X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fluxrope
    • Apr 2010

Winamp stopping mid podcast

Im not sure if its my internet connection or winamp but it stops midway through a podcast (this never happens to smaller files like songs). The plugin which picks up where you left off, doesnt work in this situation, but works perfectly well when i stop the podcast myself. I have tried increasing the buffer % and MB of the MPEG plug in, but if the buffer is increased to the size of an average podcast, then streaming radio (of which many are in mp3 format) has to buffer to the average length of a podcast as well which is an annoying wait. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this or what is causing the problem, or is there a way to fully buffer a podcast but not the radio. I am aware of the download option through winamp and will use it as a last resort. Is there a way for winamp to pause when the internet connection is lost, is there a plug-in that deals with lost connections

Fluxrope
    Winamp 5.572
    Windows XP SP3
    Last edited by fluxrope; 5 April 2010, 20:10.
  • kurkku
    • Jun 2011

Same problem here. Anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

• krazyjakee
      • Oct 2012

I'm bumping this 2 year old issue because it still exists.

I'm on 6mb DSL, latest versions of everything.

I think the best way to solve this is to have an "on-by-default" option that downloads the entire podcast first before playing it. Users can opt-out of this feature in the podcast directory options screen.

In the meantime, I have to use another podcast client taking me out of my precious winamp

Hope this is resolved soon,
      thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X