Old 26th February 2009, 10:55   #1
gazkam

Spotify integrated in Winamp

To have Spotify integrated in Winamp would be awesome!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotify
gazkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 17:10   #2
Dytut

I second this. Hopefully someone will be able to do this as a plugin if nullsoft themselves won't.

The greatest way would be to have spotify integrated fully, so it would be possible to add/remove tracks from spotify in the same way as local tracks. An addon to the media library perhaps?
Dytut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 07:51   #3
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Re: Spotify integrated in Winamp

It's a full program, it already exists. Why would you want it integrated into winamp? Maybe you should suggest to spotify that they add 'play local tracks' to the list of features.

Of course, it does just seem that your spaming some crap...
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 19:11   #4
Axellink

No this is actually a valid request as I think the service by Spotify is awesome. Though I think it would be a difficult request to produce TBH.

Would be nice though
Axellink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 19:59   #5
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Re: Spotify integrated in Winamp

So the only way winamp and spotify are getting integrated is if one takes over the other and merges the applications, you want that? You want winamp to become ad sponsored?
Quote:
Paul_Bags It's a full program, it already exists. Why would you want it integrated into winamp? Maybe you should suggest to spotify that they add 'play local tracks' to the list of features.
[edit]Although if the music industry knew want was good for it it would be a free program. It is after all designed for testing music you might like to buy, not leeching it for free.
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 03:31   #6
brokenface

R4

I agree that would be fantastic, milkdrop is by far the best as well. For Now However i Recommend you use R4 from http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/ . This works by listening to your soundcard and work really well with spotify. Also it is a nice visualizer besides this.

Joe Lucas
brokenface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 02:32   #7
noah123

There is a start of a Winamp Media Library plugin available in the directory examples/winamp/ of openspotify. It doesn't do anything useful yet as the Winamp SDK documentation is a bit scarce.. Help would be appreciated.

Openspotify is available on GitHub at github.com/noahwilliamsson/openspotify/tree/master
Old 4th October 2009, 18:06   #8
gazkam

Re: Re: Spotify integrated in Winamp

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Bags
It's a full program, it already exists. Why would you want it integrated into winamp? Maybe you should suggest to spotify that they add 'play local tracks' to the list of features.

Of course, it does just seem that your spaming some crap...

Spaming some crap? You sir, are an idiot!

As much as I love Winamp, UI and all of it, I would like to have the ability to use Spotify's music library IN WINAMP.
gazkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 22:20   #9
Brent2121

I agree, it would be awesome to access Spotify's music library from within Winamp. Not sure how it would work with the free, ad-supported version of Spotify, but even if it required you to have a paid subscription, that'd still be awesome.
Brent2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 11:21   #10
the SASS Man

Since Spotify is commercial endeavor, and very likely using a proprietary delivery format for their media, it would be up to Spotify to write a media library plugin for Winamp.

I strongly advse all of you to begin pressuring Spotify's devlopers to aquire the Winamp SDK, and build a suitable plugin, so that they may be able to tap into the potential market of MILLIONS OF FAITHFIL WINAMP USERS...and then everyone will be happy!

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 00:00   #11
timewarptickers

This would be very cool, if Spotify went ahead and did this. I can't stand Spotify's interface.

Nor... the thing about clicking "Close Window" on the taskbar icon doing nothing at all, and having to select the other "Quit Spotify" unlike every other program on the planet. I really hope something like this comes about in the future.
timewarptickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 20:16   #12
stopasking
Banned

There is despotify, it could be possible to build spotify client for winamp too. Though official would be better idea.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 18:16   #13
ACA

Send a message via AIM to ACA
This would be cool.
ACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 23:55   #14
Brent2121

Getting spotify people to do anything useful is impossible. Worst and laziest software developers of all time.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:04   #15
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

@Brent2121: You are right. There is no "Spotify for Web", only "Spotify for Desktop". And the platform Spotify has new requirements. A registering of a new account in Spotify is only possible for people with a Facebook-Account today (not with an e-mail-account anymore), and they are forced to add Spotify as Facebook App. But if they aren't satisfied with Spotify, they cannot get rid off this app, that's not simple. And I have decided now, I myself want to stay away from this platform Spotify, if they don't change these requirements soon. But that's only my opinion. I'm respecting other opinions. If You wish to have an integration, You can have this wish, of course...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 14:10   #16
WhoGotTheChunk

Would really love this. Only reason I stopped using Winamp was because I got Spotify. I want it back tho.
WhoGotTheChunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 16:23   #17
Brent2121

Same here. I can't go back to my local music collection because I've built up so many songs on spotify that I don't have. But I hate the spotify interface.
Old 18th May 2012, 20:22   #18
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

@Brent2121: Thank You for Your latest posting...
2 months ago I got an e-mail from this platform Spotify, that it had been launched also in Germany. But I couldn't register an e-mail-account on this website anymore. At first I had thought of errors, until I had read the many critiques in the Facebook-Page. And I had thought more and more: "No!"... But I don't need to think about a "Yes" or "No" anymore now. I've just thrown the downloaded (and never used) setup from this platform into the trash basket...
Old 20th May 2012, 12:58   #19
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Okay, I admit, I hate Spotify, because I see Spotify as insult to my virtual diamond, my all-in-one-tool, more than once on my computer, and I must defend my diamonds, where I put all my pure love...
Without Spotify I have no problems to login with Facebook. Other people at Facebook have complained about problems because they have Spotify as a Facebook App. Other Facebook Apps don't cause problems, and I'm using the most important Facebook Apps. I'm in very much platforms, as artist and listener, all my favourites and playlists there are public, and mostly they can be played also without logins.
Spotify has to bring back the possibility to register with an e-mail-account, Spotify also should have a better support. And it's very important, Spotify finally needs to have also a Website Player, where also pre-listenings without login can be played. Deezer has a Website Player, and I can play pre-listenings there, before I login with Deezer. Simfy has both, a Website Player and a Desktop Player, but no possibility to play pre-listenings, and I have to login with Simfy, before I can see my favourites and playlists there.
exfm has a Website Player, that's very good. In Google Chrome the add-on of exfm is still working (in Mozilla Firefox currently not anymore). Pre-listenings can be done on Discogs with exfm. Or I can have 2 or more tabs open, after my logins, exfm and SoundCloud, Last.fm etc. But the music can be played in exfm also without login.
For an integration of Spotify in Winamp a Website Player is necessary for that website. exfm could be added as Online Service successfully. But I see no possibility for an integration of Spotify in Winamp, if Spotify doesn't have finally a Website Player and the possibility for pre-listenings without login. At first Spotify has to work on these problems, before the developement team of Winamp can work on an integration. Sorry, but I see no other way...
If Spotify will finally change the requirements and add everything, what I want here, then maybe I can change my opinions about Spotify some day...
Old 22nd September 2012, 07:14   #20
the SASS Man

Wow....

Wow....it sounds like Spotify has become something much, much worse than an app that doesn't support Winamp, but actually something akin to a Facebook VIRUS!

It may be only a matter of time before peoples' complaints (To Facebook, most likely) cause Spotify to be removed from Facebook completely; and, unless they pay Facebook a small fortune, or find some alternate means of gathering signups or distributing content, it will disappear altogether...along with everyone's carefully built playlists.

This is an area I would not touch, and certainly wouldn't recommend, to anyone who is not already dependent on this! Spotify is risky, perhaps even dangerous, and I'm not even sure a Winamp plugin is a good idea if these posts are to be believed.

I've seen better tools go out of business and cease to operate, folks.

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 00:27   #21
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I didn't want to say, Spotify would be a virus. There are much other apps, which are more extreme, and not each app can be removed easily. I've seen apps, which got out of control, links appeared everywhere. Then it's better not to click something.
On the Facebook-Page many user had complained about many things. For example, some people wanted to cancel Spotify Premium, but the payment didn't finish after the cancelling, and their money continued to go to Spotify.
Finally an e-mail-account is possible again, but I refused to install Spotify and I didn't add Spotify to Facebook. I'm waiting for the website player of Spotify. I don't want to play my own files with Spotify, never.
I'm using other apps for the auto-postings of plays, favouritings, followings etc. to Facebook: YouTube, MyVideo, MySpace, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, ReverbNation, Simfy, Deezer, Last.fm, Twitter, FriendFeed, MixPod, SoundClick, Ustream etc. But mostly my playlists can be used also offline and also without the auto-postings to Facebook (not everybody likes that)...
But I don't think also now, Spotify could be integrated in Winamp, and I myself would never recommend that. It wouldn't be so good...
Old 21st November 2012, 12:32   #22
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I am forced to pick up this thread...
Last night I have made my discovery in the Facebook-Page Spotify. Finally they have a web-based player (since 5 days now), although in beta yet, and finally I was able to create my playlists. I can give You an example-link (with username, not an anonymous number):
https://play.spotify.com/user/sterne...nebine/starred (Mozilla Firefox)
http://open.spotify.com/user/sternen...nebine/starred (other browser)
In Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, SRWare Iron and Safari I can see a part of my "Starred Playlist" with 30 of currently 526 songs (I have also already 25 other playlists, named by artists). In Mozilla Firefox I have to go online via e-mail (also possible via Facebook, but I didn't connect both accounts yet). It has to be the right link...
You can do a search by AOL or Google...
It was very important for me to inform You all about these news...
And I can come now, we can come now, no matter, in which browser...
PS, the first 3 tracks are with the music of my husband Frank...
Edit: Oooh, I have just found a further link... http://open.spotify.com/user/sternenmaschinebine I had created it in Mozilla Firefox manually, started from another profile-link with an anonymous number as username (which I got from a comment in Facebook), before the web player in beta finally has come out (this link works in all browser)...
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:33   #23
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Strange... on my husband's PC the second link works also in Mozilla Firefox (but not on mine)... I should do such tests on both computer in the future, and I mean not only with the Spotify-Links, because making such tests only on my PC isn't enough...
PS, he himself has no Winamp on his PC, only the very boring Windows Media Player...
Edit: If I want to try out this link https://play.spotify.com/ on his PC, I'm redirected to the "normal website" of Spotify. I should make a screenshot on my PC, because I cannot reproduce the look also on his PC, only on mine, and I cannot show yet for the others "on the normal way", how it looks for me...
2nd Edit: I've uploaded 2 of 4 new screenshots now, before nobody will believe, what I see:
http://s1225.beta.photobucket.com/us...20on%20my%20PC

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 23rd November 2012 at 13:55.
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:33   #24
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i am confused by these posts, what is the Q? winamp doesn't support spotify, afaik. do you just want to see it supported? like via plugin?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:15   #25
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I think, the people (I myself don't belong to them), who have posted at first here, want exactly this integration or directly a plugin. But I myself am still very sceptic, because Spotify stays still close for people without an account. I don't know, if the web-based player will make an integration easier. A final release is planned for 2013. I'm very glad, that I'm finally able to create playlists without a desktop-software...
I myself don't need this integration and I also don't need such a plugin. I'm playing the music in the many platforms themselves, mostly in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and the URL "linein://" does the job for me very good...
PS, I still think, it's better not to connect the accounts in Spotify and Facebook, because a disconnection isn't possible anymore, but there are no problems to connect and disconnect Facebook and another platform...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist