regular and macro 5 14.71%
regular and micro and macro or i will keeljoo 9 26.47%
i love you Raj 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st January 2002, 19:22   #1
Raj

Send a message via ICQ to Raj
my first wa3 prototype

heres an image for you all. my first winamp3 skin prototype. nice and copact, easy to read too. not done ofcourse. i'm working on figuring out the thinger skinning now and i have a guy helping me code the thing together (i could always use others in my team who know what their doing so if youre interested let me know). i am thinking now of replacing the vis with a custom one.

heres the thing though....you see the main window? its already smaller than winamp2's main window (and i will prob not add a pause button).anyhow, i am on the fence now weather i want to make a "windowshade" mode for it. since it's alreadt so small a smaller version would just be the controlbuttons and maybe the volume control. hmm. it's already pretty small do you need a smaller version before giving up and minimising it? :-/ the alternative to a "windowshade" mode would be the oppsite direction. a huge-assed super-graphical window mode. lots of fancy nice bloated graphics taking up all kinds of room with huge buttons etc (for when youre just playing music and dont mind the window taking up most/all of a screen). yes i know i could have both supersized and windowshade versions to make the player a 3-layout window.....but i dont think i WANT to. atleast not THIS time. so i'm putting it to you kiddies. vote. and vote soon 'cause i'll be continuing development soon.

cheers.

PS: if you have any other opinions voice them now.

PPS: crap. okay i put this in the wrong section of the forum. one of u nice mods wanna move it to the wa3 skining are for me pls?
Attached Images
File Type: gif prototype.gif (26.3 KB, 818 views)

Raj.I/O
Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 19:59   #2
uiop

wow what a beauty
uiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 20:00   #3
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

its small enough as it is, buuuuut! sometimes i like to have the player window just on top of the playlist, and it doesnt realy look good with the fancy new freeform skins - so you should make a winshade just like the one on the default skin, just with a spiced up loook

btw this looooks so nice, keep it up mate!

shouldt this be in the skins section??
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 20:21   #4
Naamloos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by sertmann

shouldt this be in the skins section??
Re-Read the post Sertmann!

I like it as it is! do not make a supersizer or a supersmaller!

edit : The volume is way too small!
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 20:28   #5
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
This is a gutten skin. Keep it this way...
YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 20:39   #6
henry3k56
Forum King

Looks great, nice skin.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 20:45   #7
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Naamloos

Re-Read the post Sertmann!

He Didnt have that comment when i posted anyways the mods rarely moves posts but i guess most people check both forums
Old 1st January 2002, 22:25   #8
Thor
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Thor Send a message via AIM to Thor
looks slick!
bring it to us
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2002, 22:39   #9
mark e
Major Dude

!W0W!

Well... Not bad...
mark e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 01:19   #10
DiEMOS

unbelivable skin. hopefully we'll havbe many like this.
I don't know if its possible but it would be amazing, if you can change the color of the windows, not the whole skin but the accual orange color.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
DiEMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 01:56   #11
bluekeydesign

Send a message via ICQ to bluekeydesign
man thats a awesome skin.
make me a winshade or i will kill you.
its so cool.
i love it.
Jon

Why Llamas? Why not Aardvarks??
bluekeydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 07:33   #12
Naamloos
Forum King

Quote:

He Didnt have that comment when i posted anyways the mods rarely moves posts but i guess most people check both forums
THat's why I should be mod in here
Old 2nd January 2002, 08:22   #13
Spritz

Real nice skin.
Keep up the good work!
Spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 14:55   #14
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Naamloos

THat's why I should be mod in here
riiiiiiiight Happy New Year
Old 2nd January 2002, 15:00   #15
safti
BOFH (Alumni)

Send a message via ICQ to safti Send a message via AIM to safti
in fact, the skins forum is dedicated to tech talk about skin development. so a announcing 'NEW SKIN' thread would fit in the discussion as well.

-safti

Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER
safti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 20:28   #16
The Rhino
Major Dude

great skin a little on the small side but thats ok, so how long till this skin will be functional
The Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 21:10   #17
steve
Intolerant Ex-Administrator

Send a message via AIM to steve
Look really forward to playing with it. I think someone should build a skin where all the windows lock into each other in a certain way to make a big "regular" skin.

You could even press a button to dock them together. That might be an interesting design.

-s

Steve Gedikian
Ex Llama Wrangler
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 21:58   #18
henry3k56
Forum King

Thats would be a really neat Winamp3 function, if you can implode the pieces to fit together, and explode to form apart. You can set the lengths they all want to be apart. Is that possible to set the coordinates of each single window in WA3 if you could spread them apart?

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 03:37   #19
lordkhan

Send a message via ICQ to lordkhan Send a message via AIM to lordkhan Send a message via Yahoo to lordkhan
jigsaw style.. ive been planning this for a while now. if someone wants to write a relative coordinate script for us all it would save me (and whoever else) lotsa time and it could be bundled with the appropriate skins.. *crosses fingers*
lordkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 07:09   #20
Naamloos
Forum King

Quote:

riiiiiiiight Happy New Year
Old 3rd January 2002, 09:18   #21
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

very very nice raj..
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 12:50   #22
james
Forum PFY
(Major Dude)

w00t!

I'd like to know when someone's going to do a Nemish for WA3 skin . . . any takers?

He uses statistics like a drunk uses lamp-posts: for support, not illumination.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 15:25   #23
MahRain

Send a message via ICQ to MahRain
Gamma controls are used far to little with the skins avaiable now. Can you, Raj, implement some schemes in this skin that let me change the background from orange to blue, for example? (like the Default skin can)
MahRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 16:38   #24
Raj

alright just to update you helpful kiddies i've made lots of progress. i have a guy who's an amateur coder learning maki to help me so thats speeding up the process loads since my coding skills have been degrading for years sitting idle on a shelf. thanks to him i've got the volume knob working and the play/stop toggle button too. ive got the main window basically done now except i'm looking for a way to either make the vis translucent white (instead of manualy making it light orange which looks out of place when the the screen is gamma effected) or maybe give the vis its own gama controls? hmm. was fooling with adding a custom vis too but think we'll keep that for the next skin. also decided that this skin is big enough and adding a macro window mode would just bloat the skin for no reason, and its small enough that it doesnt really need a micro mode either. it's kindof in limbo between a regular sized skin and a windowshased one. i'm fine with that. the next skin will prob play with multiple window layouts a bit more. theres not much animation here either. didnt find anywhere it was nessecary really, but maybe i'll add some in the next skin just to say that i can. what else...oh...i've been fiddling with gammas today and got a screen control so you can change the colour of the screen. only prob is that since the screen is already orange/red/yellow it doesnt really do much with blue. and changing the gamma doesnt look as good as say changing the hue in photoshop. but oh well. also the gamma wont effect the yellow/orange of the volume knob light thing. but i'm not bothered by that one bit.
hmmm...what else...oh next step is to try and wrap my head around component skinning. any tips?

hmm, also having a problem assigning any font / textlayer to a gamma set. anyone know how this can be done?

oh another nice note; we got tooltips working. now when you mouseover certain buttons, or use the vol, or posbar, the songtitle text changes to an appropriate tooltip. makes the skin loads more usable IMHO.

havent got the bitrate text working (hint-hint brennan) and having problems with no text scrolling other than the songtitle text area. (ie the thinger text wont scroll)

well that's it for now.

once this one is more "done" i'll post up a beta for you all while we wait for WA3 final so a final revision can be made of this (with all the tweaks nessecary to be 3.0 final compatible), in the mean time i'll be playing wiht the next skin . w00t. maybe playing with drawers/animations/windowmodes more.

oh, by the way, this is "Act 3 Scene 1" (make sence?)

thanks for all your comments chaps. keep 'em coming. even if i dont use them their useful

edit: oh yeah one last addition, RE gamma presets, is there a way to load my skin, play with the gamma editor and see the number values i've just set it to with the sliders (so that i can save this as one ofthe presets for the skin)?

