it should not try to support).

so Winamp generally working when a cPro skin is loaded in safe mode is to be expected even if the cpro plug-in is not loaded (but only really pjn i suspect can say what is disabled when the plug-in is not present - i'd expect at least the version checking updates as a start).

and if the issue is what i think it is, then i'm not at all surprised that it is persisting as per post #42 since if it is the string buffers not being initialised correctly, then only Winamp plug-in updates is going to help resolve it (which i'm really not in a position to do with the state of things at the moment as i believe i mentioned earlier in this thread...?).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 17:10   #49
A11ectis

Just providing proof of Safe Mode being ineffective for solving the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	macSyncSafeMode.png
Views:	209
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	51204  
Old 9th June 2014, 19:10   #50
DrO

that probably wasn't needed - safe mode is just there to prevent loading of 3rd party plug-ins. if the issue is a core issue then it's not going to help (other than to rule out it being a 3rd party issue).
Old 9th June 2014, 22:58   #51
DrO

i've done some more checking and the only thing i can come close to explaining the issue is not setting the buffers correctly. as i've had a look at cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync.wal\xui\sc_text\sc_text.m and there's no obvious uninitialised string variables i can find (only an assign of a value which if it's doing like the screenshots, would match with the buffer issue). and is why it doesn't happen for all as it depends on the machine and OS as to how it allocates memory to use for things when we're making new buffers to use.

as such, the only thing i can otherwise do (which will take a while for me to get around to doing amongst other things i've already got in progress) is try to make a 5.66x compatible gen_ff from what has since been worked on internally and see if that helps to resolve the issue.
Old 10th June 2014, 03:13   #52
A11ectis

It seems that pjn123 had finally awakened, so maybe something more will be brought to light.
Old 13th June 2014, 19:13   #53
A11ectis

Now the strings are starting are showing bits of code, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	macSyncContainer.png
Views:	217
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	51215  
Old 16th August 2014, 06:59   #54
orton

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11ectis View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I installed ClassicPro 2.01 just after posting to check it out. I'm currently using the cPro__Bento skin and liking it a bit, but I'm still tinkering with cPro2__Aluminum and the color themes included.
ClassicPro 2.01 its in winamp??
orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 08:34   #55
chapiz

the best skin for winamp is http://customize.org/winamp3/skins/54068
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 14:57   #56
Aminifu
Forum King

I don't think there is a 'best skin' for Winamp. It's just different strokes for different folks and different situations.

Old 30th September 2015, 16:32   #57
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminifu View Post
i don't think there is a 'best skin' for winamp. It's just different strokes for different folks and different situations.
qft

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
skin