Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

there's the lite option on the components selection page when using one of the full installers.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• MrSinatra
      Forum King
      • Dec 2004

brilliant! have to remember that!
      PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
      --
      BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
      Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
      Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• mynameisnobody
        • Jan 2006

cool new albumarts! Thanks!
        An option to see also the Artist under the cover would be nice!
        Think that would be very helpfull for smartviews with singles or generally for big collections.
        ClassicPro - Enhanced Winamp
        www.skinconsortium.com
        my skins: http://www.winamp.com/user/details/4391303

Comment

• Sabine Klare
          Forum Queen
          • Nov 2010

Hello everyone,
          cool new albumarts sounds very nice...
          I will wait some days, maybe one week, to get 3161 and not 3159. I will clear the cookies before I download it again (maybe in Firefox 5 instead of Internet Explorer directly from this thread). For me as a German user I have to decide between German from the main page or English or Multi-Language from this thread (it must be full-version). I will prepare something before doing it with many thanks to the instructions...
          I will take a look here in these days and then I will be back...
          Winamp is really nice...
          Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
          Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
          Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
          AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• Pbirv
            • Feb 2009

I just read that AOL is teaming up with Slacker. Does that mean that their stations will no longer be available on Winamp after they're added on there?

Comment

• ujay
              Forum King
              • Jul 2001

I see the problem with the wrong build here too.

Right click the installer file > Properties > Details to check you have the correct build (3161)

If you are getting build 3159 then try downloading the multi language version instead,
              or use this link

Download Winamp for Windows to play and organize a variety of audio and video files, as well as rip and burn CDs. Winamp has had 0 updates within the past 6 months.

UJ

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                Forum Queen
                • Nov 2010

Right clicked the installer file > Properties > Details for all the 3 downloaded setups (all the 3 from here and the main page):
                English: 5.6.2.3159
                German: 5.6.2.3161
                Multi Language: 5.6.2.3161
                I think, I will take the third version with Multi Language to switch between the two languages English and German...
                But thank Your also for the link.
                I am curently running Luke Firewalker of Avira AntiVir Personal (4-5 hours) and I need to make a second running, so it will last a little bit longer now for me (I hate such problems). I can make the install so many hours later now...
                Greetings again
                Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
                Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
                AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• DJ Egg
                  Spectral Techorator
                  • Jun 2000

Hi Sabine

Glad to hear you finally got hold of build 3161
                  Yes, it will have been a cache issue.
                  Usual fix is to empty browser cache and then wait a bit before redownloaing.

Please let us know if everything is working ok with Milkdrop v2.24

@Ujay
                  I hear you about SHOUTcast Radio view. I did warn the team about the high potential of a backlash...
                  Hopefully, we can get the right-click menu (play, enqueue, bookmark) reinstated at some point.
                  At least there's an option to switch to a classic-style view and 100 stations per page.
                  The genre search works better in this version, but yes, it would be nice also if there was an option to remember your selection.
                  Any such updates can be made serverside....

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• ujay
                    Forum King
                    • Jul 2001

A few observations on the new Shoutcast Radio page.

The 'Classic' view is gone and has been replaced by an alternative listing. (3 line icon in VIEW).

So I guess we have to make the best of it.

PROs -

Can be set to list 100 staions per page, maybe not as good as one whole list, but not so bad.
                    Remembers column settings - Hooray.

CONs -

Does not remember selections from refresh to refresh, let alone session to session.

No direct bookmarking. Useful for selecting a few stations to play later.

As bookmarking now has to be done in Winamp, this means by Server only. This is far from satisfactory as broadcasters often get moved around by their service suppliers and the boookmark goes dead. This is back to the old days of chasing around to keep the list maintained all the time.
                    With the introduction of static Station ID's Winamp was able to make bookmarks that took this into account. If a bookmark was dead you could usually be sure it was off air, rather than a broken link. Any chance we can get back to this ?

Design -

I'd like to see the Genres Selection box above the 'Popular Tags', not below.

Anything that can be done to vary text size or colour would be welcome.

Note. This is serverside code running in Winamp's browser, so going back to an earlier Winamp version will not change anything.
                    Also, it could have been worked on as we speak, updating would be silent. Check the site page for latest features.

UJ

Comment

• lostinsound
                      • Jul 2009

Sweet. The new album art features are awesome. Would it be possible, when it's set to not show album title under the art, to have it so the title always pops up in a text box when you mouse over the album art? Right now it only pops up when the title is too long to fit under the art (which makes sense when you have the titles displayed).

Comment

• iron2000
                        • Mar 2002

Nice!
                        The separate Winamp volume slider reappeared in Win7's mixer after I updated!

EDIT:
                        Spoke too soon.
                        The slider disappeared after enqueuing 5 folders with Winamp still opened and suddnly finding in 5 copies of Winamps (not sure what caused the copies).
                        Then the slider refuse to show up again.
                        Thanx

Comment

• evolution76
                          • Apr 2003

Winamp just rules!!!!!

Comment

• Pbirv
                            • Feb 2009

Originally Posted by ujay View Post
                            A few observations on the new Shoutcast Radio page.

The 'Classic' view is gone and has been replaced by an alternative listing. (3 line icon in VIEW).

So I guess we have to make the best of it.

PROs -

Can be set to list 100 staions per page, maybe not as good as one whole list, but not so bad.
                            Remembers column settings - Hooray.

CONs -

Does not remember selections from refresh to refresh, let alone session to session.

No direct bookmarking. Useful for selecting a few stations to play later.

As bookmarking now has to be done in Winamp, this means by Server only. This is far from satisfactory as broadcasters often get moved around by their service suppliers and the boookmark goes dead. This is back to the old days of chasing around to keep the list maintained all the time.
                            With the introduction of static Station ID's Winamp was able to make bookmarks that took this into account. If a bookmark was dead you could usually be sure it was off air, rather than a broken link. Any chance we can get back to this ?

Design -

I'd like to see the Genres Selection box above the 'Popular Tags', not below.

Anything that can be done to vary text size or colour would be welcome.

Note. This is serverside code running in Winamp's browser, so going back to an earlier Winamp version will not change anything.
                            Also, it could have been worked on as we speak, updating would be silent. Check the site page for latest features.

UJ
                            Actually according to this description DJEgg gave for the new Winamp; "Misc: Redesigned SHOUTcast Radio online service view (new school & classic options)" So I'm guessing that the 5.62 was at least supposed to still have the classic Shoutcast radio option.

Please Winamp, don't tell me that the classic view got cut out of the new version at the last minute. I really prefer scrolling down the list of stations to flipping pages over.

Comment

• DJ Egg
                              Spectral Techorator
                              • Jun 2000

@Pbirv

No, the new classic-style option is on the same page, along with the option to show 100 stations per page

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• Pbirv
                                • Feb 2009

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                                @Pbirv

No, the new classic-style option is on the same page, along with the option to show 100 stations per page
                                http://meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1309578030/sc-radio.png
                                I just saw that. The problem is, you still have to flip pages over. That might not be quite so bad if the page numbers were laid out on the screen so that, for example, one could go from page 1 to page 4 without having to go thru 2 and 3. As it is, I'm going back to Winamp 5.58. Sorry, don't take this personally, but I prefer being able to see what's offered without having to flip pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X