Raj.I/O
Old 3rd January 2002, 16:50   #25
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
Quote:
Originally posted by Raj
alright just to update you helpful kiddies i've made lots of progress. i have a guy who's an amateur coder learning maki to help me so thats speeding up the process loads since my coding skills have been degrading for years sitting idle on a shelf. thanks to him i've got the volume knob working and the play/stop toggle button too. ive got the main window basically done now except i'm looking for a way to either make the vis translucent white (instead of manualy making it light orange which looks out of place when the the screen is gamma effected) or maybe give the vis its own gama controls? hmm. was fooling with adding a custom vis too but think we'll keep that for the next skin. also decided that this skin is big enough and adding a macro window mode would just bloat the skin for no reason, and its small enough that it doesnt really need a micro mode either. it's kindof in limbo between a regular sized skin and a windowshased one. i'm fine with that. the next skin will prob play with multiple window layouts a bit more. theres not much animation here either. didnt find anywhere it was nessecary really, but maybe i'll add some in the next skin just to say that i can. what else...oh...i've been fiddling with gammas today and got a screen control so you can change the colour of the screen. only prob is that since the screen is already orange/red/yellow it doesnt really do much with blue. and changing the gamma doesnt look as good as say changing the hue in photoshop. but oh well. also the gamma wont effect the yellow/orange of the volume knob light thing. but i'm not bothered by that one bit.
hmmm...what else...oh next step is to try and wrap my head around component skinning. any tips?

hmm, also having a problem assigning any font / textlayer to a gamma set. anyone know how this can be done?

oh another nice note; we got tooltips working. now when you mouseover certain buttons, or use the vol, or posbar, the songtitle text changes to an appropriate tooltip. makes the skin loads more usable IMHO.

havent got the bitrate text working (hint-hint brennan) and having problems with no text scrolling other than the songtitle text area. (ie the thinger text wont scroll)

well that's it for now.

once this one is more "done" i'll post up a beta for you all while we wait for WA3 final so a final revision can be made of this (with all the tweaks nessecary to be 3.0 final compatible), in the mean time i'll be playing wiht the next skin . w00t. maybe playing with drawers/animations/windowmodes more.

oh, by the way, this is "Act 3 Scene 1" (make sence?)

thanks for all your comments chaps. keep 'em coming. even if i dont use them their useful

edit: oh yeah one last addition, RE gamma presets, is there a way to load my skin, play with the gamma editor and see the number values i've just set it to with the sliders (so that i can save this as one ofthe presets for the skin)?
Dang!! I read this very long reply and I thought: YES!!! A working beta version of the skin. But no....

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
cmisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 16:53   #26
Raj

patience my pet, patience.
more or less once i can figure out how (the hell) to do the component skin i'll post up a beta version. this skin is pretty messy compared to how it could be now that i know more about wa3 skinning possibilities. (ie messy use of layers)

Raj.I/O
Old 4th January 2002, 11:07   #27
indicavia

Send a message via ICQ to indicavia
wow..that skin is so nice!! but then again, all your skins are..
maybe you could just make a skin/theme for the QuarkAmp script instead of a winshademode..
if someone else has mentioned that opportunity: sorry i didn't read your post..
indicavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 15:14   #28
Raj

thanks. quarkamp?

Raj.I/O
Old 4th January 2002, 15:23   #29
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Moved from WA3 Discussion.
Moved to WA3 skins/scripting.

Sorry it took 3 days to notice, heh, New years hangover, forgive this poor mod
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 15:45   #30
indicavia

Send a message via ICQ to indicavia
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=68292
indicavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 15:58   #31
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
wo0W

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 16:16   #32
Vica
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Vica Send a message via AIM to Vica Send a message via Yahoo to Vica
Awesome work!!

Naamloos was right, the volume kinda small, the only problem I have is that the text is too big, as well as the numbers.

I would say go for finishing it, and maybe have a macro layout.

Skins/Coding: D-Shock, Nebular, Triton [/size]
Vica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 20:45   #33
bobo
Major Dude

i think the shape of the skin is a little strange. and i dont really like that the display things (nubers, posbar, vis etc) is white, id prefer black. but this does still look great im looking forward to try it
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 22:56   #34
Cruzn15

Raj... Raj... why does that name sound familiar? Is this THE Raj?!?!? Creator of Winamp2x skins Act2 Finale, DevilAnt Act 2 Encore, Groovy Sexy Amp (Monkey Radio), Raj I/O Special Edition?!? If this is, your skins show artistic geneous and are simply... awe-inspiring. Hope I'm complimenting the right man or else this is pretty embarrasing, haha.
Cruzn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 00:52   #35
DogWings

Send a message via ICQ to DogWings
BRAVO! That's the sweetest skin design I've seen for WA3 so far.

I hope it will be available in multiple color flavors when all is said and done. But if not I will still name my third or fouth child Raj out of respect for the skin. Well maybe.
DogWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 02:01   #36
Lucas
Guru Meditation (Alumni)

Lovely. Can't wait to play around with it.

-L
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 11:30   #37
Brendo_91

Send a message via ICQ to Brendo_91
You have no idea how grateful I'd be if you made a pause button. Even if it was on its own seperate window, i'd really like one. In fact, a big pause button by itself would be pretty cool..

I pause/rewind/fastforward a lot when i'm learning songs etc and your skin looks too sw33t to have to swap away to another skin for learning songs
Brendo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 16:23   #38
Flynnz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flynnz Send a message via AIM to Flynnz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnz
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzn15
Raj... Raj... why does that name sound familiar? Is this THE Raj?!?!? Creator of Winamp2x skins Act2 Finale, DevilAnt Act 2 Encore, Groovy Sexy Amp (Monkey Radio), Raj I/O Special Edition?!? If this is, your skins show artistic geneous and are simply... awe-inspiring.
I was gonna ask this..
Flynnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 17:43   #39
Raj

heh, okay....
A: i cant beleive you think the numbers etc are "too big" haha. i found the skin to be nice and compact and like the numbers and marquee to be readable at a glance. if i made them smaller it'd be more like a "wiindowhade" sized skin. but dont worry, the next skin will not be this size most likey and will isntead have a larger and a smaller version. i found that the fact that this was in limbo between large and small a problem for making other window modes.

B: i'd let you make the white elements inthe vis black but i can not see a way to assign a gamma group to text or the vis. sorry.

C: i'm playing with the use of gamma controls on the screen. if i make the screen greyscale and tint it orange via gammas you loose the subtle colour tints (red and yellow) on the screen which i feel make t look more flat and boring. :-/ so i'm playing wiht that idea. not sure what i'll do still. may leave this just orange and have the next skin more gamma-friendly. we'll see.

D: bobo what kind of shape would you prefer? strange in a bad way? elaborate.

E: yeah thanks (#^_^#) that's me who's done all those skins. i appreciate youre compliments. i'm still supprised Act2 finale is as popular as it is since it's a really "niche" skin i figured. still havent squeezed on my (I/O) logo to brand this skin as mine. hehe. any places you'd like to see it? lol.

F: pause button eh? hmm. well i dont want to squeze one on the player now as it will seem out of place, u know? oh damn...no play controls on the playlist anymore. hmmm....i'm not making a windowshade mode. i COULD make a c-button cluster (including pause button) and have it accessible via the right click menu...but it's be easier if you just pressed "c" (the hotkey to pause winamp)
next skin will prob pause via an actual GUI button though. so fret not.

Raj.I/O
Old 5th January 2002, 18:13   #40
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Umm, about the pause button, you can do what that has been done in some other skin that I forgot its name, humpf. What that was done there was that when you press on Play, the Play button becomes Stop(in your case it'll become Pause...) and vica versa..

Or something like that.
YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins