Old 10th November 2017, 16:14   #201
Aminifu
Forum King

1. Thank you for accepting my suggestion to display the BPM metadata. Displaying it on the main player in the same way that it can be displayed in the media library makes sense. Good idea to make it an option.

2. It was only logical to sync the digital VU meters colors, since their response is now synced.

3. I'm really glad you brought back most of the options for the spectrum analyzer. You only left out the option for thick or thin bars. I'm not asking that you also return the oscilloscope, but have you tried it's options in the default Winamp skins. They allow for a more interesting effect than the default setup.

I'm eagerly waiting to use this version!!!

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 16:47   #202
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
You only left out the option for thick or thin bars.
Yes, but this is combined with thick or thin background bars. Adding this option would mean adding a new background bitmap with thin bars. We shall see.

There is a new entry in the section Spectrum Analyzer of the context menu though. It is called Show Grid and allows you to show/hide the grid layer. Therefore you will have either "plain lines/bars" (Winamp standard) or "segments" (which has been the default Spectrum Analyzer in Quinto Black CT).
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 16:24   #203
PeterK.

For all Classic Skin fans I created a new Spectrum Analyzer color pattern that contains exactly the same color scheme as the Classic Skin does. So now we have: Blue, Classic, Gray (default), Green and Red.

Above that there is a new option which shows/hides the Spectrum Analyzer bars as thin lines. The background bitmap for that particular option will be plain dark gray. And since it was possible to show/hide the grid even while having the thin lines enabled (in the first draft of the new context menu), I decided to move this feature to the "Analyzer Bandwidth" entry. Therefore you will have to choose between "Wide (show Grid)" and "Wide (hide Grid"). And if I am not mistaken the proper term for that option is "wide" and not "thick". So there will be wide and thin lines.

While creating all the Spectrum Analyzer options I noticed that the band number 16 never shows up. Normally there are 16 "colorband" lines. But when I set the color of the last (highest) band to pink I never see it. Could it be that there are only 15 bands plus peak segment?

And since we have some new stuff, which was not on the plan, I am afraid I will have to postpone the release of the upcoming version 1.6 for the end of November. That stuff definitely needs some testing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classic analyzer.png
Views:	156
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	53613  
Old 14th November 2017, 16:23   #204
libero

Probably, you will scold me, but I'm again talking about the number of LEDs ... In the old version of the main window indicator there were 16 segments (I calculated). And you reduced them to 10 pieces. It would be logical to make 16 segments in both LED indicators. No matter what the numbers indicate these segments, you can generally leave 3-4 figures on the scale of a large separate indicator, for example -20, -3, +/- 0, +3 and all. Make half the scale green, 1/4 - yellow and 1/4 - red. Place the LEDs themselves closer to each other, blinking will become smoother. Test this option.
libero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2017, 04:08   #205
Aminifu
Forum King

Great work with the additional Spectrum Analyzer options! The reasons for the 16th band and why it doesn't appear to be used have probably been lost in the mists of time.

Having to wait till the end of the month to try these options is np for me. It'll be like a free Black Friday gift.

To spread things out a little you could remove (or line up, as they were originally) the play, pause, and stop mode indicators on the left. They are kind of redundant imo, since it's now easy to see which playback control button is active. I also take back my suggestion for different colors to indicate the active repeat mode on the LED next to it's control button, since the active mode is spelled out in words.

Old 16th November 2017, 16:45   #206
PeterK.

Quote:
To spread things out a little you could remove (or line up, as they were originally) the play, pause, and stop mode indicators on the left. They are kind of redundant imo ...
Are you trying to make more room on the display so you can make another suggestion, which this time would demand 5 digits and 10 decimals, Aminifu?
One of the reason why these status bitmaps are still there is they are "place holder" in case you have a huge playlist (or movie) and click on the timer. Something like -999:10 could appear and needs space.

Quote:
I also take back my suggestion for different colors to indicate the active repeat mode on the LED next to it's control button, since the active mode is spelled out in words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libero View Post
It would be logical to make 16 segments in both LED indicators.
What kind of logic are you trying to apply here libero? Why are 16 segments logical and 10 are not? Huh?
At the beginning there were 16 because I copied and pasted some lines from the Modern Skin. The amount of the LEDs had absolutely nothing to do with any mathematical nor technical aspects. This tiny VU Meter was just a "Nice-To-Have" feature. Nothing more, nothing less. And since there are no standards or templets for digital Meters (at least I had not found any) I have taken the freedom to synchronize the amount of LEDs with the digits on the analog Meter.

No comment regarding the following screenshot though ...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	osciloscope.png
Views:	112
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	53615  
Old 17th November 2017, 15:06   #207
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Are you trying to make more room on the display so you can make another suggestion, which this time would demand 5 digits and 10 decimals, Aminifu?

Oh no, I'm done with asking you to add stuff (at least for the time being). I don't want to press my luck.

But seriously, there are many Winamp users who don't use the media library and keep everything they play in the playlist editor. Their listings grow quite large over time (several thousand items). Search for posts from people talking about huge playlists (or maximum playlist length) for some examples. There have been several plug-ins developed to help people manage huge playlists.

Are you saying that these mode indicators will automatically move over (or disappear) if the timer needs more room?

Did you change your mind about the oscilloscope, or are you pulling libero's leg? If you keep adding stuff, it'll be Christmas before we get to use the next version.

Old 17th November 2017, 15:38   #208
libero

Great, then let's stop on the sound indicator in more detail. But first of all I wanted to thank you for the excellent work. Skin gets better and better. Now the VU. So. Let's look at the indicators of hifi-devices. What do we see? First, the scale of such indicators starts often from -40dB. You have a scale of -20 conventional units (I realized that this is not dB). You decided so. Good. But then make sure that when playing the track, the indication does not disappear at low sound levels. I propose by default to set 2 start (one per channel) LED, which will always light when the program is turned on. Then, both your LED indicators should be done not by 10, but by 15-16 segments per channel (here you need to experiment with the number). Number of digits can leave 10 (those that already exist). But the number of LEDs should be increased for a more smooth indication of the signal. The distances between the LEDs do less, then they all fit. Next, the color perception. Half of the 16 segments I propose to make green, 1/4 part (from -3 to +/- 0) - yellow and the last (upper from +/- 0 to +3) - red.
Old 17th November 2017, 16:37   #209
PeterK.

Quote:
Are you saying that these mode indicators will automatically move over (or disappear) if the timer needs more room?
No, they are still there. Removing them entirely would leave a huge hole in there and I do not want it.

Quote:
If you keep adding stuff, it'll be Christmas before we get to use the next version.
Great! Best time of the year for gifts. Don't you think?

I have two questions:

1) Why do we need 5 color lines for the oscilloscope in the <vis> section? There is only one oscilloscope and three styles.

2) Could it be that I can assign max 3 states to the so called <nstatebutton>? I tried to expand the number of states of such button and the Compiler crashed every time I double clicked the script file. I even did not see any proper error message, the compiling process just got stopped in the middle of nowhere.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	colorosc.png
Views:	104
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	53623  
Old 18th November 2017, 08:39   #210
libero

For the function of the oscilloscope (if I understood correctly, you want to do this function) a separate thank you.
Old 18th November 2017, 16:18   #211
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi PeterK.,

I forgot to give you a for adding the classic skin's fire color effect for the spectrum analyzer. I've spent years looking for this effect in modern skins and could not find it. Even in the skins that listed it, it didn't work. I finally resigned myself to the idea that it was a Winamp Classic exclusive.

Hopefully Victhor or ariszlo will have some insight into the 5 color lines. Are you sure they are for the oscilloscope and not the spectrum analyzer?

Old 20th November 2017, 16:44   #212
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libero View Post
But then make sure that when playing the track, the indication does not disappear at low sound levels.
Good point, libero. Done! From now on, the -20 LEDs are always on when a song is played.

Quote:
Hi PeterK.,

I forgot to give you a for adding the classic skin's fire color effect for the spectrum analyzer.
Thank you. Please remember (all) that the Classic color of the Oscilloscope is white. (have a look at the Classic skin). I am mentioning this because I merged the color schemes for both Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer into one Visualizer Color section. So Classic color for Spectrum Analyzer is green-yellow-red and plain white for all three styles of the Oscilloscope.

Quote:
Hopefully Victhor or ariszlo will have some insight into the 5 color lines. Are you sure they are for the Oscilloscope and not the Spectrum Analyzer?
I pretty am, Aminifu, color osc as a name for a parameter is quite unique and applies definitely to the color of the Oscilloscope.
Old 21st November 2017, 14:37   #213
libero

Excellent, thank you for listening to my wish. Only one replacement on the go. The start-up LEDs should be lit, not -20. That is, there should be initial (show the inclusion of the program), then -20 and so on. And I also asked to add 2-3 LEDs per channel in the range from -20 to -3 for more accurate transmission of the audio signal. Test this option, maybe for the next version. The indicator starts to work completely differently. Thank you.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor