Old 20th November 2010, 22:50   #41
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

i'm hijacking your thread to whine, i understand... you can continue your discussion with no regards to what i posted so far....

consider my whine done
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 08:05   #42
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
The DSM-V (fifth edition) has proposed to eliminate Asperger Syndrome as a specific disorder (which it currently is) and categorize it under general Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Here, that's already the case.

Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced that treating high functioning people differently than anyone else helps.
I don't believe in treating any people the same. Sure, for the law we're all equal, but nobody is the same and we shouldn't expect ourselves to think that way. Just my $.02.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 05:11   #43
Nicolas01

Asperger's syndrome is considered as one of the pervasive developmental disease. Children with Asperger's are also at risk for other psychiatric problems including depression, schizophrenia and other obsessive-compulsive disorder. Individuals with asperger's syndrome can range from mild to severe.

Asperger Syndrome
Nicolas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 07:43   #44
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
i'm ok with it... it still sucks... but i'm mentally ok with it
That's excellent.

Quote:
I don't believe in treating any people the same.
If that is patient, caring and decent, it doesn't require treating people differently. If it isn't, who has the handicap?
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 11:21   #45
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
If that is patient, caring and decent, it doesn't require treating people differently. If it isn't, who has the handicap?
good question, i think it has to do with our definition of normal, it's again set in us as little kids, when we ask our parents questions about the world, we embrace what they say without going "hmmm, are they 100% right?" because hey, we don't know any other answer...

it's also set in us when we are exposed to certain things very frequently, when we are "taught" that a certain behaviour or condition is normal, we accept it as normal and look at other things as crazy and against laws of nature, the best example would be religion:

(due to a chance to piss off people of a certain religion, i will be generic in my statement):
religion\cult teaches you that A,B,C,D is good and holy and will make your god happy and E,F,G,H is unholy and will make your god mad, your perception of good and evil are predetermined by a rulebook.
is a certain religion better than the other? not necessarily
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions