Old 9th March 2007, 16:22   #1
zwollner

Last.fm Integration

First of all I know about:
http://www.last.fm/tools/downloads/

What would be nice is that tool integrated into Winamp, so you could listen to your different Last.fm radio stations through Winamp and having the option to "Love, Skip, Or Ban" right within Winamp. Also some interface where you could view your "recommended" songs/artists. And when shuffling, songs that have been "Loved" or my "Top artists/songs" should have a higher chance of playing.
zwollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 06:30   #2
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I'm surprised that no one has made a plugin like this yet, even though it seems obvious that it should've been made a long time ago.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 06:47   #3
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

After some Googling I came upon such a plugin, called gen_lastfm. However it seems that it's been discontinued, as it is no longer available on the creator's site Flippet.org. I found an archived page for the plugin, however, the download unfortunately wasn't archived along with it. I've contacted the creator of it to see if he'll send me a link to the last version.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 05:24   #4
verachtung

Did you received any answer?
verachtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2007, 16:34   #5
VortX

Get Plugin
Attached Files
File Type: zip gen_lastfm.zip (29.1 KB, 7920 views)
VortX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 19:31   #6
lousygarua

Official plugin from the last.fm dudes...

just checked the plugin you mentioned - it sucked.
then i recalled last.fm developers are really nice, so i checked their site.

works like a charm..

cheers!
lousygarua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 20:23   #7
Str187

i have been thinking about this for a long time and now i realized that i'm not the only one =))
this kind of a plug in would be great...

Str187
Str187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 11:09   #8
wakilesh

hi.. hey can't i see the url. i really want this to work. been trying everything. i think the answer is here but i am not able to see it
wakilesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 12:32   #9
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Re: Official plugin from the last.fm dudes...

Quote:
Originally posted by lousygarua

works like a charm..

cheers!

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 13:05   #10
Elleroth

Re: Official plugin from the last.fm dudes...

Quote:
Originally posted by lousygarua

works like a charm..

cheers!

Is this plug-in buggy for anyone else running Winamp5 on Vista (32bit)? Sometimes it seems like it's unable to read the ID3 tags properly or doesn't even detect when a song starts playing to begin with.
Elleroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 10:32   #11
Dr.Painkiller

The gen_lastfm crashes Winamp after activating...

The scrobbling plugin works ok, but what I'm looking for is a plugin or something to play last.fm from within Winamp, including the love/ban/skip functionality.

Any news on a plugin that can do this?
Dr.Painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 22:45   #12
screamin_jesus

+1 I refuse to run the bloated last.fm software now the they have removed the standalone one. And many media players are integrating this now. Would be very convenient.
screamin_jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 05:25   #13
MrKlorox

Blog Entry: Play last.fm streams without the player

I found this blog entry detailing how to play Last.FM via direct URL as shoutcast stream and contains info on how to love, ban or skip via URL also. Now if somebody could use this info to make a plugin, skin addon, or super light web applet usable from in winamp's browser, we won't have to wait on Nullsoft to integrate functionality.

LINK: Play last.fm streams without the player
If you cannot see the link, click reply and scroll down.
MrKlorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 22:52   #14
rebelfluff

Re: Blog Entry: Play last.fm streams without the player

Quote:
Originally posted by MrKlorox
I found this blog entry detailing how to play Last.FM via direct URL as shoutcast stream and contains info on how to love, ban or skip via URL also. Now if somebody could use this info to make a plugin, skin addon, or super light web applet usable from in Winamp's browser, we won't have to wait on Nullsoft to integrate functionality.

LINK: Play last.fm streams without the player
If you cannot see the link, click reply and scroll down.
**NOTE** I suggest reading the above blog before reading
my post it will make things much easier to
understand. Thank-you

I read this blog and managed to get it up and streaming in Winamp however there are some problems. I'm using Winamp v5.541 and noticed the browser so I set out to make a simple web page to implement the love, ban, skip..etc. functions. These are all listed on the blog mentioned above. Luckily for me the session I.D. never changes so my HTML links can stay the same and still work. Now comes the problems. The reverse engineered links only allow you to view simple text pages with information. It would be nice to have a plugin to accomplish this but I only know html and some css so I was wondering if anyone could help in development of a plugin or if that's even possible. Thanks for any help in advance . Oh and I'll attach the html file I made.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lastwinamp.zip (940 Bytes, 2665 views)
rebelfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 22:22   #15
Terus

Last.fm Integration

I am in the process of implementing a Last.fm player for my Neuros OSD . I found the following information to be very helpful.

http://www.last.fm/user/dahnielson/j...7/08/7/494712/
http://code.google.com/p/thelastripp...lDocumentation
http://gabistapler.de/blog/index.php...he-player.html

The last URL has information about the stream based protocol which far as I know is no longer in use. However there is still a lot of useful information regarding what the available stations that you can tune into and what their URLs are. Just remember to use the new protocol that uses the XSPF playlists and not streams.

If I can ever find the time to do so I will write a proper plugin for Winamp as well as XMMS.

In the meantime I hope the information provided helps anyone else out there.
Terus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 17:11   #16
blindguardian

I'm very interested in this plugin.
blindguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 22:13   #17
eproxy

I'm interested, too!
eproxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 16:17   #18
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
Me Too
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 07:32   #19
drsim

Send a message via Yahoo to drsim
Please add me in the list as well.. thnks
drsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 08:21   #20
DrO

it won't natively happen now due to Winamp having its own Orgler feature.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:53   #21
stephen730

Noooooo!!!

I see what everyone's saying, thats not the point. If you install winamp and then last.fm it will do the plugin automatically (but it has to be in that order).

What we want to do is push play IN WINAMP, and have last.fm playlist start up. Or even perhaps each track would be a link, like reccomended radio.

I want to push last.fm sound through winamp sound driver. So i can use DFX plugin to modify my last.fm stream. thats what I WANNA DO
stephen730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 05:32   #22
buchey

any update on this?

Okay so I stumbled on this thread today .... just wondering if there had been any update on this subject? I'd like to be able to play last.fm IN WINAMP. and browse through all the last.fm stations via winamp (thus my remote-control too) . Is this possible?
buchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 18:17   #23
martinsj

http://oxo.lv/lastfmscrobbler/
martinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 11:48   #24
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I think, the own Orgler feature does not work anymore. Isn't the Winamp Charts kind of dead now?... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=354163 I was never able to see the Winamp Charts. In Options > Preferences > Sign-In - Orgler I have logged out, for now, because I have switched all my Winamps from Always connected to No internet connection available (I have also unchecked 2 other things in Options > Preferences > General Preferences, where maybe an internet connection could be required), in case our WLAN Router will die totally very soon, because I want to use my Winamps also, if I have no internet connection anymore. The Radio Streams in Winamp and the Embedded Internet Explorer are still working also after this switch, and with Winamp itself I can verify immediately, if our router has to be restarted again or not...
We have exfm as Online Service in Winamp now. I don't know, if there will be also Last.fm in Winamp in the future. I myself don't need that (nothing against Your wishes)...
If I can be sure, the Winamp Last.fm plugin will work on my Workstation PC with Windows Vista 32-bit and not only with the other Windows Versions, then I can use it for my Main Winamp (installed in the default location) in the future...
And we all can be very satisfied now (thank You for the new plugin)...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 20:52   #25
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I forgot to mention, streaming a radio station with the desktop client of Last.fm is not possible anymore for the free user since the 15th January, the free user can still stream on the website of Last.fm itself... http://www.last.fm/announcements/radio2013?setlang=en I know, some people want a Last.fm Integration in Winamp, but I am thinking now, streaming a radio station inside of Winamp will not work anymore because of these changings...
exfm doesn't make these problems, and an integration of exfm in Winamp was possible...
Some other people want an integration of Spotify in Winamp... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=303524 but Spotify makes much more problems than Last.fm. Last.fm can be visited as website also offline, an offline-visit of Spotify is not possible...
I myself see no chances for an integration of Last.fm or Spotify in Winamp...
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:52   #26
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i used to use orgler, in that i reported my stats to winamp. but then it fell into disrepair, and in my case, i identified it as the plugin that stopped the winamp process in task manager from being able to close when i would exit winamp, so i have removed it altogether.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:02   #27
DrO

orgler is dead.

-daz
Old 25th January 2013, 00:26   #28
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

It affects not only the Winamp Charts as Online-Service inside of Winamp... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2909777
Old 25th January 2013, 02:17   #29
DrO

if there were proper paragraphs in that post then i might have read it... but i have to assume you're complaining about something to do with the charts not working.

either way, Orgler, Winamp charts and anything which was directly related to it are dead and have been so for some time. hopefully all references / views accessing them will be removed so people stop trying to use what hasn't worked properly / at all for the last year - i know at least the plug-in has been removed internally so that is one less point of issue.

-daz
Old 6th June 2014, 09:01   #30
joshg253

I'd love to see Scrobbling integrated, maybe with some of the controls visible on the player itself.

Right now I'm using gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll, which I think just makes sure the official Last.fm Scrobbler is open when Winamp launches. It can be troublesome, in that I usually open Winamp by right-clicking a folder and clicking "Play in Winamp", and most (all?) of the time the Scrobbler isn't Scrobbling the first track so I gotta start it over.
joshg253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist