Old 18th July 2014, 07:45   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

cPro2 Styler - Skin project

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

:: DOWNLOAD THE SKIN ::
cPro2 Styler - Skin Project

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Download only PSD files (Stash)
Here

Download PDF mini-tutorial (Stash)
Tutorial - How to replace graphics in cPro2

Do you want to know the origin of each color themes?
meet the Magic of Color Themes

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Designed & coded by Victhor
Get cPro2 plugin // Learn more

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 15:31   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Shoutcast's color themes (both under Radionomy's new ownership)

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoutcast01.png
Views:	624
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	51289 Click image for larger version

Name:	shoutcast02.png
Views:	412
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	51290

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 18th July 2014, 16:12   #3
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I love the cPro2 Styler - Skin project. These cPro2 Skins are a great work. Enjoying them right now... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥♥♥ ★★★★★

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 08:12   #4
ChiggyChiggy

I havent checked out all the possible colour themes so far of it, but my god this is some great stuff right here. Victhor does it once again and delivers one of the best aesthetically looking skin of all the cPro skins! First there was iMac Player Mod, then Dark Aluminum, now Styler continues the legacy, god damn!

The ability to change elements of the skin is something ive never really seen before in a skin, this is rather refreshing i must say.. sadly ill never be able to put that to good use cuz, well, i suck at photoshop

What is the difference between the main 3 however? The Touchscreen one so far ive gathered that it has larger buttons for touchscreen usage, but what about radiance? o:

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 08:17   #5
ChiggyChiggy

Btw, how to get that Shoutcast look?

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
Old 20th July 2014, 13:35   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

I'm been testing Styler Radiance. Looks very good. 1 question; why do the panel tab headers overlap (even when the overall SUI window is large enough to leave plenty of space)?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2014, 15:28   #7
ChiggyChiggy

One more thing, is it possible in any way to have some form of separation here? http://i.gyazo.com/270afb24410e211a30f1f6a05b4d8151.png

The sidebar completely dissolves into everything else, looks a bit messy from it D:

Old 20th July 2014, 17:24   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
The sidebar completely dissolves into everything else, looks a bit messy from it D:
Are you sure the width of that panel isn't adjustable? It is with Styler Radiance. Which skin and color theme are you using? Try pointing the mouse where the separation should be to see if the pointer changes to left and right facing arrows allowing for adjustment.

@Victhor,
I get an error sometimes when switching to Styler Radiance from another skin. An additional feature-less window appears which causes Winamp to lock up (not accept mouse or keyboard commands) and I have to use task manager to exit. When this happens, Windows 'thinks' Winamp is running normally, so it doesn't notice the lockup and generate any error messages.

Old 20th July 2014, 22:37   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

@Chiggy: Thanks for your words! I'm glad you like it!

Answers: Radiance version, for me, is the cool one of the 3, in that one you'll that on hover (passing the mouse OVER buttons) each buttons has a glow, a shine, instead of only changing its color. At a first glance it is exactly like "normal" styler, but even without using the mouse over it you'll see 2 extra differences: Beatis has a subtle glow behind wich makes it look like it has some light from behind (really cool on dark themes) and when using Destop alpha ON, you'll see the "shadow" around the skin is faded, so it looks like the whole skin is shining.. (cool number 2! )

Shoutcast look is with the Online services aimed to Shoutcast.. (www.shoutcast.com, not http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp, which works fine but doesn't look like that..)

The separation you mention can be achieved by dragging the vertical line, which in some themes may be almost impossible to see...

@Aminifu: Strange error, I can't seem to reproduce it, can you post a screenshot? Also tell me from switching which skins (or "type of") generates this.
And remember (Chiggy too) that currently, Desktop Alpha is nice but has some problems when: using side playlist and resizing, and when using Docked toolbar.

And the overlap thing is an engine problem only made worst by me by forcing the upcase.. you can revert it back to "normal" (which for me is a bit too small to see..) opening ClassicPro.xml inside the skin folder and changing line 31 forceupcase="1" to forceupcase="0".

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st July 2014, 01:06   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
@Aminifu: Strange error, I can't seem to reproduce it, can you post a screenshot?
This time, I'm switching from the cPro 1 skin listed in my signature and the desktop alpha option is not enabled. The black rectangle seen on the upper left appears in different places and sizes when this error occurs. When restarting (after a forced exit) the skin and Winamp function normally.

When pjn123 gets the time, maybe he will look into the tab headers overlap issue.

Last edited by Aminifu; 26th June 2018 at 14:53.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:29   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

And is only happening with Radiance??? That's weird, essentially it isn't any different from the other 2 skins.. (in fact, now I checked again the content of the skin, the one that could be troublesome is Touchscreen.. I'm updating the DeviantArt download because of it..).

So, yes, I guess both issues are another items down the list for PJN to look after..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st July 2014, 15:01   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
And is only happening with Radiance???
I've only tested Styler and Styler Radiance (it happens with both), since I don't have the hardware to test the touchscreen version. I prefer the extra eye candy provided by Radiance. I've not tried it with the alpha option enabled (I'll wait until you say that is safe). It would be nice if the alpha option could be activated for individual skins, instead of it being a global option. But that is something for the Winamp devs to do.

I guess something goes wrong occasionally during the extraction from the wal files to the subfolders created in my user temp folder. I've copied the folders and their files created for Styler Radiance to the Winamp/Skins folder (renamed the lead folder and deleted the wal file) so that expanding the wal archive won't be necessary. So far, that appears to have fixed the problem for Radiance. If it comes back, I'll let you know.

I have done this for a few of my other skin wal files with the goal of saving the few milliseconds (or less) which would otherwise be needed to create and delete their temp files. This is not really needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt and now it seems to have another benefit.

This could be something isolated to my system and my combination of 3rd party stuff. Unless it is reported by others, I won't worry about it.

Old 21st July 2014, 15:19   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I've not tried it with the alpha option enabled (I'll wait until you say that is safe).
Under normal conditions, Desktop Alpha IS safe, unless you use docked option.. in any case, it doesn't kill Winamp, it just drops a weird sizing of the shadow separated (or duplicated) from the Winamp window itself..

Anyway, the "shadow / glow" of Radiance really doesn't add too much right now, but in a future version (of cPro & skin) it will be colored along each color theme, so it looks quite better. Here you can see it in white, which fits nice with that skin, but here, colored, fits even better:

Quote:
I guess something goes wrong occasionally during the extraction from the wal files to the subfolders created in my user temp folder. I've copied the folders and their files created for Styler Radiance to the Winamp/Skins folder (renamed the lead folder and deleted the wal file) so that expanding the wal archive won't be necessary. So far, that appears to have fixed the problem for Radiance. If it comes back, I'll let you know.
Exactly what I was about to suggest!

Quote:
I have done this for a few of my other skin wal files with the goal of saving the few milliseconds..
I also use most of my skins like that, seems to be a bit more stable (could be just me..) and it gets easier for me to get in and modify stuff.. (which I do a lot ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radiance_shadow_colored.png
Views:	2507
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	51300  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st July 2014, 15:23   #14
DrO

Quote:
It would be nice if the alpha option could be activated for individual skins, instead of it being a global option. But that is something for the Winamp devs to do.
i thought the global option was an override for what the skins decide to do.

Quote:
i fixed something a few months back which might be related (where the name of the wal didn't match with what was expected inside of the wal and could lead to some random skin failures (which seems to be like what you're seeing).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 15:33   #15
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i thought the global option was an override for what the skins decide to do.
It is, AFAIK the skin only can tell which windows would use DA when available (meaning, if it's already enabled in prefs), but skins can't force the system to activate it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i fixed something a few months back which might be related (where the name of the wal didn't match with what was expected inside of the wal and could lead to some random skin failures..
Interesting.. sound quite much like it. By "what was expected inside of the wal"you mean the name declared in the skin.xml? (for instance, Radiance and Touchscreen have a slightly different name in there, I've added a "//") Is that it?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st July 2014, 15:34   #16
DrO

it was more if there was a top level sub-folder containing everything inside of the wal but without trying / checking the wal being used, what i'm talking about might not be related (though that code change seemed to fix some other oddities in loading so i don't know if it'll help or not).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 15:40   #17
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

ah, I remember that thread, I think was something related to some GaretJax or Koopa or Mike-db skins, but it's not the case here, I do my homework and all files are on the "main directory", no subfolders

PS: @Aminifu The "Touchscreen version" isn't really any special kind of skin, it only has everything bigger (girls prefer this) so it's easier to aim to it.. you can try it without any fear..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st July 2014, 17:03   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
ah, I remember that thread, I think was something related to some GaretJax or Koopa or Mike-db skins, but it's not the case here, I do my homework and all files are on the "main directory", no subfolders
It probably doesn't matter, but there is a subfolder with Radiance. It's named "_not used" and contains a "frame_generic.png" that is different than the one in the top level folder.

Thanx for the info on the touchscreen version and how desktop alpha works with your skins. None of my other skins seemed to use alpha effects, so I had disabled it long ago. Sounds like it's time to try it again.

@DrO,
I do slightly rename my skin folders and wsz and wal files in order to have a neat alphanumeric listing in Winamp's skins context menu. This has not caused problems for me before, but it's good to know that it could and something else to check when weirdness occurs.

Also, it sounds like you're getting close to the point of letting the beta testers loose on an internal version (considering all you've done in the last few months).

Old 22nd July 2014, 16:59   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
And the overlap thing is an engine problem only made worst by me by forcing the upcase.. you can revert it back to "normal" (which for me is a bit too small to see..) opening ClassicPro.xml inside the skin folder and changing line 31 forceupcase="1" to forceupcase="0".
I changed forceupcase back to "0", bumped up the fontsize from "13" to "16", and renamed & substituted the "Ebrima" true type font for "Century Gothic" (they are very similar). The result is clear, larger text in the header labels without any overlap (unless the overall SUI is narrower than the width needed to display all the active headers). I usually only display 4 to 6 headers at a time.

I like to tinker with things too.

So now, with the overlap and loading issues dealt with, it's back to finding my favorite color theme. cPro's multi-button makes it very easy to cycle thru the choices. Thank you for what you do to keep skinning alive.

Old 23rd July 2014, 01:04   #20
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
I changed forceupcase back to "0", bumped up the fontsize from "13" to "16", and renamed & substituted the "Ebrima" true type font for "Century Gothic" (they are very similar). The result is clear, larger text in the header labels without any overlap (unless the overall SUI is narrower than the width needed to display all the active headers). I usually only display 4 to 6 headers at a time.

I like to tinker with things too.

So now, with the overlap and loading issues dealt with, it's back to finding my favorite color theme. cPro's multi-button makes it very easy to cycle thru the choices. Thank you for what you do to keep skinning alive.
Great to hear all of this, people tinkering with the skin is the key (you really went far this huh). And thanks to you for using the skin! ;D

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 30th September 2015, 08:31   #21
chapiz

Great job Victhor.
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color themes, cpro2, project, radiance, skin, styler, touchscreen, victhor